Acura RSX tried to race my 02 wrx.....
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Acura RSX tried to race my 02 wrx..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Last night on the way home, a tricked out RSX tried to race my 02 WRX. I was on cruise ...

Acura RSX tried to race my 02 wrx.....

Last night on the way home, a tricked out RSX tried to race my 02 WRX. I was on cruise control in a 55mph zone at 66 mph when a passed a late model RSX with nice wheels and a load exhaust that was traveling at 50 mph or so. He waited for me to get about a 16th of a mile ahead and nailed it and he then did a fly by, passing me at wide open throttle. I just stayed on cruise control and let him go, but I gotta ask the question. Would this car have been any competition? I do not know much about them. Does anyone know? Thanks and have a great day!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Scooby,too
    Last night on the way home, a tricked out RSX tried to race my 02 WRX. I was on cruise control in a 55mph zone at 66 mph when a passed a late model RSX with nice wheels and a load exhaust that was traveling at 50 mph or so. He waited for me to get about a 16th of a mile ahead and nailed it and he then did a fly by, passing me at wide open throttle. I just stayed on cruise control and let him go, but I gotta ask the question. Would this car have been any competition? I do not know much about them. Does anyone know? Thanks and have a great day!
    Sadly yes, it probably would have beat you, especially if it was the newer 05/06 model with the Type-R final drive and improved engine. Stock for stock it would probably edge you out, but decently modded they can trap almost 100mph (05/06). Off the line, with a really good launch, you'd hold them off. Late model bolt-on RSXs are pretty much stuck at 100-103 traps with pretty much every bolt on. Turbo ones are good for around 104-110.
    2005 Aspen White STi

If it was a type S, yeah, it would've pulled on you.

Heck, now I wish that I would have tried ! The way he passed me, it did not seem to be very fast. I do not think that it was a turbo, as I turned down the radio so that I could hear the car. This car reminds me of my Grand National, as it seems that everyone with a modified import trys to race it! Oh, by the way, the Grand National was highy modifed with 24 pounds of boost on 110 octane leade racing fuel and trapped at 106mph in the 1/8th mile. Needless to say, I never raced an import in the Knoxville are that even came close..

About that RSX........

I just checked the specifications and the book says the 2004 to 2006 have from 155HP to 210HP, so I think I would have been close, and or beat him, because these cars seem to be strong in 3rd gear from 70mph up. There was not much traffic, so it would have been safe, at least as my driving. It is always the other guy that you gotta worry about!

Stage 2, and the RSX is history in all straight line races for just $1000 in mods.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Yeh, that is kind of what I thought. I just spoke with a buddy of mine that owns a import speed shop here in Knoxville (Racing Innovations) and he said that even stock to stock, the wrx should win. Of course, mine is stock, but I am unsure about his. Harry builds Honda, Nissan (Skyline), Acura's, and even a supercharged SVT Focus or two...

Sounds something like what happened to me last night. I was going to my friends house and while I was driving down a residential street this mustang gt convertible pulls out of his driveway and gets behind me at a stop sign, I stopped and pulled away like normal doing 25 down the street and he disappeared because he was driving slower than that. A little bit down the road I look in my rear view and he comes flying up and gets right on my tail then brakes hard, I pulled to the side a little (still on a residential road) and rolled down my window to ask if he wanted to go to another road to get a run in and he stayed behind me creeping ever so slowly up then immidiately floored it in 1st when I am now on the side of the road behind some parked cars so needless to say I let him be goofy and drive 80 down a residential neighborhood. It was what seemed to be a stock gt as well (i.e. no exhaust or other visual mods and no supercharger or turbo whine).
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

Yeh, that is kind of what I thought. I just spoke with a buddy of mine that owns a import speed shop here in Knoxville (Racing Innovations) and he said that even stock to stock, the wrx should win. Of course, mine is stock, but I am unsure about his. Harry builds Honda, Nissan (Skyline), Acura's, and even a supercharged SVT Focus or two...
    From a dig, there's no doubt the WRX will win 99.9% of the time if they're driven by equally skilled drivers. From street and highway rolls, the Type S cuts the probability down a bit since their motors are aimed to make power from mid to high.

meh if it's a stockwrx and fromarolling it may have a shot, other than that 99% are turds.

Yeh, that is kind of what I thought. I just spoke with a buddy of mine that owns a import speed shop here in Knoxville (Racing Innovations) and he said that even stock to stock, the wrx should win. Of course, mine is stock,
    From a stop, it is likely you would still take him if you can get a decent launch. However, at 60mph a stock wrx and stock rsx-s are a pretty good race and the rsx-s takes the upper hand the faster speeds become. And actually, they take pretty well to mods and you said he at least had an exhaust so he probably would have pulled you from those speeds.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Stage 2, and the RSX is history in all straight line races for just $1000 in mods.
    Not necessarily.

Check out the RSX boards. There are a lot of guys with rsx-s running bolt on's and hondata that are trapping over 100mph and in some extreme cases 102mph which is on par with, if not a tad ahead of a stageII wrx. And lets not forget that when A stageII wrx traps 100mph it just enters 4th gear and does not really have time for the poor gearing to play a negative roll.... However in a rolling race that exceeded 100mph (let say 120mph) I would not be the least bit suprised if a bolt on and hondata rsx-s put a couple cars on a stageII.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Not necessarily.

Check out the RSX boards. There are a lot of guys with rsx-s running bolt on's and hondata that are trapping over 100mph and in some extreme cases 102mph which is on par with, if not a tad ahead of a stageII wrx. And lets not forget that when A stageII wrx traps 100mph it just enters 4th gear and does not really have time for the poor gearing to play a negative roll.... However in a rolling race that exceeded 100mph (let say 120mph) I would not be the least bit suprised if a bolt on and hondata rsx-s put a couple cars on a stageII.
    Yeah, the k20a2 is very responsive. I guess the only thing that's a turn off is $/hp ratio, but that's expected since it is N/A afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Not necessarily.

I'm all over clubrsx.com. the only way a rsx will take a stage 2 rex from a roll is if the bolt ons include a turbo. That will only last if the engine is basically completely rebuilt to destroke that high compression sucka otherwise they are higly unreliable. Furthermore the dudes trapping with stage 2 rex's are running drag radials on the track so we don't have to worry about any of them on the street.
    Another thing I don't know about you, but if you want to make a power monster for some kind of street cred, you don't go buying a 25k fwd and throw 15k more in bolt-on mods engine rebuilds just to hang with a stage 2 rex, that's kind of stupid.
    The RSX is an autocrossing sports coupe, not a drag racer. Niether is the rex, but a rex is naturally a far better vehicle at going faster in the real world for much less cash.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Registered User project_skyline's Avatar
    Stock RSX S would lose to stock wrx but if it had some decent mods especially turbo it would beat you.

If you were stock you still prolly could have beat him, even if he had some low lvl mods like intake, exhaust, and headers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.