Acura RSX tried to race my 02 wrx..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Acura RSX tried to race my 02 wrx..... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hrmm, i cant really say on a WRX, since i dont own one, but i know in a stock S4 ...

Hrmm, i cant really say on a WRX, since i dont own one, but i know in a stock S4 from a 40mph a stock RSX Type-S was a cakewalk for me. Granted i do have a bit better topend then a rex, but i still dont think stock for stock it should of been an issue for you to take him. WRX are damn near an even match for my S4, so i think you would of been ok.

We also have to consider the driver factor, 3 or 4/10's of a second in a shift can make the difference.

I also have a funny story where a turbo'd RSX in my area (i later found out dyno's a little over 300 wheel) completely owned my **** from a 50mph roll. I mean it was bad, by the time we hit 80 he was approx 3 cars in front of me.
    "To accept a faith just because it is customary, means to be dishonest, to be cowardly, to be lazy. And do dishonesty, cowardice, and laziness then appear as the presupposition of morality?"
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."
    - Friedrich Nietzsche

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it."
    - Aristotle

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Thanks for the replies...

The way it looked and sounded, it probably had an exhaust and a CAI. As it went past me, it made a fair amount of noise, but the speed did not seem to correspond...lot of sound,not much acceleration. The weird thing about my stock WRX, it does not make much noise, but when you have a first time rider, she usually grabs a hold of something and kinda goes oh&*#%! Oh yeah, and full circle 20mph off ramps at 50mph is a blast

a rsx type-s with good driving will net a 14.7 (average) with Catback, intake
    my neighbor has one and thats the times he runs

i dunno what you mean by "tricked out", but unless he was packing a supercharger or some cams/headwork i think you would have taken him, def at top end.

they are pretty hefty cars, not as light as the older gen honda's but they pack a punch.

-note: this is a opinion, there are no facts stated, just what ive seen
    My Car:
    Nothing Noteworthy

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I'm all over clubrsx.com. the only way a rsx will take a stage 2 rex from a roll is if the bolt ons include a turbo. That will only last if the engine is basically completely rebuilt to destroke that high compression sucka otherwise they are higly unreliable. Furthermore the dudes trapping with stage 2 rex's are running drag radials on the track so we don't have to worry about any of them on the street.
    Another thing I don't know about you, but if you want to make a power monster for some kind of street cred, you don't go buying a 25k fwd and throw 15k more in bolt-on mods engine rebuilds just to hang with a stage 2 rex, that's kind of stupid.
    The RSX is an autocrossing sports coupe, not a drag racer. Niether is the rex, but a rex is naturally a far better vehicle at going faster in the real world for much less cash.
    I've been on clubrsx, and most of the people there don't know **** about their own cars. Go to a real Honda message board if you want to learn about RSX's.

Why would you need to destroke the high compression?
    2005 Evolution VIII

Quote Originally Posted by Felix
    I've been on clubrsx, and most of the people there don't know **** about their own cars. Go to a real Honda message board if you want to learn about RSX's.

Why would you need to destroke the high compression?
    You need to put in shorter rods to lower the chances of knock, or blowing a head gasket etc. Honda rods don't take well to boost, they are not made for it, they are constructed to be as light as possible for high rpm n/a applications. Your right though, clubrsx are a bit fanboish.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

ok to clear things up, the car probably would have pulled on you. I owned a 05 rsx-s w/ bolt on's, that thing would spank my 02 on the top end so bad its really not even funny. If it was an 02-04 and all it had was exhaust then MAYBE you would have been able to hang. 05-06 rsx-s have type-r final drive, type-r cams, bigger TB, redesigned plenium, and a stock 8350 fuel cut, my 05 when it was stock dynoed at almost 190 whp.

So your saying it only takes 10hp to run a RSX tranny, axles, wheels, tire, and all?

Base model RSX's are insanely slow...

From what I've heard about Stage 2 2.0L being faster than the 06 WRX, an RSX Type S would stand no chance against one.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

I'm all over clubrsx.com. the only way a rsx will take a stage 2 rex from a roll is if the bolt ons include a turbo. That will only last if the engine is basically completely rebuilt to destroke that high compression sucka otherwise they are higly unreliable. Furthermore the dudes trapping with stage 2 rex's are running drag radials on the track so we don't have to worry about any of them on the street.
    Another thing I don't know about you, but if you want to make a power monster for some kind of street cred, you don't go buying a 25k fwd and throw 15k more in bolt-on mods engine rebuilds just to hang with a stage 2 rex, that's kind of stupid.
    The RSX is an autocrossing sports coupe, not a drag racer. Niether is the rex, but a rex is naturally a far better vehicle at going faster in the real world for much less cash.
    clubrsx is a bunch of stupid whining 16 year old's. Go to a real honda message board where people actually know to drive and work on their cars like Honda-tech.com

Your argument is incredibly flawed and a bulk of that entire post is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. I dont care which car does more with what amount of money, I dont care what car is made for what, etc...

My point is simple. An RSX-S running bolt on's and well-tuned hondata is capable of traps in the 100-101 area which is right where a stageII wrx traps and over 100mph is where the wrx needs to enter 4th gear (its weak point) and at that point it is likely the rsx-s would take over the race seeing how the 4th gear on those cars is quite strong for their powerband.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    clubrsx is a bunch of stupid whining 16 year old's. Go to a real honda message board where people actually know to drive and work on their cars like Honda-tech.com

Your argument is incredibly flawed and a bulk of that entire post is completely irrelevant to the topic at hand. I dont care which car does more with what amount of money, I dont care what car is made for what, etc...

My point is simple. An RSX-S running bolt on's and well-tuned hondata is capable of traps in the 100-101 area which is right where a stageII wrx traps and over 100mph is where the wrx needs to enter 4th gear (its weak point) and at that point it is likely the rsx-s would take over the race seeing how the 4th gear on those cars is quite strong for their powerband.
    Nothing is flawed, and the post is relevant. What is irrelevant is giving a f**k about 4th gear and above. If you like racing to 120mph to win then good for you, I think you'd be an idiot for doing so and calling it a win. Just my 2 cents...

For a guy who knows it all, why the hell are you running a boost controller with a stock a$$ turbo, and a fanboi a$$ BOV???
    Get some EM, and drop the wack a$$ bov and then you can talk sh*t.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's on!!!

Oh, and IBTL

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    It's on!!!

Oh, and IBTL

For a guy who knows it all, why the hell are you running a boost controller with a stock a$$ turbo, and a fanboi a$$ BOV???
    Get some EM, and drop the wack a$$ bov and then you can talk sh*t.

I like you. You make me laugh.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex

I like you. You make me laugh.

Awwww I feel the love. On the real though loosen up. I think your Yellow belt is too tight.
    Hhahhahaha!

I'm just f*&n with ya man

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast