8yourV8, I think not - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 8yourV8, I think not within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by rayray I just read all of this....that's at least 10 minutes of my life I won't be ...

Quote Originally Posted by rayray
    I just read all of this....that's at least 10 minutes of my life I won't be getting back
    LOL, Im not trying to lighten up anything but that was the first post that put a smile to my face. You guys can ban me, I more than deserve it. I probably wont be coming back on here anytime in the near future anyways.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sounds good, cya
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by eviLS6
    And Im pretty disgusted with the fast and the furious stereotypical phenomenon that has swept the country
    As are we. Why do you think there's stereo types about imports? It's partly because of bs like F&F give us a bad image. If you look around here, you'll find that almost everyone here is against F&F type cars, rice, and a lot of us are against street racing too. I love cars in general, FI Flat fours that can crank out 300 hp and huge V8's that sound mean as hell. It's all gravy to me. But what do expect to happen when go to a forum bash the car in your first post making rash generalizations and a half detailed story?
    Last edited by TOOFAST88; 05-05-2006 at 06:57 PM.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

I agree, there is always someone faster. Last time I checked an STI weighs 3250 not 3800 lbs, its a weight difference of 100 lbs.
    I was talking about a 3000GT VR4 which in stock trim weighs about 3,790 lbs. I don't know all that much about WRX's yet, so I was just giving you an example of a fast import that weighs a lot more than a Vette. I know theres some speedy STI's around but I figured it would make more of an impression if you knew that this car weighs 3800 lbs, has a 3L motor and did a 12.3

Your first posts did sound pretty hostile, and generally people don't go to the losing platforms forums and brag about it. You don't seem too bad from your other posts...but try to lighten up a bit eh?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

I just don't get why people get so intense about how fast their car is (or think it is). If you personally outran the STI on FOOT...now then I would be impressed. But that a $50K 2 seater out ran a $30K imprezza...well...I'm sure your mother is very proud. Call me strange, but I don't have that much of my ego wrapped up in how fast my car is (or isn't). This is supposed to be fun....or am I all turned around here? Maybe you should just stop at the light and compare ***** size.
    And for what it's worth....I traded in a '99 SS Camaro on my 03 WRX wagon. Sure the Camaro was fast, but was'nt nearly as much FUN to drive...not too mention essentially useless except as 2 person transport.
    And finally...for the reason I wasted yet another few precious minutes of my life writing this...you mentioned having afforded the car by "serving your country." Please, if you are a soldier, keep everyone guessing and keep the info to yourself; Abu Graib, Gitmo...I don't think I can take the embarressment.

Quote Originally Posted by rayray
    I just don't get why people get so intense about how fast their car is (or think it is). If you personally outran the STI on FOOT...now then I would be impressed. But that a $50K 2 seater out ran a $30K imprezza...well...I'm sure your mother is very proud. Call me strange, but I don't have that much of my ego wrapped up in how fast my car is (or isn't). This is supposed to be fun....or am I all turned around here? Maybe you should just stop at the light and compare ***** size.
    And for what it's worth....I traded in a '99 SS Camaro on my 03 WRX wagon. Sure the Camaro was fast, but was'nt nearly as much FUN to drive...not too mention essentially useless except as 2 person transport.
    And finally...for the reason I wasted yet another few precious minutes of my life writing this...you mentioned having afforded the car by "serving your country." Please, if you are a soldier, keep everyone guessing and keep the info to yourself; Abu Graib, Gitmo...I don't think I can take the embarressment.
    uh-oh.....Snakes....on a plane.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I Support ClubWRX
    I guess I am a troll right now, I apologize for all of the hostile remarks, I will defend myself if someone gets on here with something stupid, fair warning. I dont usually do this and Im not a troll kinda guy, just had a race with a seemingly quick STI today thats all. The only outlet would be the internet, and thank god we have it. Imagine having a run in with someone and not being able to boast about it later. I think thats part of what makes these forums so great.

So I apologize again for any derogatory remarks to the STI, and STI ownership and imports in general. Im not particularly fond of imports, and I have great reason to not be. It seems youre either an import guy or a domestic guy. I like muscle cars, and V8's. And Im pretty disgusted with the fast and the furious stereotypical phenomenon that has swept the country, I know kids that truly think a civic type R is quicker than an LS1 powered f body, it bothers me to the point that i just dont like imports at all.

You can make anything fast, I can go take a Gremlin and put a 500 cid motor in it and it will run 9's all day long.
    I am 44 years old. I grew up with V8s. I still love the sound of an American V8. For a very long time I was a “Buy American! consumer” I gave the US automakers 25+ years to build something as solid and reliable as what was coming out of Japan. They did not. I prefer to own one vehicle at a time. Two years ago the WRX fit what I wanted in a 365 day a year daily driver. Aside from the sh!tty paint I do not regret my choice. It is a wonderful car with markedly better performance than the old school Detroit V8s I have owned / driven over the years.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Bring it ***got, I already apologized, you wanna know who youre ****ing with click on my myspace link, Ive gone 190 on two wheels where a 4 cylinder belongs more times than I can remember,

Ive done all the work on my vette, with money I earned serving my country, Im not some rich kid. So yeah, when someone calls me out on the freeway with a plate that reads 8yourV8 Im gonna step up to the plate, and if I win expect some **** talking to commence. Dont run a plate unless you can back it up. I was going to run MPRTKLR, but I KNOW there are 9 second street driven supras out there rolling around.

To the asswipe that said only 4 cars from 70 to 110 you have no concept of time and distance, thats about 1 second in a quarter mile.
    OK, first of all, EMO Boy, you are the one who has to put "I'm not gay," in the first line of your my space description. Second of all, thanks for serving the country. Don't ask, don't tell must be working. Third of all, I'm no rich kid either. I'm a 44 year-old who got everything I own by doing it myself. Fourth, I have owned some of the best muscle Detroit has ever built and I like my WRX just as much. Fifth, if you're going to go to all of the trouble to register for at least two (and who knows how many more) boards just to brag about beating a car you should beat, don't expect a pat on the back.

Apology accepted.
    My water heater has a blow off valve.

Administrator
    I Support ClubWRX
    This one's had enough.

eviLS6,

This is your one and only warning. We don't take kindly to personal attacks. If you can't find a way of getting your point accross without insulting someone, don't post it.

We have plenty of people who are active in this community who don't own a Subaru. You are more than welcome to stay if you want to play nice.

-TR

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234