06 wrx tr vs. mazda 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx tr vs. mazda 6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i was just coming home from the library and this mazda 6 with rims, a kit, exhausts, dropped, new paint, ...

06 wrx tr vs. mazda 6

i was just coming home from the library and this mazda 6 with rims, a kit, exhausts, dropped, new paint, and probably some more stuff under the hood stops next to me at a red light and starts revving his engine. Then he reverses and comes back up lined up with me and ask me if I wanted to race and he was also saying something about turbo, i didn't quite catch what he said.
    -Unfortunatly, i didn't race him cause i wasn't sure if it was a 4 or 6 cylinder mazda 6 and my house was less than half a mile away.

how fast can these get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

was it a new maszdaspeed 6 or just a mazda 6?

im pretty sure it wasn't a mazdaspeed 6

I Support ClubWRX
    MSP6 = pretty quick. A bit slower than a stock 2.5 platform (non-sti). Mazda 6 = teh slow
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

you should've raced him...
    '06 wrx wr-blue

If you can drive, you'll beat the MasdaSpeed 6. They have nice interior but they're not a match for an 06 WRX. Get a downpipe and increase your chances, or go all the way to Stage 2 and have no worries about them.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

so even with a lot of mods, the mazda 6's aren't that fast?

2006-2007 MazdaSpeed 6

The MazdaSpeed 6 is ultimate in midsize sedans, featuring a 2.3L turbocharged engine, standard all-wheel-drive, sports suspension and a six-speed manual. Sold as Mazda 6 MPS in Europe.

Base price : $30,000 (estimated) Get a free price quote

Engine : 4 cylinder, turbocharged DOHC, front engine AWD
    Displacement : 2,300 cc
    Valve : 16 valves, 4 valves per cylinder
    Transmission : 6-spd manual
    Fuel economy : city - 18 mpg(estimated)
    highway - 26 mpg(estimated)

Suspension : F - Independent double wishbone
    R - Independent multilink
    Brakes : F - Vented discs
    R - Vented discs

Horsepower : 274 hp @ 5500 rpm
    Torque : 280 lb-ft @ 3000rpm
    Redline : unknown

Top speed : 150 mph
    0-60 mph : 6.2 sec.
    0- mile : 14.7 sec @ 96.5 mph(estimated)
    60-0 braking distance : 121 ft(estimated)
    200 ft skidpad : 0.90 g(estimated)

Curb Weight : 3500 lbs(estimated)
    Overall length : 186.6 in.
    Wheelbase : 105.3 in.
    Overall Width : 70.0 in.
    Height : 56.9 in.

Press Reviews and Road Tests

Competitors :
    Nissan Altima 3.5 SE
    Acura TL
    Subaru Legacy 2.5 GT
    ---------------------------------------------------------

thats off the "modern racers.com" website... idk about u guys, but im just about at stage 2 and i've whomped on a TL before..... top speed of 150 isnt bad, all i kno is i've def been past 140 in my wrx.. too bad the speedometer only hits that.. my rpms's were still climbing tho.....

my friends got the regular mazda 6 and its the slowest car i've ever driven...
    holla atchya boy!

Yeah they get those numbers on the best day. I heard they have a horrible heatsoak problem and loose severe power after a few minutes of driving. Plus they are overrated as many of the owners aren't putting down 1/4th times or dyno numbers that support the factory claims of hp. Anyone remember the rx8's 285hp??
    stupidman has spoken

Couple of folks have gotten 13.7s stock from them at the strip. Can launch okay, sub 1.8 60 foot times.

I have a stock mazda 6s (v6)

220hp, decent acceleration, 120mph programmed limit

ive raced a gti vr6 and kept up until about he hit 3rd or 4th
    ive beaten vtec preludes

as far as wrx, i thnk ud have the advantage on acceleration, it can be a little hesitant in the 6 at times

Quote Originally Posted by ODiz413
    0- mile : 14.7 sec @ 96.5 mph(estimated)
    60-0 braking distance : 121 ft(estimated)
    200 ft skidpad : 0.90 g(estimated)
    That 1/4mile time can only be attained if you are an ass-backwards retard that has never driven stick in your life. That is like saying the wrx runs 15.0 @ 91mph

Go check out some of the strip times by owners and you will find MANY in the 13sec range, and a majority in the lower 14sec range with trap speeds nearing 100mph.

This car is good competition for a stock 06' wrx and traps higher as well.

As for the standard mazda6 it is nothing special and nothing to be worried about if you have a MT wrx. Even modded with bolt on's they have trouble getting into the 14's.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I would believe that if everything were ideal for the car. The claimed power would definitely get it into the high 13's and potentially mid's with a good driver. Still, no match for the 06 wrx that are hitting mid to upper 13's consistently and trapping over 100. "Some" of us get low 14's, the majority get 13's. "Some" of them get upper 13's and the majority mid-upper 14's. Plus run after run the 06 puts down, but the MS6 seems to outpace itself after a run or two.

For every 1 ms6 that can pull an 06 wrx there are 5 that can't. And that is mazda's turbo performance history for as long as I can remember. Some FD's ran 13.0 some ran 14.0 from the factory. The only consistent performing cars that they make are n/a miata's. Mazda and Boost don't mix well. Just trust me on that one.
    stupidman has spoken

[QUOTE=DTR rex]

This car is good competition for a stock 06' wrx and traps higher as well.
    QUOTE]

I swear DTR, the more I read your posts, the more I wonder if you have been around an 06 wrx or read anything about them. Or maybe you are pissed that the 06ers have a more potent drivetrain than previous years.

I have seen the MS6 trap around 94-95 mph on a good run. The 06 wrx will do that with a monkey at the wheel. I have heard claims on nazicock of 101 trap speeds from bone stock 06. And 97-98 is a easily attainable trap for an 06. Again I will mention the 13.6 post at 100 that only a couple of weeks ago. And Chiketkd ran 13.7 at 98.xx. The proof is in the puddin...puddin
    Last edited by StupidMan; 05-08-2006 at 10:29 PM.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan

I swear DTR, the more I read your posts, the more I wonder if you have been around an 06 wrx or read anything about them. Or maybe you are pissed that the 06ers have a more potent drivetrain than previous years.

I have seen the MS6 trap around 94-95 mph on a good run. The 06 wrx will do that with a monkey at the wheel. I have heard claims on nazicock of 101 trap speeds from bone stock 06. And 97-98 is a easily attainable trap for an 06. Again I will mention the 13.6 post at 100 that only a couple of weeks ago. And Chiketkd ran 13.7 at 98.xx. The proof is in the puddin...puddin
    Please do not make assumption on that of which you are unaware of.

A good friend of mine owns an 06' and we went car hunting, he did not know how to drive stick... Therefore it was ME that had to drive about 4 different 2006 wrx's for him.... not to mention that outside of the test drives I have driven his car several times.

The 2006 wrx *has* trapped 100/101 mph, but the reality is that most are not getting those speeds. 97/98mph sounds considerably more accurate which is right on par with the MS6 and just like the 06' wrx's there are MS6's posting speeds of 100mph in stock form.

The 2006 wrx is a very capable car with a considerable improvement over the previous years, but it is not a superman wrx and I am getting real sick of you 06' owning newbies thinking that every 06 and its mom is capable of 13.7's @ 100mph because a few people have done it.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.