06 wrx tr vs. mazda 6 - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 06 wrx tr vs. mazda 6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; damn neons (j/k)...

I Support ClubWRX
    damn neons (j/k)
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no using the lords name in vein please^
    stupidman has spoken

Banned
    Who cares about the 1/4 ...off a roll the MS6 will eat the WRX....on the highway going about 70, the MS6 will pull on a wrx and there is no way you can cath up to it. The WRX is fast from the line THATS it. Normal driving and trying to get on the gas the thing will not go anywhere..too much turbo lag. I have driven them and seen this. even going in 3rd gear at 30mph and giving gas the car does NOT move. So forget your 1.4 mile times because on the road the MS6 wins thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by MazdaSpeed06 View Post
    Who cares about the 1/4 ...off a roll the MS6 will eat the WRX....on the highway going about 70, the MS6 will pull on a wrx and there is no way you can cath up to it. The WRX is fast from the line THATS it. Normal driving and trying to get on the gas the thing will not go anywhere..too much turbo lag. I have driven them and seen this. even going in 3rd gear at 30mph and giving gas the car does NOT move. So forget your 1.4 mile times because on the road the MS6 wins thats it.
    Bring it... no wait... I'll take the word of someone who joined yesterday over my personal experience. Please don't hurt me... the WRX might have a small stock turbo but the MS6 makes the WRX's turbo look beautiful... please bring a MS6 up here and show me whats up because so far they all = easy dinner for my 06

Also, once you lose the first one don't try to race again, I'd hate to see the loss of power caused by your immense amount of heat soak. Quite embarrassing I'd imagine.

As far as the 1/4 mile goes.. put your money where your mouth is and it'll be a 1/4 mile race. Even if you win from a roll a WRX could still take your cash.

EJ25 ftw
    Last edited by ShardAerithes; 12-01-2006 at 10:21 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Why do you feel the need to justify your car purchase? You're a sad, extremely insecure person.
    2006 WRX TR

I Support ClubWRX
    I smell a troll.....

..I have driven them and seen this. even going in 3rd gear at 30mph and giving gas the car does NOT move...
    Then you have driven them poorly. What the hell are you doing in 3rd gear at 30 mph? Heck, even an *auto* should downshift when you stomp on it...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes View Post
    As far as the 1/4 mile goes.. put your money where your mouth is and it'll be a 1/4 mile race. Even if you win from a roll a WRX could still take your cash.

EJ25 ftw
    Dude, you don't even know! It is a 1.4 race, not a 1/4 race!
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33 View Post
    Dude, you don't even know! It is a 1.4 race, not a 1/4 race!
    OH NOES!!!!1 I missspokes, I would get t3h smok3d! I could never win a 1.4 race!!!

He wuz rite, teh MazdaPeed 6 is t3h fastar compared to meh WRX, speshully th 1.4!!!!!

1.4 4evar

-ShardAerithes
    MasDuhpeed 6 mafia member #3

"I live my life t3h 1.4 at a time."
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

You also keep complaining about lag on the WRX.

Well first of all, the WRX should be in second gear at 30mph, not third.

Also, do you think this car has turbo lag?

Yeah, I bet it does. But I bet it will also destroy the MS6 in every way...

The MazdaSpeed 6 has very little turbo lag because IT HAS A TINY TURBO. They made it that way because they were going for throttle response.

MazdaSpeed6: You're an idiot.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

i have test driven an MS6, and a friend of mine bought one

nice car, but it feels like you are driving a tank. stock it is faster than a stock 2.0l wrx, never been in a 2.5 wrx but im positive they are a good bit quicker than the 2.0l wrx stock for stock

my car is a modded 2004 wrx, 2.0l engine, thats down on compression btw. a few months ago when i still had the stock turbo my car would crap all over a ms6 in any race. the only downpipe i have seen for the ms6 is $600. with that much money you can pick up a full ebay turboback and a used access port, or hell, use openecu(practically free) to tune the WRX(2.0 and 2.5 models) and it will hand the ms6 its ass on a silver platter

btw, my friend ran his ms6 at LACR(yes, its a slow and ****ty track) with a 1.9 60ft he ran a 14.8 at 93-94mph(i think, not sure, just know the 60ft and ET for sure)

the intercooler is in a crappy place and has very limited air flow at low speeds

so to sum it up, nice car, but it doesnt impress me. the turbo is small, the compression ratio is high, and with that direct injection, i dont believe upgrading the fuel system will ever be a simple affair. BFD if it outspools a stock WRX, lag is a joke. i want my TURBOCHARGED, 4 CYLINDER car to had ass loads of torque at 2krpm, BLAH. the only way you can have a turbo 4cylinder engine to have a lot of torque at 2krpm is to put a undersized turbo on the car(tdo4 on the srt4 and 2.5wrx, ko3 on most audi and vw 1.8/2.0t's k04 on ms6) that why the evo's are such awesome performers. big ass turbo from the factory, they lag compaired to a ms6/wrx/sti/srt4 but stock for stock an evo9 is faster than all of those cars and stil, driveability is great

my motto is if you want to accelerate, downshift. 30mph pull in 3rd gear on a wrx is rediculous, from what i remember when i had my 5spd it would go over 60mph in 2nd, over 90 in 3rd.

btw, best time my car ran at LACR with the stock turbo and 5spd was 13.8, and that was with a hole in one of the intercooler pipes.

i went there recently with 6spd and vf39 turbo, i ran a 13.2, and it was burning out all through 1st gear pulling ****ty 1.9 60ft's when i have the power to pull 1.6's. i just bought new tires, when i get the chance i will run the car again and see if i can break into the 12's
    Anthony

WOW you can pull on a wrx on the highway? That's straight flyin yo.

Welcome to turdville, population you.

I Support ClubWRX
    From another thread:

Are there any deals and what can I expect to buy one out the door for if they have any left on the lot?

I want to trade in my Mazdaspeed 6 which i had for a month.

I think they will screw me on the trade in and then wont budge on the price. I somehow want to finance about 18,000 for 72 months at no more then 7.9%

anyone know if this is possible?
    Just thought you would all enjoy knowing that he will be trading in the almighty MS6 on the laggy WRX.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07 View Post
    From another thread:

Just thought you would all enjoy knowing that he will be trading in the almighty MS6 on the laggy WRX.
    Sweet Jesus...Another case of someone who shouldn't be buying the car if he has to finance it for 6 years...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345