06 wrx tr vs. mazda 6 - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx tr vs. mazda 6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dtoxwrx How is a ms6 no match for an 06 wrx? 274>230=tehgay Even at stage II, you'd ...

Quote Originally Posted by dtoxwrx
    How is a ms6 no match for an 06 wrx?

274>230=tehgay

Even at stage II, you'd barely be hitting the base 6 numbers. If anything, it would be a drivers race.....tune a mazdaspeed6 and who knows!

I own an stageII 04jvb wagon but am not dissillusioned by what our cars can and cant do.

Its ok if we dont own the fastest/coolest/nicest/most luxoriest car on the road. Right?
    Are you a tard?

You need to read up on the 06 wrx. They are underrated from the factory and are actually more like 250-260hp. Read all previous posts and you will see that the cars are very well matched when both are running well with a good driver. All of the numbers above are confirmed.
    In stage 2 form an 06 wrx is 285-295hp and like 380lbs ft of torque and they will demolish a stock ms6, the ms6 would have to start modding to keep up.
    stupidman has spoken

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

274>230=tehgay

Even at stage II, you'd barely be hitting the base 6 numbers. If anything, it would be a drivers race.....tune a mazdaspeed6 and who knows!

I own an stageII 04jvb wagon but am not dissillusioned by what our cars can and cant do.

Its ok if we dont own the fastest/coolest/nicest/most luxoriest car on the road. Right?
    274 when it's not heatsoaked (which it does quickly), a FWD based AWD system, 06 WRX has more than factory rated HP, weighs less than MS6, has a bigger turbo (but MS6 has less lag although that makes almost no difference if you can drive the WRX right...they made it high compression/low boost for good throttle response)

In ideal conditions both cars are pretty even. On the street, the 06 WRX gets the advantage. So like I said... If you can drive you shouldn't be losing to MS6's.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Are you a tard?

You need to read up on the 06 wrx. They are underrated from the factory and are actually more like 250-260hp. Read all previous posts and you will see that the cars are very well matched when both are running well with a good driver. All of the numbers above are confirmed.
    In stage 2 form an 06 wrx is 285-295hp and like 380lbs ft of torque and they will demolish a stock ms6, the ms6 would have to start modding to keep up.
    Lets knock off the namecalling ok? Afterall, I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone asked you were a tard for reporting 380 ft/lbs of tq. on a stage 2 WRX. This is waaaaaay off. More like hovering around the 300 range.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    Lets knock off the namecalling ok? Afterall, I'm sure you wouldn't like it if someone asked you were a tard for reporting 380 ft/lbs of tq. on a stage 2 WRX. This is waaaaaay off. More like hovering around the 300 range.

Actually I am a Tard, that was supposed to be 340. Not to mention I was only messing around.
    stupidman has spoken

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry...it's monday and I'm cranky
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

err...

Are you a tard?

So there are proven dyno numbers showing a stock 06 wrx putting down 250-260? I would like to see that. The 06 should be faster than other years. It has a bigger engine. Its not rocker science.
    I think with all the new sae hp rating adjustments, without proven dyno sheets, its easy for people to repeat what they "read" on some forum.

No need to get fiesty, just enjoy your car and dont worry about who's got what. You bought a subaru for a reason. We all did.

It will be interesting to see what everyone says about the new speed3 when it comes out this fall. Same engine as the six.

I Support ClubWRX
    So there are proven dyno numbers showing a stock 06 wrx putting down 250-260? I would like to see that. The 06 should be faster than other years. It has a bigger engine. Its not rocker science.
    I think with all the new sae hp rating adjustments, without proven dyno sheets, its easy for people to repeat what they "read" on some forum.

No need to get fiesty, just enjoy your car and dont worry about who's got what. You bought a subaru for a reason. We all did.

It will be interesting to see what everyone says about the new speed3 when it comes out this fall. Same engine as the six.
    I still can't believe they are putting that much HP in a FWD small car platform. Thing will be fast, no question. I hope they address the heatsoak by then.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

mazda speed 3

I still can't believe they are putting that much HP in a FWD small car platform. Thing will be fast, no question. I hope they address the heatsoak by then.
    Hopefully they will have it figured out. I was hoping it would be awd before the stats came out. Its good to see other brands bring a hot hatch to the market. The srt4 caliber will be out this fall as well. Talk about bang for the buck. The 4door gti might be worth looking at as well.

I Support ClubWRX
    tbh...it would take a LOT to get me to look at a VW. Now...if they bring back the schirroco (sp??) and it performs, I would consider it. Right now though...audi/VW to me are synonymous with overpricing.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

tbh...it would take a LOT to get me to look at a VW. Now...if they bring back the schirroco (sp??) and it performs, I would consider it. Right now though...audi/VW to me are synonymous with overpricing.

vw did show a prototype scirrico or whatever based of the hatch back gti. looks kinda neat. but will prolly be over priced and way to heavy. also scott i was retelling the stories of old, racing stock srt vs ur sti and no one 1. believed you went 12s stock nor that i was a fender back. some peoples just never learn or choose to anyway.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

274>230=tehgay
    It is called weight.
    While the MS6 makes more power, it also weighs a good 400lbs more.

So there are proven dyno numbers showing a stock 06 wrx putting down 250-260? I would like to see that
    They have been dyno'ing at ~ 190-200whp stock. With AWD drivetrain loss that puts their CHP right in the area of 245-250hp. Remeber, the new wrx's were rated 227chp and only made 175whp. The new 06's are only rated 3chp more, and yet make a good 15-20whp more.

As for the Mazdaspeed3 I think that is going to be one hell of a fun car! Sure the FWD will blow, but they are supposed to be running an Limited-slip and my guess is that after a year or two in production they will offer it with the same AWD platform as the MS6
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    vw did show a prototype scirrico or whatever based of the hatch back gti. looks kinda neat. but will prolly be over priced and way to heavy. also scott i was retelling the stories of old, racing stock srt vs ur sti and no one 1. believed you went 12s stock nor that i was a fender back. some peoples just never learn or choose to anyway.
    hehe....a lot of folks don't believe that stuff. no matter. Brad...did you get to run last friday and did you get into the 10s?
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

hehe....a lot of folks don't believe that stuff. no matter. Brad...did you get to run last friday and did you get into the 10s?

no got rained out. car is going in prolly next week for a good tune (at exotic) and a lil giggle gas. should be enough for high 10s @130+
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    no got rained out. car is going in prolly next week for a good tune (at exotic) and a lil giggle gas. should be enough for high 10s @130+
    Come on, admit it, you ran 11.2 didn't you....DIDN'T YOU!!!!!
    j/k that would be supreme if you hit 10's you could probably pop a wheelie in reverse
    stupidman has spoken

Come on, admit it, you ran 11.2 didn't you....DIDN'T YOU!!!!!
    j/k that would be supreme if you hit 10's you could probably pop a wheelie in reverse

hey id be happy with a 11.2 either way. right now there are only 2 other cars in the 10s so i hope i can get out there and be number 3.
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.