06 wrx tr vs. mazda 6 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 wrx tr vs. mazda 6 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DTR rex The 2006 wrx is a very capable car with a considerable improvement over the previous ...

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    The 2006 wrx is a very capable car with a considerable improvement over the previous years, but it is not a superman wrx and I am getting real sick of you 06' owning newbies thinking that every 06 and its mom is capable of 13.7's @ 100mph because a few people have done it.
    well it IS capable, because its been done.

its just not likely.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Some people are better at driving than others so obviously not every 06 is going to be in the 13's @ 100.

It's definitely possible though and has been proven on more than one occasion.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

I Support ClubWRX
    This reminds me of the arguments about the stock capabilities of the 04 STi when it came out. Meaning, the number of 06 WRX drivers that will be capable of posting a 13.7 or 100 mph trap speed will likey number less than a dozen across the country. I remember some folks called me an outright lier for posting a 12.9 stock time with the STi...even with slips for proof.

I've drivent the MS6. It does have extreme heatsoak issues. One good run is all you'll get. It is definitely capable of a 13.7, especially if they were to take off those heavy wheels they come with. I'll stick to the Legacy though. The MS6 just doesn't compare IMHO.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    remember some folks called me an outright lier for posting a 12.9 stock time with the STi...even with slips for proof.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex

See......here they come again
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

i had a saleman from the mazda dealership in an MS6 try to get me to race the other day against my WRX (stage 2). I was hungry and just wanted to eat so I didnt bother. I figured i would be able to win that one, especially since there is no way he can be a great driver on a car he hasnt been in every day to get the 'seat time'.

so i wouldnt have had any problems had i had chosen differently?
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Please do not make assumption on that of which you are unaware of.
    A good friend of mine owns an 06' and we went car hunting, he did not know how to drive stick... Therefore it was ME that had to drive about 4 different 2006 wrx's for him.... not to mention that outside of the test drives I have driven his car several times.

I don't really care if you have driven a dozen of them. You obviously don't appreciate the potential and you act like EVERY competitive car is leaps and bounds above the 06 wrx. Im just saying the 06 is very potent and shouldn't be underestimated.

The 2006 wrx *has* trapped 100/101 mph, but the reality is that most are not getting those speeds. 97/98mph sounds considerably more accurate which is right on par with the MS6 and just like the 06' wrx's there are MS6's posting speeds of 100mph in stock form.
    I was speaking more of consistency in this aspect. yes there are some ms6 that can get 1/4th times and trap speeds similar to the wrx. But even with the same driver, the runs are inconsistent with most owners saying "why did I run a 14.0 yesterday, and I couldn't get out of the 15's today"

The 2006 wrx is a very capable car with a considerable improvement over the previous years, but it is not a superman wrx and I am getting real sick of you 06' owning newbies thinking that every 06 and its mom is capable of 13.7's @ 100mph because a few people have done it.

First, you contradict yourself here, because before you acted as if the MS6 is trapping consistently higher than the 06 wrx which is NOT TRUE.

Almost Every 06 IS capable of 13.xx, and here is where the consistency and quality build also plays a factor. NOT only is an individual 06 wrx consistent, but as a whole the car is very consistent. Meaning I could hop into a choda boy's 06 and crank off the same 1/4th times I have been cranking off in my own. The MS6 IS NOT LIKE THAT and if you try to argue with that, then maybe you need to go test drive 4 or 5 of those. Or just read some of their forums....some of the better drivers are getting cars that can't break out of the 15's and they hop in thier buddies and run a 14. Trust me, I looked into buying one for about a half a second.

So in conclusion, you can find a quick ms6 if you look hard enough, one that could compete with an 06. But 9 out of 10 times , the 06 will be faster.

You know this reminds me of back in the day when I got my 97 supra, and the pre 96ers didn't believe the new ones were more powerful. A quick trip by several 97/98 to dyno day and we were laying down the claimed crank hp of 330 at the wheels, compared to the early models sub 300s.

Peace
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    i had a saleman from the mazda dealership in an MS6 try to get me to race the other day against my WRX (stage 2). I was hungry and just wanted to eat so I didnt bother. I figured i would be able to win that one, especially since there is no way he can be a great driver on a car he hasnt been in every day to get the 'seat time'.

so i wouldnt have had any problems had i had chosen differently?
    Unless it was the magic one DTR see's around. You would have taken a dump on him from a dig, and pulled him hard from a roll. It would be no comp for a stage 2 2.0 or 2.5.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Unless it was the magic one DTR see's around. You would have taken a dump on him from a dig, and pulled him hard from a roll. It would be no comp for a stage 2 2.0 or 2.5.
    i am a stage 2 with the 2.0 engine (2003 WRX)
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonSubaru
    i am a stage 2 with the 2.0 engine (2003 WRX)
    Yeah, you win. And even if you come across one that is running perfect you would still pull him well into the triple digits. And again it would be no comp from a dig.
    stupidman has spoken

I own an '06 WRX, and I've gone 13.74@98.25mph w/ a 1.94 60ft. I've kept a record of stock times by '06 owners on this board, i-club and Nasioc. There have been 1-2 owners who've claimed to have trapped 100mph bone stock in the 1/4 but never posted a timeslip as proof. A fully broken in '06 WRX (5K+ miles on the odometer) is definitely capable of trapping between 97-99mph with a decent driver behind the wheel (my highest trap has been a 98.5mph).

Fastest stock 'confirmed' '06 WRX times I've seen have been:

13.74@98.25 (Chiketkd) WRX TR
    13.85@95.62 (MattDSTi) WRX wagon
    13.89@99.8 (CynicX) WRX TR

There have also been a bunch of owners who've gone 14.0-14.2 with traps in the 95-97mph range.

Note: A few people have claimed that last Fall they *saw* stock '06 WRXs go 13.4-13.6@99-100mph, but no timeslip or vid has ever been posted to verify these claims.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

I believe it is happening, but the 06 has only been around for a little while, most of the time being winter months. We will see some timeslips this summer. I just know that with all of these 06's hitting 97-98 so easily most with 2-4k on the clock, and a not quite used to launching it yet driver, we will be seeing lots of 100+mph traps out of the 06. I mean hell almost every 06 wrx (non wagon) timeslip I see is 97+ even with 14's e.t.
    Last edited by StupidMan; 05-09-2006 at 09:33 AM.
    stupidman has spoken

I Support ClubWRX
    hmmm...I don't know about that. I think a 100 mph trap speed on a stock 06 WRX will be very, very rare, if it is ever achieved. The numbers just aren't there, especially when you take into account the gear raitios involved.

If someone runs it with some slightly taller tires, then it will be more easily achievable. However, the ET will then suffer.

Also, the impact of the track needs to be taken into account. Some tracks are much quicker than others. I know for a fact that I can run consistently slower or faster times depending on the track I am at.

Lastly, if MPH is the desired target, simply deep stage. That will put it over the 100 MPH goal.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!

with confirmed 99.8 there will definitely be a few owners who get 100+ and some claim to already have and just haven't proved it to the rest of us. Like I said, it won't be a typical result, but certainly not impossible. And I know most 06's have it in them given proper conditions and driver. Take the spare tire and jack out, get a jockey to drive it like he stole it, and I bet we will se some 101-102 traps.
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    with confirmed 99.8 there will definitely be a few owners who get 100+ and some claim to already have and just haven't proved it to the rest of us. Like I said, it won't be a typical result, but certainly not impossible. And I know most 06's have it in them given proper conditions and driver. Take the spare tire and jack out, get a jockey to drive it like he stole it, and I bet we will se some 101-102 traps.
    That 99.8mph trap was done in close to ideal conditions - cool 50deg temps, close to 0% humidity and close to sea level. I also think he removed his spare tire and his gas tank was close to empty. FWIW, he's never repeated that trap. Most are in the 98mph range.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.