Chevy Silverado Duramax turbo Disel VS STi - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Chevy Silverado Duramax turbo Disel VS STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; if your STI isnt modded, be careful. I have a buddy with a new one with mods and it will ...

if your STI isnt modded, be careful.

I have a buddy with a new one with mods and it will do 0-60 in about 5 seconds. They also make a twin turbo kit for them that makes unbelievable power. Granted they weigh somewhere near 8000 lbs, but they can be fast if modded. if it is stock, i wouldnt worry about it, but if they put a box on it and a few other things, it makes a world of difference in some of those trucks.

I will call him to see what he runs in the 8th or quarter mile.

you could always do a 0-100-0 run. it may be easy for him to hit 100, but 8000lbs doesnt stop very quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabe
    Propane injection is like NitrousOxide. It is for people that don't know how to make real horsepower, the right way.

Propane and NirousOxide are used together on many performance diesels. nitrousoxide=more air : propane=more fuel. Didn't anyone watch that "Trucks" episode on Spike last year? very cool stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    No offense, but I still don't see it. A stock 6.0 does 0-60 in a hair over 9 seconds. Install a couple upgrades, and that figure drops a good 2 seconds if not more. A stock 6.0 puts out 325hp, and 570ft lbs tq. After an exhaust and a controller, that figure ups to and easy 425hp, and 750ft lbs tq.
    weight
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent77
    weight
    What is the weight difference between the two engines?

those duramax arnt anything to mess around with after the person sticks about 4k into the engine. But stock you will win. I swear on my cobra there was one at the local strip that ran a 10.5 after he built it up a bit he had propain injection then nitrous then he had the biggest turbo that banks made at the time and he had a level 6 banks six gun engine management. that truck was rediculous i thought it would run liek a 13 or so built liek that. I almost shat in my pants when i seen that thing go down the track in a giant ploom of black smoke.
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

Depends on the chip and and if by chip he means supporting mods with the chip.

I've got a friend with a turbo diesel F250 that puts car legnths on bolt-on C5 Z06's.
    04 Silver STi M6

TTS' duramax moves out http://www.ttspowersystems.com/ in the 12's with not many power mods.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWRX
    Propane and NirousOxide are used together on many performance diesels. nitrousoxide=more air : propane=more fuel. Didn't anyone watch that "Trucks" episode on Spike last year? very cool stuff.

That was a good show, unfortunately I cannot remember one thing about it since I see a big fat azz everywhere I look. Very nice.

Prv

On a side note...

Cummins?
    Duramax?:
    Powerstroke?

Subtle, those automakers. They'll shed all pretense with their next big diesel, simply calling it "throbbing cockmaster"

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_n_efx
    On a side note...

Cummins?
    Duramax?:
    Powerstroke?

Subtle, those automakers. They'll shed all pretense with their next big diesel, simply calling it "throbbing cockmaster"
    "Yeah she's got a throbbing cockmaster under her hood." just doesn't sound as manly as you would think.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Diesels can make big power. Remember, horspower doesn't mean much, it's all about the torque. And diesels lay the smack down when it comes to torque.

BUT.. any of the big diesel trucks are going to need quite a few mods to even think about keeping up with an STi. With the exception of just a few hardcore truck 'racers', for the most part these guys think getting into the 13's is FAST. On the diesel performance forums, you see "What do I need to get into the 13's?" threads all day long.

If you see a late model truck pouring black smoke, then it's got a box or ECU tune on it. A little black smokee can be had stock, but this is something the diesel guys also laugh and brag about. Note: If you ever do decide to race a diesel, make sure your windows are up, there's nothing that turns some of these guys on like filling your 'rice burner' with thick black smoke.

Don't underestimate a diesel, at 50 pounds of boost they can definately surprise you.... but it sounds like the guy in the Duramax is underestimating the STi, it's not just another 'rice burner'

the guy at work is running at about 45lbs of boost, among about $30k in other mods, including transmission. nearing 1000 ft lbs at last dyno. It is a duramax 3500 dually.

most of them wouldnt be able to handle an STI, but every once in awhile you might run up on one that has had a lot of work done that could get an sti, but odds are they are faster than the local civic guys and think the STI is that caliber as well and just dont know better.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_n_efx
    On a side note...

Cummins?
    Duramax?:
    Powerstroke?

04 Silver STi M6

Still looking, but this should tide you over.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails besta13.thumb.jpg  
    mmmmmmmmmm, turbo!
    Cobb Stage 2

I believe I have seen every picture ever taken of Keyra

Man, it is like a drug, must have more.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.