STG2 WRX vs STG2 SRT vs Teg-R
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STG2 WRX vs STG2 SRT vs Teg-R within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; The other night I was out and about.I got to run 2 cars that night. WRX vs SRT-4: From about ...

STG2 WRX vs STG2 SRT vs Teg-R

The other night I was out and about.I got to run 2 cars that night.

WRX vs SRT-4:
    From about a 35mph roll we were dead even but only got to run to about 60 or so.
    We caught a light together and ran from a stop. This wasn't pretty at all. I put like 4 to 5 cars on him but in his defence the launch was on a pumpy patch of road. And as if traction wasn't enough of an issue for him he had to deal with that.

We pulled over and talked I found out he was stg2 with toys (finally found out WTF toys are.. hehe). Nice guy and nice car.

WRX vs Teg-R
    Next I see a set of HID behind me and had no clue what kind of car is was. He got up along side of me from about 35mph I pulled about 2 cars on him. The only mods I could tell was an exhaust. We rolled down the windows and chatted for a second but I didn't get to find out his mods. hot looking car. Black on black with tinted windows. I'm not much of a Honda guy so until he drove off I still didn't know what kind of car I was running.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
    I put like 4 to 5 cars on him but in his defence the launch was on a pumpy patch of road.
    Nice kills. Question, what's a 'pumpy' patch of road?!
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

Wife had a Type-R. I am not a Honda or Acura fan, but that car was real nice. It handled well and it had some get up and go.
    2006 WRX TR, Black
    2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee, SRT 8, Black
    2006 Corvette, Black
    1987 Buick Grand National Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Chiketkd
    its the kind of roads that have dips so deep that they make your tires literally bounce into the air. thus causing the loss of traction
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

what, on SRTs, are "toys"? my gf has some, but they dont make my car any faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiketkd
    My bad.. I meant bumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    what, on SRTs, are "toys"? my gf has some, but they dont make my car any faster.
    Toys on the SRT-4 is a dial that lets them raise the boost from inside the car and a button for a 110oct map.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Toys on the SRT-4 is a dial that lets them raise the boost from inside the car and a button for a 110oct map.
    Isn't it a button labeled "To blow engine, PUSH"
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    Isn't it a button labeled "To blow engine, PUSH"
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

So its basically an EBC? i guess theyre too cool for normal english and need to make up new words. Theyre too good for things like "boost controller", "map switch" or "looks like a neon".

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    Theyre too good for things like "boost controller", "map switch" or "looks like a neon".
    05 White WRX
    Blobeye Syndicate #7

also on top of a 3 position boost controller switch and a high octane mod button you also get an ic sparyer button with an auto or push to spray mode. its the hotness.

it is alot easier when talking stage 2 with the srt to say toys as thats what mopar calls them vs spouting out all of that.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    also on top of a 3 position boost controller switch and a high octane mod button you also get an ic sparyer button with an auto or push to spray mode. its the hotness.

it is alot easier when talking stage 2 with the srt to say toys as thats what mopar calls them vs spouting out all of that.
    Ahh thats right I forgot about the IC sprayer. The kid I raced said he was going with a Cryo kit so spray CO2 soon. But do you really need it with a FMIC? I guess every little bit helps but I'd rather spend my money else where.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Ahh thats right I forgot about the IC sprayer. The kid I raced said he was going with a Cryo kit so spray CO2 soon. But do you really need it with a FMIC? I guess every little bit helps but I'd rather spend my money else where.

not really needed, more show then ne thing else. may add 3-5hp
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I had a stage 2 with toys srt4 before my sti. It ran 13.0@109mph in about 110 degree weather. Make no mistake. You can call it a neon all you want. But those cars are bad. I still like them and always will. They are raw and just feel quick even off the showroom. I ran a 13.75@101.32 BONE STOCK. Just lowered tire pressure and wen't at it. I have yet to see a wrx run that stock. Give credit where it's due.
    2005 WRB STI - TBE, CAI, Protune
    1.74 60 foot -8.30 1/8@83.66mph

2002 WRX (Gone)
    1.80 60 foot - 8.15 1/8 mile - 12.61@112.19

Quote Originally Posted by joe_white
    I had a stage 2 with toys srt4 before my sti. It ran 13.0@109mph in about 110 degree weather. Make no mistake. You can call it a neon all you want. But those cars are bad. I still like them and always will. They are raw and just feel quick even off the showroom. I ran a 13.75@101.32 BONE STOCK. Just lowered tire pressure and wen't at it. I have yet to see a wrx run that stock. Give credit where it's due.
    Well I can tell you this kids car isn't a low 13 second car. No way no how. With the jump I got out of the hole and being able to hang from a roll that would make my stg2 WRX mid 12's and that just aint happening. I would say my car is a mid to low 13 second car at best.

I'm thinking about hitting the track tomorrow night so I guess I will see just what my car runs.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.