06 WRX stg 2 vs S4 - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 06 WRX stg 2 vs S4 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; DTRex... What the hell man are you mad!!!! They are the same....

DTRex...
    What the hell man are you mad!!!!

They are the same.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bi turbo and twin turbo are the same thing.

Twin turbo means two turbo's of the same size operating at the same time regardless of configuration (i.e. separate banks such as s4, or combined such as supra and rx7)
    Supra owners often change the sequential setup to a "true twin"setup (search ttc mod on mkiv.com) which makes the turbos spool together. The rx7 has a similar mod but it is more indepth unless you prefer the poor mans method of wiring actuator doors open.

The rx7 and supra have two identical sized turbo's operating in sequential format, (therefore they are not "true twin turbo" setups from the factory). In other words there is a primary turbo and a secondary turbo, and the first turbo (primary) is not smaller than the secondary. The initial exhaust flow is directed to the primary turbo and is slowly fed to the secondary turbo as throttle/rpm dictates, therefore initial lag is reduced. The second turbo operating in the sequential format comes "online" once the exhaust flow has reached a point to support the flow of both turbo's while being able to maintain positive manifold pressure.

Hope that helps
    Last edited by StupidMan; 05-08-2006 at 10:16 AM.
    stupidman has spoken

the s4 uses 2 k03 turbos. they are the same turbos that come stock on the 1.8t's
    technically they are twin turbos since they are both equal
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin's Mom SonicWagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    dunno but i know it was the twin turbo one... He had it completely debadged and I don't know much about Audi's.

twin turbo v6 2.7l. 250hp i think but with a chip close to 300hp

id think they run high 14s stock??

My cousin owns a 2.7T in an A6. Pretty quick, but the A6 is way too heavy. Anyway, with regards to the S4: I like the engine. Nice power delivery.
    2006 WRX TR

My brother has a APR chipper 01 S4. It is crazy fast just with just a chip.

He is on the left i am stage 2 on the right. Even with a crappy bogged launch he had a sweet time...
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #44
    2006 SGM WRX
    Cobb Stage 2
    APS 3" Catted TBE
    H-Tech Springs
    Eibach 10mm Spacers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.