z28 got me!

This is a discussion on z28 got me! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; eh, death story there's this new game i created for the playstation 532 and it's soooooooo realistic that this happened! ...

z28 got me!

eh, death story

there's this new game i created for the playstation 532 and it's soooooooo realistic that this happened!

being that i am relatively new to a manual tranny, i'm not THAT good yet. i don't stall when doing my daily driving, but when i try, i still shift slow!

anyways, so in this game, i was caught off guard by a late 90's? camaro z28.

he blew by me like i was standing still. i was in sixth gear at 45ish. so i downshifted into 3rd and by then he had about 5 cars on me, and then shifted to 4th as i was barely starting to reel him in (at least it looked like i was, his car was slowly geting bigger). THEN! while shifting into 5th, i guess i didn't shift it all the way to the right because next thing i knew, my engine was revving, but i wasn't going any faster!

i instinctively grabbed the stickshift, and noticed i was in neutral! dammit mis-shifted! we were coming to an intersection, and i saw the light turn yellow,, he went through it, so i just slowed down...disspointed - of course i'm probably pushing 100whp since i have a crack in my exhaust (i just found it today...). oh well..next time..

i don't think i'll ever release the game since it's to realistic, and can actually be bad for your health

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There should never be shame in losing to an LS1
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    There should never be shame in losing to an LS1
    +1 The top-end on those cars is insane. You never know what kinda mods that thing could have had under the hood...
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

Quote Originally Posted by chowder
    eh, death story

there's this new game i created for the playstation 532 and it's soooooooo realistic that this happened!

being that i am relatively new to a manual tranny, i'm not THAT good yet. i don't stall when doing my daily driving, but when i try, i still shift slow!

anyways, so in this game, i was caught off guard by a late 90's? camaro z28.

he blew by me like i was standing still. i was in sixth gear at 45ish.
    so i downshifted into 3rd and by then he had about 5 cars on me, and then shifted to 4th as i was barely starting to reel him in (at least it looked like i was, his car was slowly geting bigger). THEN! while shifting into 5th, i guess i didn't shift it all the way to the right because next thing i knew, my engine was revving, but i wasn't going any faster!

i instinctively grabbed the stickshift, and noticed i was in neutral! dammit mis-shifted! we were coming to an intersection, and i saw the light turn yellow,, he went through it, so i just slowed down...disspointed - of course i'm probably pushing 100whp since i have a crack in my exhaust (i just found it today...). oh well..next time..

i don't think i'll ever release the game since it's to realistic, and can actually be bad for your health

... you tried to race a car going 5 over the speed limit ...

eh? what do you mean? i was actually 15 over in the game...

I have a 2000 Z28 94,000 mile automatic. look in sig. the 13.3@106 was before the tubular rear lower control arms and SLP smooth bellows.
    2000 Z28 MTI clear lid, K&N Filter, Larger Blure MAF ends, SLP Smooth bellows, Camaro SS catback with cut out, Tubular rear lower control arms, 13.3@106 and 316 RWHP

hehe, back from the dead?

Quote Originally Posted by tx77015ls1
    I have a 2000 Z28 94,000 mile automatic. look in sig. the 13.3@106 was before the tubular rear lower control arms and SLP smooth bellows.
    Ok, that has relatively little to do with anything.

Kind of like your other post in the other Z28 thread
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Ok, that has relatively little to do with anything.

Kind of like your other post in the other Z28 thread
    he did?? same post?? he must love his camaro

Quote Originally Posted by tx77015ls1
    um, you do know this is a WRX forum, don't you? Camaro's are great and all, I've even had two myself, but if you want to brag about your 13 second one there's tons of forums that will welcome you with open arms...nobody really wants to re-read dead threads because you feel like bragging about a car that is not related to this forum.

/rant
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Hey, anyone want to talk about my mustang?
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN