STi vs. LT1 Trans AM

This is a discussion on STi vs. LT1 Trans AM within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On the way home from the Suby meet tonight I ran into a Trans AM. Since my recent encounter with ...

STi vs. LT1 Trans AM

On the way home from the Suby meet tonight I ran into a Trans AM. Since my recent encounter with an Camaro SS, I have wanted another F-Body to race me. Well, tonight was my night...

Total of 3 races and the outcomes are exactly what I expected...

1st race:
    Again I was caught off guard, I thought he had no intentions of racing until he took off. So, again I started in 4th and sat right at his rear quarter panel.

2nd race:
    This time, I knew he wanted to go, so I down shifted to third. We paced for a bit, then both took off. I instantly picked up a car length and kept gaining until the end of third, when I had about 1.5-2 car lengths, put it into fourth and kept pulling.

3rd race:
    We pulled over after the 2nd race and he told me he had minor bolt ons and a stall converter. We agreed to one more run, to see who would win. Best of 3! Anyway, we were pacing agian with me in 3rd, when the road opened up to a straight away, we both smashed our gas pedals. I pulled hard in third and easily had 2 cars by the end of the gear. I put it into fourth and pulled a bit more, but let off, since to me the race was over.

At the next light we both went our seperate ways and he was very impressed with my car. It's good to me non-ignorant domestic owners from time to time. Same goes for the honduh bois! I hate running into a ignorant car own period, but lately it seems like that is all that is out there.

**Disclaimer** All of this was computer generated. Street Racing is VERY VERY bad and should not be tried at home. Have a nice night!
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

Installing soon... K-Sport Coilovers and Defi Gauges!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's pretty damn impressive, how much power are you supposed to be putting down with the stg 2 map on the STi?
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Cobb claims 350bhp. If you use that and factor out a 20% drivetrain loss, you should ideally net 280whp. Again this is the numbers they claim...
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

nice kill - i have a similar story, but i'll post in a new thread

Nice!!!! To beat a Trans Am from a roll is sweet!!!!
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    Cobb claims 350bhp. If you use that and factor out a 20% drivetrain loss, you should ideally net 280whp. Again this is the numbers they claim...
    Just curious, how would that stack up againts a stage 4 wrx? because ive read similar numbers and wonder how i would do.

^ Honestly, I have no clue... There would be a lot of factors, such as gear, power band, and tons more. The best way to find out is to have a race between a stage 4 WRX and stage 2 STi.
    2006 Subaru WRX STi