STI vs 350Z - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on STI vs 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I appreciate the replies guys. you've been very helpful. I know that most people would agree that the Z is ...

I appreciate the replies guys. you've been very helpful. I know that most people would agree that the Z is prettier, although i dont think so. But i was more concerned about the performance of the cars. I know that the sti is faster on the straight, whether you wanna admit it or not, but i was more concerned about which handles better in the corners. Wouldnt the Z be able to cut corners better? I have heard that the sti over/understeers often, and is more likely to drift. Reason im so interested is because i will soon be buying one or the other. I live in southern california, and wheather is not an issue.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you are going for performance then for sure go for the sti, if you want pimp status then get the z. Haha jk. I think the z is a good looking car and the price is reasonable. Also the z is not all that practical: two seats and like no trunk room. But since you don't even like the way the z looks, then get the sti. It'll be faster, easier to mod, and more practical. The only thing that would convince me to get the z over the sti is the looks and it feels like a sports car with a good cockpit feel imo.

no way. sti will out handle a Z any day. stock for stock. straight up.

Quote Originally Posted by smellati
    I appreciate the replies guys. you've been very helpful. I know that most people would agree that the Z is prettier, although i dont think so. But i was more concerned about the performance of the cars. I know that the sti is faster on the straight, whether you wanna admit it or not, but i was more concerned about which handles better in the corners. Wouldnt the Z be able to cut corners better? I have heard that the sti over/understeers often, and is more likely to drift. Reason im so interested is because i will soon be buying one or the other. I live in southern california, and wheather is not an issue.
    Handling wise from my experience:

Number wise and on a track the STi is (slightly) superior, but I think overall handling "feel" the Z feels a bit better... although you can feel its weight.

But I must bring up again, EVO IV

You seem so concerned with handling, and the Evo outhandles both number wise and on a track, AND feels WAY better than each. Also, let us not forget that while the Evo is superior in handling to both, it also has all the power and speed of the STi. It is basically the very best of all worlds.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

^^ +1

My order of choice would be 1.EVO 2.350Z 3.STi
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Well I love the Z...but I would take the STi over it anyday!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

350z's are slow. Enough said.
    2006 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX
    Works Drop in Filter, TTP Engineering 3" Downpipe, 3" Ultimate Racing Test Pipe, GReddy Evo2 exhaust, Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump, Forge UNOS MBC @ 22-23lbs, Fighters Garage LICP, Custom Dynoflash, S2000 Antenna, Stewart Warner Boost Gauge

the STI hass DCCD which can be set to rear bias and make it feel like a RWD in the twisties, It's has more grip in the corners and can exit out of corners faster than the 350Z. i would think the 350Z would have more straight line performance since it doesn't have the power loss of a AWD drivetrain, esp in high speed runs. After test driving a 350Z it does feel more like a cockpit than a commuter car but it lacks a lot of features that the STi comes standard with. Try test driving both and see what you think...
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

sti might be faster and quicker but theres nothing like driving in a Z which is more reliable and more comfortble and more mature my .02

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnWRX
    sti might be faster and quicker but theres nothing like driving in a Z which is more reliable and more comfortble and more mature my .02
    A Z is more reliable? News to me since from their inception the 350z till 05 their tires had problems with wear and alignment and about half of their transmissions blew up. A member on this board (Weasel) has 82k+ on his STi and its still running strong since day 1.
    I doubt the Z is more reliable. Plus not as many have high miles since half the members on the Z forums garage queen them.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

my brother has the 05 touring 6 speed with injen cai and rsr catback and I love driving that thing until i run out of gas you will love it... I would pick a Z over the STi anyday espcially for its price no disrespect but I rather spend my 33K on a Nissan then a Subaru, Subaru doesn't have no name the only reason people know Subaru or only the STi is because of the rally race's again thats my .02, if you want a subaru a plain WRX is fun to drive you can find an 05 for 20K....

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    A Z is more reliable? News to me since from their inception the 350z till 05 their tires had problems with wear and alignment and about half of their transmissions blew up. A member on this board (Weasel) has 82k+ on his STi and its still running strong since day 1.
    I doubt the Z is more reliable. Plus not as many have high miles since half the members on the Z forums garage queen them.
    The reason why some people garage keep them is because they don't want to put miles on it like any other car......But the 05 model never had a problem that i know of, but i know that WRX's and sti's have a lot of transimition problemsbthats what is keeping me of buying a wrx

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnWRX
    The reason why some people garage keep them is because they don't want to put miles on it like any other car......But the 05 model never had a problem that i know of, but i know that WRX's and sti's have a lot of transimition problemsbthats what is keeping me of buying a wrx
    The reason why you've heard so much about subaru trans. problems is because of the tards who think they can do burn-outs and launches all day long because they have a quick car. The problem isn't with the trans. it's with the drivers.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    The reason why you've heard so much about subaru trans. problems is because of the tards who think they can do burn-outs and launches all day long because they have a quick car. The problem isn't with the trans. it's with the drivers.
    Heard the sti's trans. isn't that bad but the WRX is horrible though, they keep saying when you launch look in ur rear view for ur transmition

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by smellati
    Performance wise, which is better? What is your opinion? I would think the Z handles better no?
    Here is a comparision of the following cars:

Subaru Impreza WRX STi v.8 2.0L, 265 HP
    Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII 2.0L, 265 HP
    BMW M3 SMG 3.2L, 343 HP
    Mazda RX-8 Challenge 1.3L 192 HP
    Nizzan 350Z 3.5L 280 HP

Note the version of STi used; also note the entry and exit speeds at each corner -- very telling!

WRX STi vs. Evo8 vs. M3 SMG vs. RX-8 vs. 350Z
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast