02 wrx vs. new jetta GLI

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs. new jetta GLI within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; theres this brand new jetta that i run into every morning on my way to work.for the past week and ...

02 wrx vs. new jetta GLI

theres this brand new jetta that i run into every morning on my way to work.for the past week and a half this guy has been trying me at stop lights.so this morning i finally had enough..i figured if i raced him he'd leave me alone.so light turned green..i jumped on him and by 3rd gear i was about 4 cars up.maybe now he'll leave me alone

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by griptite
    theres this brand new jetta that i run into every morning on my way to work.for the past week and a half this guy has been trying me at stop lights.so this morning i finally had enough..i figured if i raced him he'd leave me alone.so light turned green..i jumped on him and by 3rd gear i was about 4 cars up.maybe now he'll leave me alone
    good kill. Was it a 6speed or DSG?
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

not sure i wasnt next to him long enough to notice

Good job. Anytime you can put a VW "torque Monster" in his place is good by me! Ugghh VW...
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

I once test drove the '06 GLI. That guy was probably thinking all his (electronic - uh-oh) gadgets make him faster. Frankly the car wasn't fast or nimble.

But to paraphrase David Hasselhof in the first Knight Rider, the interior looked like Darth Vader's bathroom. And I guess that's kind of cool?

not sure i wasnt next to him long enough to notice

Way to unpimp ze auto!...hahahahahaha

every morning, eh?

probably was going to the shop again
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

lol..its funny now every morning he drives by me and doesnt even look my way....maybe he'll go trade it in for a suby

they're kind of heavy.

The new gti's are a little lighter. But with just a chip they're putting down 250hp and 270 ft/lbs tq. Not bad for a 2.0 with $350 worth of mods
    Why do I have to slow down for the WRX? Just because everyone says it's faster doesn't mean I Have to let it win, does it?