SVT Focus Vs 02 WRX (handling) - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on SVT Focus Vs 02 WRX (handling) within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by scoob I'm also blinded by class leading safety, and AWD here here! the WRX is one tough ...

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    I'm also blinded by class leading safety, and AWD
    here here! the WRX is one tough cookie.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    Agreed. I'm always defending the RX8 against the 1/4 milers too. I guess I just like momentum cars. Cars that make time on the track by keeping speed in the corners.

I also hear you on the Miata / 3 combo. 2 great cars.
    The RX8 is a good car, but in the end I still think the S2000 is 1,000X the car the RX8 is. The only advantage the RX8 has is the rear seats and everytime I have gotten back there its more of a hassle getting out of the back seats then its worth.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    The RX8 is a good car, but in the end I still think the S2000 is 1,000X the car the RX8 is. The only advantage the RX8 has is the rear seats and everytime I have gotten back there its more of a hassle getting out of the back seats then its worth.
    the S2K is the more race-worthy one, that's for sure. that's great in magazines where they pick the perfect roads and do instrumented testing at the track. drive both cars back to back over any given mile of NJ's roads and you'll be loving the RX-8 so much more.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Eh, kind of apples and oranges. I love the s2000, but you're comparing a 2 door, 2 seater convertible that weights 2400lbs against a 4ish door, 4ish seater coupe that weights a hair over 3000lbs. With similar power figures.

Different tools for different projects. I think if I had the ability to have a car just for track / weekend work, I'd pick the S2000 in a heartbeat. If I had to have 1 car as a daily driver that I could track and still have fun with, I'd take the RX8... Just my 2 cents.

Around here rx8's suck on the autocross, torqueless as heck. Miata feel stronger on the autocross track.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Around here rx8's suck on the autocross, torqueless as heck. Miata feel stronger on the autocross track.
    They took 1st and 2nd in SCCA nationals in B-stock in 2005...

Miata feel stronger on the autocross track.
    a Miata better at autocross? you're nuts

Around here man....Around here.
    The RX8 looked bad. It seemed like it just didn't have enough time to rev up. The nwor region really lays out some punk ass tracks though. I mean it's like your driving at shopping mall speeds. My rex just falls on it's face with lag on these weak course setups.

Around here man....Around here.
    The RX8 looked bad. It seemed like it just didn't have enough time to rev up. The nwor region really lays out some punk ass tracks though. I mean it's like your driving at shopping mall speeds. My rex just falls on it's face with lag on these weak course setups.
    I hear you. I ran with the Miata club last year and their courses were sooooooo tight. I kept having to downshift into first to stop from falling flat and that slowed me down as much as just waiting for boost to build.

I ran with the BMW club on Sunday. Very fun. Their courses have a little room to run and it was much more enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by Griswold
    I hear you. I ran with the Miata club last year and their courses were sooooooo tight. I kept having to downshift into first to stop from falling flat and that slowed me down as much as just waiting for boost to build.

I ran with the BMW club on Sunday. Very fun. Their courses have a little room to run and it was much more enjoyable.
    I think they do that crap on purose cause they are underpowered to even up the playing field. to me it's just a waste of time and money to bring a powerful car to an autocross unless it's rwd and na. The evos do good though, but with those crazy wacky caster angles turn-in, and steering ratios they should. I hear driving them on the street is rediculously uncontrollable on anything but the smoothest roads. Sneeze and you'll end up in oncoming traffic! The funny thing is the wrx really shines where everything is illegal...In the real world on the street!

I think they do that crap on purose cause they are underpowered to even up the playing field. to me it's just a waste of time and money to bring a powerful car to an autocross unless it's rwd and na. The evos do good though, but with those crazy wacky caster angles turn-in, and steering ratios they should. I hear driving them on the street is rediculously uncontrollable on anything but the smoothest roads. Sneeze and you'll end up in oncoming traffic! The funny thing is the wrx really shines where everything is illegal...In the real world on the street!
    You hit it on the head, I think. The guy who places first or second on those miata tracks everytime is a guy who drives a C5 Z06 vette. The other guy has a turbo'd miata. That thing goes like a bat out of hell!

I've been toying with looking for a first year WRX as a track car....still a little too pricey though.

I think they do that crap on purose cause they are underpowered to even up the playing field.
    lol dude relax, it proves that horsepower isn't everything. now we're going back to what we discussed before.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    lol dude relax, it proves that horsepower isn't everything. now we're going back to what we discussed before.
    Not in a shopping mall parking lot!

On a real track/world/street/mountain road those miatas will get waisted badly. AWD alone would kill'em. It's only on those punka&& tight course that thay have a chance. case and point the one time the track actually got confugurd for any speed the miata were dropping off like flys. I wish they had a set of standard track layouts that were coded alphabetically by SCCA for us so that we could determine if the track is one worth our time based on the car we have before we race . Like post it on the internet. If "Track A" was a tight slow track for little cars I could pass on it. If "C" however was faster with some bends and safely decent velocities I could say cool and try it out with my curernt setup.
    I know they can do it without it getting to fast becaue they have before.
    Oh and how the hell is makign a 120-180 degree turn at 10 mph fun?

The whole time I ever raced on these mini-tracks my car was like "I'm dying man!" straight choking on it's turbo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123