89' CRX vs. STi - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on 89' CRX vs. STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If he's serious about 2k then it isn't stock. He gets to check out your car but you didn't check ...

If he's serious about 2k then it isn't stock. He gets to check out your car but you didn't check his? That's the only way I would do it. You gotta know what he has first. Period.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    Is this a joke? I didnt think we had closed minded people on this forum, but I guess we do. Can you please explain what makes a crx a bad car to modify? A freaking HF weights like 1800 lbs, and with motor swaps has incredible possbilites to be extreamly fast. Just because the majority of crx owners are idiots doesnt make it a bad car to mod.
    I had a 91 CRX Si back in HS and loved it. It's a great car (for a FWD). It was either Motor Trend or C&D that listed the Si weighing in at 2086. I weighed mine in at around 2300 with me and a full tank of gas (no cargo or anything). So tell me, where did the Si get the extra 300 lbs dude?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

My buddy has a 91 CRX Si with exhaust and intake and we have raced for the hell of it several times on the way back from car shows and such and I have a Stage 2 WRX and we would run from 45 mph and I would immediately pull like crazy and my car is an automatic and I wouldnt even be in the proper gear to try and make it even a little closer. The way I see it there are three possible situations here with this guy...1) This guy is truly metally retarded and has no idea what he has gotten himself into , 2) This guy was joking with you to get you to show up for a race and him not show up, or 3) This guy has a swap and is boosted and is gonna eat you for dinner....
    -03 WR Blue WRX - -Cobb Stage 2 w/Uppipe and Intake-

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I had a 91 CRX Si back in HS and loved it. It's a great car (for a FWD). It was either Motor Trend or C&D that listed the Si weighing in at 2086. I weighed mine in at around 2300 with me and a full tank of gas (no cargo or anything). So tell me, where did the Si get the extra 300 lbs dude?

I was under the impression that the HF weighted the least. The car lacks alot of things like good bumper beams, sunroof, powersteering, and was made really light. I drove a HF with a stock LS motor with a t-25 (7 psi) and it was a beast. The owner had some used R-compounds on it and it was freakishly fast, with no wheel spin. I dont think the car I drove was stripped other then the crap it didnt have from the factory.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    I was under the impression that the HF weighted the least. The car lacks alot of things like good bumper beams, sunroof, powersteering, and was made really light. I drove a HF with a stock LS motor with a t-25 (7 psi) and it was a beast. The owner had some used R-compounds on it and it was freakishly fast, with no wheel spin. I dont think the car I drove was stripped other then the crap it didnt have from the factory.
    Oh, I didn't know that the HF had all that stuff removed. And IIRC, the Si didn't have power steering either, just rack and pinion. Yep, the red 91 Si I had didn't have power steering because I remember the wheel was much harder to turn when it was standing still. I guess the bumper beams and sunroof equipment, possibly the engine in the Si weighed more. But on the flipside, the Si had 4 wheel disc brakes, the HF didn't and a disc brake setup weighs less than a drum setup.
    Dammit, now I really want to get my 240z built and go pick on some boosted CRXs!
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    Oh, I didn't know that the HF had all that stuff removed. And IIRC, the Si didn't have power steering either, just rack and pinion. Yep, the red 91 Si I had didn't have power steering because I remember the wheel was much harder to turn when it was standing still. I guess the bumper beams and sunroof equipment, possibly the engine in the Si weighed more. But on the flipside, the Si had 4 wheel disc brakes, the HF didn't and a disc brake setup weighs less than a drum setup.
    Dammit, now I really want to get my 240z built and go pick on some boosted CRXs!
    Yup. The HF was the super economy gas mileage model.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.