WRX vs 350Z
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; What mods would you need in a 05 WRX to beat a 05 350Z w/ an injen cai and rs*r ...

WRX vs 350Z

What mods would you need in a 05 WRX to beat a 05 350Z w/ an injen cai and rs*r catback exhausts (my brothers car)

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

teh fAst4r swap.

06 Protuned Stg2 WRB WRX
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #123

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Cobb stg 2.

The CAI is prob. all you'll need to make it teh faster
    Last edited by Robman7835; 04-24-2006 at 06:03 PM.
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    Cobb stg 2.

+1
    stupidman has spoken

what about the vf34 turbo

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    +1
    +2

It'll be close if your rolling though.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnWRX
    what about the vf34 turbo
    That would make things a lot easier.
    stupidman has spoken

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    +2

It'll be close if your rolling though.
    Yeh. From a roll would be bad.

to beat a 350Z on the highway you would need an upgraded turbo, and you would need a HUGE turbo to beat one decisively.

at the track, a TBE with a reflash should be just enough.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

stage 2 and uppipe
    04 wrx cutom 2 tone leather.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    to beat a 350Z on the highway you would need an upgraded turbo, and you would need a HUGE turbo to beat one decisively.

at the track, a TBE with a reflash should be just enough.
    Stage 2 protuned should be close from a highway roll, if not a win. You will NOT need a huge turbo to beat him decisively, a vf39/34/22, 16g, even a maxed td04l (stocker) would do the trick. All you have to do is get about 250whp and you will be close or pull him. 06's stage 2 OTSM puts down about 230-240 at the wheels. Protune gives another 10-20, and its 350-z-ya later!

EDIT: Plus you could run alky injection with the stock turbo and wipe your ass with just about any 350z. I know you all saw the 12.6 1/4th post.
    Last edited by StupidMan; 04-24-2006 at 10:50 PM.
    stupidman has spoken

I don't know if this would help but.... I raced a CONVERTIBLE 350Z on the highway and was ahead by like 2 cars and slowly pulling away. It was pretty awsome, I thought I would lose but then again, a convertible is heavier than a coupe. We reached, or should I say, I reached about 150 mph (couldn't really tell 'cause the speedometer goes only to 140 as u all know). Let me get to my point.... at the time all I had was TBE, manual boost controller, and..... yeah that's about it. I don't know if lowering it helped aerodynamics. And I'm not counting the bov 'cause that doesn't do much at all. I don't know if this will help. I guess that knowing what year a convertible came out will help though. I know that they came out later on... and I also know that the new 350Z's have more power than the originals (about 300 correct???). So I'm guessing that u won't have a problem at the track, but if you are talking about highway, then aside from what I had u might want an uppipe and piggyback to surely beat him. Oh.... and if you have a short ratio gear set then don't even try because they are VERY good for acceleration... but your top speed drops a lot (not to mention mpg loss due to the high revs cruising on highway). I raced the Z on a stock tranny though.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    Stage 2 protuned should be close from a highway roll, if not a win. You will NOT need a huge turbo to beat him decisively, a vf39/34/22, 16g, even a maxed td04l (stocker) would do the trick. All you have to do is get about 250whp and you will be close or pull him. 06's stage 2 OTSM puts down about 230-240 at the wheels. Protune gives another 10-20, and its 350-z-ya later!

EDIT: Plus you could run alky injection with the stock turbo and wipe your ass with just about any 350z. I know you all saw the 12.6 1/4th post.
    don't 350Z's put down around 250whp? it's a wild guess, but a Stage 2 06 is basically equal and a Stage 2 pre-06 is outpowered. however, Z still has larger displacement and RWD to push it further on the highway. do you agree or disagree?
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    don't 350Z's put down around 250whp? it's a wild guess, but a Stage 2 06 is basically equal and a Stage 2 pre-06 is outpowered. however, Z still has larger displacement and RWD to push it further on the highway. do you agree or disagree?
    Once you start calculating AWHP or RWHP the negative effects of the AWD are already taken into account with the hp numbers. So two cars one being AWD the other RWD with everything else the exact same and both having 250awd and 250rwd hp, would be dead even in a race.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.