WRX vs 350Z - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX vs 350Z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by dehnem the only replacement for displacement is technology Werd. I think the 350z is a nice car, ...

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    the only replacement for displacement is technology
    Werd. I think the 350z is a nice car, but it's slow. At least every one that I've come across was nowhere close to me when we ran it. For reference, I have a 02 bugeye sedan w/ VF22 @ 18psi, TBE, uppipe, header, all fuel mods, ecutek, etc.
    Great spirits will always encounter violent opposition from mediocre minds.
    Gas, grass, or ass. Nobody rides for free.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hybrid-X
    Werd. I think the 350z is a nice car, but it's slow. At least every one that I've come across was nowhere close to me when we ran it. For reference, I have a 02 bugeye sedan w/ VF22 @ 18psi, TBE, uppipe, header, all fuel mods, ecutek, etc.
    So your saying their slow based on the account that youve ran them with an upgraded turbo? Not really much of an argument. Since your heavily modded and probably were running a stock one.

Quote Originally Posted by uncle lewie wrx
    So your saying their slow based on the account that youve ran them with an upgraded turbo? Not really much of an argument. Since your heavily modded and probably were running a stock one.

I think what he is really trying to say is that the technology allowed him to win with out having the displacement

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    to beat a 350Z on the highway you would need an upgraded turbo, and you would need a HUGE turbo to beat one decisively.
    what? lol my buddy has beaten 3 of them so far. at 130mph the 350z started to catchup pretty hard. (all from rolls)

myfriends mods: cobb AP stage 2, uppipe, turboback, sti topmount

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ginzo
    what? lol my buddy has beaten 3 of them so far. at 130mph the 350z started to catchup pretty hard. (all from rolls)

myfriends mods: cobb AP stage 2, uppipe, turboback, sti topmount
    assuming your friend has a pre-'06, he's making 230awhp at the most. a stock 350Z dyno's more than that, and makes just about the same torque.

i also had a Stage 2 WRX, and couldn't imagine wiping the floor with 350Z's all day long.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

I Support ClubWRX
    It has been my experience that, given all the numbers, an stock 350Z should be faster than it is in the real world. Maybe it's the drivers, but I've never ran into one that was a challenge. Most wouldn't even think about it anyway and I suspect this is due to past experiences with getting whooped on by a Subaru.

No question, a stage 2 06 WRX will take one. A stage 2 pre 06 is not a weak puppy by any means. From a launch, it would take the lead and keep it well into triple digits.

From a high roll..say 60 mph, the flat curve of the 350Z and its gearing will come into play. The WRX will take a lead and then be overtaken afterwards...but it will be a slow walk if that.
    tEh PriUs=teH faSTah!@@!
    08 Audi S5 Black Diamond edition
    SOLD: 05 SWP Legacy GT Limited 5MT, 13.3ish@105 (stage 2) crappy stock clutch
    SOLD: 04 MPS/SW WRX Sti. 12.971 @ 103.97 (stock)
    278 AWHP/283 AWT, Catback exhaust
    306 AWHP/341 AWT, Stage 2
    (Scott) Moderator-STi, Drag Racing, Car Purchasing, and Tutorial Forums

Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07
    It has been my experience that, given all the numbers, an stock 350Z should be faster than it is in the real world. Maybe it's the drivers, but I've never ran into one that was a challenge. Most wouldn't even think about it anyway and I suspect this is due to past experiences with getting whooped on by a Subaru.

No question, a stage 2 06 WRX will take one. A stage 2 pre 06 is not a weak puppy by any means. From a launch, it would take the lead and keep it well into triple digits.

From a high roll..say 60 mph, the flat curve of the 350Z and its gearing will come into play. The WRX will take a lead and then be overtaken afterwards...but it will be a slow walk if that.
    yup i agree, when we raced that 350z only at 130 did the 350z start to catch. they might dyno more, but theres more to a cars speed then just numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Ginzo
    yup i agree, when we raced that 350z only at 130 did the 350z start to catch. they might dyno more, but theres more to a cars speed then just numbers...
    Maybe he was sporting an auto tranny.

Quote Originally Posted by matt30
    Maybe he was sporting an auto tranny.
    nope def manual, we talked to the kids afterwards, nice guys. i've driven a 350z they don't feel all that quick. how is it that you can compair a chipped/exhaust audi s4 and a stage 2 wrx but you can't compair a stock 350z and a stage 2 wrx, i've driven all 3 and the s4/wrx is def faster.

Registered User uncle lewie wrx's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YBNormal07

Your also a damn good driver and many others who drive the Z prolly just go for it and dont know when to shift. Not saying your argument is false or anything like that.
    06 Aspen White STi w/ Gold BBS's

My urine comes out faster than a 350z can accelerate.

highlight for special message
    stupidman has spoken

I will bet my money on a 350Z with BPU vs. Stage 2 06 WRX TR.

I've spent enough time at www.my350z.com that I know what the outcome will be. 350Z can trap over 104mph with BPU. I've read too many STi vs. 350Z race stories.

wow, a *lot* of different opinions on here.

I just saw a post somewhere about a 2.0 wrx that traps 107 in the quarter with like a 12.68 run. with no NOS, and the stock td04 turbo. Think he had alk injection, and a mix of pump gas. Maybe the typical wrx couldn't do it, but Im know 104 could be seen in a finely tuned stock turbo wrx with a good driver. And rest assured the wrx will get to that 104 with a quicker e/t.

Peace
    stupidman has spoken

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMan
    I just saw a post somewhere about a 2.0 wrx that traps 107 in the quarter with like a 12.68 run. with no NOS, and the stock td04 turbo. Think he had alk injection, and a mix of pump gas. Maybe the typical wrx couldn't do it, but Im know 104 could be seen in a finely tuned stock turbo wrx with a good driver. And rest assured the wrx will get to that 104 with a quicker e/t.

Peace
    i will agree with you on this statement, because i've seen a few posts on this myself. that being said, we're talking ideal conditions here, and i wouldn't walk around saying you can hit the 12's with a td04. those things start losing their efficiency at around 16.5psi, not enough for 95% of WRX drivers to hit 12's. however like you said it can be done.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast