05 wrx vs. 04 mustang gt
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 05 wrx vs. 04 mustang gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; cruising home last night in my 05 wrx an 04 mustang gt pulled up next to me reved his motor ...

05 wrx vs. 04 mustang gt

cruising home last night in my 05 wrx an 04 mustang gt pulled up next to me reved his motor and took off....caught back up to him, we raced from about 60 to 110 stayed dead even all the way.

my wrx, helix up and down pipe, 3" dump tube, sti intercooler, hks intake, and GFB bov

mustang completley stock (talked to him afterward, he and i were both very surprised at the results of the race)
    05' Crystal Grey Metallic WRX sedan

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good run.

With your mods it sounds about right... Granted, a stock GT should trapping about 3mph higher than you or so, but on the streets that means relatively little and where you enter the powerband accounts for more. Time for some engine management
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

i don't think mustang gts are that fast. i raced one from 0-90 and i beat him by 1 car. I am on a stock 05 wrx. he would probably beat me from a roll though.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    i don't think mustang gts are that fast. i raced one from 0-90 and i beat him by 1 car. I am on a stock 05 wrx. he would probably beat me from a roll though.
    They are very low 14sec @ 99/100mph cars. Nothing special, particularly for a V8 muscle car of today's time. However, with a few mods like long tube headers, full exhaust w/ Xpipe, etc... lower 13's @ 105mph are easily achieved.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Good run.

With your mods it sounds about right... Granted, a stock GT should trapping about 3mph higher than you or so, but on the streets that means relatively little and where you enter the powerband accounts for more. Time for some engine management

yeah i am going in for vf-39 sti pinks and ecutek this friday and then having it dyno tuned!

i love how mustang owners think they are t3h shizznit.... i used to beat baseline mustangs in my civic from a dig...

Quote Originally Posted by W R u b i X c u
    i love how mustang owners think they are t3h shizznit.... i used to beat baseline mustangs in my civic from a dig...
    But you know mustangs are the **** compared to civics rite? even the v-6 automatic ones... (Im not a fan of domestics but civics are terrible).

What is a baseline mustang?

Always with a mustang you are getting a grab-bag... you just never know what will happen when it is opened up. There is such a huge aftermarket for parts and very large knowledge base for modifications. If you don't believe me, just take a look at your local magazine rack.
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Oh man that V6 Mustang Vs. Civic race must have been all the rage to talk about at recess the next day.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

haha... nice... i am debating which car to get in my next vehicle purchase... either a mustang GT(or mabye cobra)... or a wrx... i'm leaning toward the wrx... even though it's more expensive... I have a friend with a 98 stang GT and it definately impressed my when i first saw him run... i didn't expect it to be as fast as it was... it wasn't even bad off the launch.

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640
    haha... nice... i am debating which car to get in my next vehicle purchase... either a mustang GT(or mabye cobra)... or a wrx... i'm leaning toward the wrx... even though it's more expensive... I have a friend with a 98 stang GT and it definately impressed my when i first saw him run... i didn't expect it to be as fast as it was... it wasn't even bad off the launch.
    Get a 99+ GT or Cobra (99/01), or a 03/04 Cobra if you can afford it, they are considerably more expensive than all other Cobras and GTs. Saleens & Roushes are overpriced usually, so stay away from them unless you really want it and it is a good deal.

In Wisconsin, you will probably not want a Mustang though, unless you have a winter beater. They can make it through the snow season with snow tires but the snow can't be too high, otherwise you turn into a mini snow-plow.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by natedawg9640
    I have my 99 GT for sale right now if you want to buy it. It has 58K miles and has never seen a winter since I have owned it (2002). It also has a full Eibach suspension (springs, struts, shocks, swaybars, C/C plates) and it handles really well. The engine is stock. . The car needs absolutely nothing and it is in great shape. I am asking $10,900. The only reason I am selling is because I don't want to have two cars anymore...

I can send you pics or info if you're interested
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

You mean the non-performance oriented V6 models? Congrats...
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

hey when u are 16 and you beat some 25+ year old **** head thats talking trash at astop light... it wasnt about the car anymore... it was about puting this clown in his place. i know you guys are all boo civic around here but i mean when ur 16... its a great first (or 2nd in my case) car to get to know how a car works and buying aftermaret pARTS and what not... im not saying my honda was the fastest car out there....

basicly my comment was to show that some mustang owners are **** heads (id say 95% of them here in socal are) and that my lil econo box civic took one from a dig. i know they can be extremely fast and what not...

hey when u are 16 and you beat some 25+ year old **** head thats talking trash at astop light... it wasnt about the car anymore... it was about puting this clown in his place. i know you guys are all boo civic around here but i mean when ur 16... its a great first (or 2nd in my case) car to get to know how a car works and buying aftermaret pARTS and what not... im not saying my honda was the fastest car out there....

basicly my comment was to show that some mustang owners are **** heads (id say 95% of them here in socal are) and that my lil econo box civic took one from a dig. i know they can be extremely fast and what not...
    i love civics (and any honda for that matter) i have and still drive a civic 00 hatchback...yes i own a wrx but if i had to choose between the two i would get rid of the wrx! my civic kills my wrx in handling and speed and even after turbo upgrade i dont expect it to be faster. My civic is the reason i fell in love with cars and i wouldnt trade it for the world

point here is...i sympathize with you man. I LOVE CIVICS

there i said it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast