wrx vs srt - Page 4
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs srt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I got a brazillion horsepower, but can't drive or put it to teh ground so I frumaroll....

I got a brazillion horsepower, but can't drive or put it to teh ground so I frumaroll.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I guess it boils down to whether you are testing your car against someone's car, or your driving skill. That is what it boils down to, if I ever do it, it is because I think I am a better driver. But that is just me...

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    I got a brazillion horsepower, but can't drive or put it to teh ground so I frumaroll.
    +1

Hi I have no skills and I like to race from a roll...
    Last edited by scoob; 04-26-2006 at 03:03 PM.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    +1

Hi I have no skills and I like to race from a roll...

its easy to say that when you have awd.
    The Ghosts of Zooph and Sarcasmo Will haunt CLUBWRX forever!!!

A brazillion HP? is that closely related to argentinian HP or bolivian HP? just curious... lol.

Personally i am not a fan of neons... i don't care iv it have a v-10 in it, to me it will always be a neon... of which i closely relate to all the retarded people in my town and every other town i've ever seen... no offense to you that drive neons. so i'll pull for the wrx... whether it win or not... it'll still be faster, more powerful, and better looking IMO.

on the raceing... i'd say that the quote about the viper smoking the tires all the way to the next stoplight... yeah... stupid hypothetical representation. it's a viper... it's common knowledge that it's faster. there is no arguement unless we aren't talking about the srt-10... but in that case it wouldn't be smoking it's tires to the next light (and unless you have some serious work done)

dyno's tell the true story on power... 1/4 tracks and stopwatches tell the true story on acceleration... rolling starts are for people that are too lazy to test thier machines any other way... and just a way to have fun... i don't think it proves anything... too many loose variables...
    yup

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx

Why should we change from the norm to cater to wwd cars? I never hear any of the decent rwd drivers that know how to setup their cars and know how to drive *****ing.

Why should we change from the norm to cater to wwd cars? I never hear any of the decent rwd drivers that know how to setup their cars and know how to drive *****ing.
    +oye como va
    Even when I get my 240z built (which is RWD), I'll still prefer to race from a dig, but even if teh fast4rrrrr wants to race from a roll, I'd be happy to let him see my taillights and exhaust.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX
    Guys... I cannot believe that some people believe WRX will win from a roll with just a catback exhaust. Stock SRT traps around 100mph. You guys realize what 3-4mph difference in trap speed means? It's going to get uglier as speed increases

WRX cannot trap over 100mph without some form of BC and TBE. I don't think it has ever been done with just a HKS exhaust (catback).

We are comparing FWD and AWD. With AWD setup, car loses significant amount of power due to drivetrain loss. SRT is lighter and puts more power to the ground.

Reread his post. He is Cobb Stage II with HKS catback. Stage II and an SRT-4 will trap about the same. I can attest to the fact that a Stage II WRX can hang with an SRT-4 from a roll. I ran into a white one today and we played a little bit. We both rolled out of the light slowly. I was behind him. Shifted into 2nd and right around 4krpm's he nailed it. I followed suit and was about 4 feet from his bumper the whole time. I actually had to let off a little bit so I didn't rear end him. We took it up to about 80mph or so. I pulled up next to him and before I could even say anything, he said "that thing moves! It looked like you were going to rear end me" I said that it wasn't stock and that I had to let off so I didn't hit his car. I asked what he had done and he said "highflow cat, IC hoses, and some wastegate thing. We talked for a min or so then he said my car sounded "mean" and we parted ways.
    2004 WRB Cobb Stage II WRX
    220whp 210wtq

guys the 1/4 mile is now from a 30mph roll...........no more dig lol

Edit: and I hope some of those people don't shift to low, dropping it down and hitting the limiter = lucky. Glitter in your oil = not lucky.
    yeah i was going to say... i dont know of any car that has a limiter for mis shifts. they usually catch the revs on the way up, not downshifts. hence all the "I went from 3rd to second at redline, saw 9k rpms for 2 sec, is my engine ok?" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by AwdTurboWrx
    Properly launching awd is not easy, we just get more out of it if done right than the rest do.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Kush

Also, the loud pipes has historically been part of the outlaw, piss-people-off mentality,
    Now it's the "I'm trying to look cool, and at the same time rebel against my 9.00 - 3:30 job that I make $150,000 a year and need to spend some money" thing.

I'm getting older but i'm still a hip and peppy rebel. Check out my 90K hog, dawg.

heres a vid of me and a srt-4 going at it a couple of times from a roll
    pretty even, i think i'll can get him more from a dig.
    Me: TXS Stealth DP catted to sti muffler Cobb stg II OTS map
    SRT: TBE, MBC, BOV

http://media.putfile.com/thePike
    Last edited by HoRnYTuRbO; 04-27-2006 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Now it's the "I'm trying to look cool, and at the same time rebel against my 9.00 - 3:30 job that I make $150,000 a year and need to spend some money" thing.
    Yeah, there's a name for them...RUBs - Rich Urban Bikers. The guys that ride "choppers" that they bought for 10x the amount of money that it cost to build it, and then have no idea what to do when it beaks down...

sorry, end rant.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast