wrx vs srt - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs srt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Racing with plastic meal trays under the rear wheels > racing from a dig....

I Support ClubWRX
    Racing with plastic meal trays under the rear wheels > racing from a dig.
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    Racing with plastic meal trays under the rear wheels > racing from a dig.
    I will paypal you $1.37 to see this on vid.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    By that very same logic, racing from a roll would therefore be a good representation of the faster car...BECAUSE of the low potential driver error variable.

Also, driver error still comes into play.

But a race is the combination of a man and his machine. If we wanted to eliminate the human aspect, we could put both cars on a dyno and simulate a race. 2 men with machines is what makes the race. Man must know how to operate his machine, overcome its shortcomings and accentuate its strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627
    But a race is the combination of a man and his machine. If we wanted to eliminate the human aspect, we could put both cars on a dyno and simulate a race. 2 men with machines is what makes the race. Man must know how to operate his machine, overcome its shortcomings and accentuate its strengths.

good call.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    By that very same logic, racing from a roll would therefore be a good representation of the faster car...BECAUSE of the low potential driver error variable.

Also, driver error still comes into play. Granted, racing from a dig requires a considerable more amount of skill, but going from a roll in a manual tranny car does not require "zero" skill. You wouldn't believe how many people I have played with from a roll that downshift incorrectly... Either they dont shift low enough and get a slow start or they they shift too low and bounce of the limiter.

This is not a debate of which method of racing is superior... This is simply a debate of why racing from a roll is not "teh ghey".
    Different strokes for different folks I guess, racing from a dig is going to show the capabilities of the car along with the driver. If someone claimed to have a faster car than me from a roll, who cares. Even if they did have a faster car frumaroll they already lost.

Edit: and I hope some of those people don't shift to low, dropping it down and hitting the limiter = lucky. Glitter in your oil = not lucky.

Guys... I cannot believe that some people believe WRX will win from a roll with just a catback exhaust. Stock SRT traps around 100mph. You guys realize what 3-4mph difference in trap speed means? It's going to get uglier as speed increases

WRX cannot trap over 100mph without some form of BC and TBE. I don't think it has ever been done with just a HKS exhaust (catback).

We are comparing FWD and AWD. With AWD setup, car loses significant amount of power due to drivetrain loss. SRT is lighter and puts more power to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by mbs627
    My point exactly!

racing from a roll is lazy. Oh and if you need to go 90mph before you can catch a guy from a dig you lost man. Going that fast on a street is just plain stupid. Racing alone is risky enough, going that fast is rediculous in public keep that at the track.

Oh buy the way I smoked a Harley Sportster to 60mph from a dig yesterday by about 3 cars. As soon as I hit 60 in a 55mph my wife yells cop! That's why I say keep it within the speed limits. The cop just kept driving past. If I had stayed in it I could have been in jail. Totally not worth it if you ask me.

Another thing, if you race a dude and he crashes and wipes out a family you go to prison with him if he is still alive. I guess I'm getting old, I'm actually thinking about others. I guess I should go and try on some depends undergarments before I piss on myself. I'm tired goodnight.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob

Oh buy the way I smoked a Harley Sportster to 60mph from a dig yesterday by about 3 cars.
    I would hope so, sportys have about 50 hp at 700-800 pounds with a rider
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    I would hope so, sportys have about 50 hp at 700-800 pounds with a rider
    I need to retract that statement. I had no idea they were such crap in a straight line. I don't know Harley's well i just know they suck a$$. If it were an R1 then I could brag right?

not all harleys are slow, but sportsters have the smallest and weakest harley motor made. I think the screaming eagle package for the bigger bikes is around 150hp, not exactly sure.
    New England F4
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

not all harleys are slow, but sportsters have the smallest and weakest harley motor made. I think the screaming eagle package for the bigger bikes is around 150hp, not exactly sure.
    Well in actuality I don't know what model it was since I don't really know Harleys they are all the same to me. All I know is it was a smaller one and little to no rear seat, and loud as hell! I wonder why the hell you would make a loud a$$ bike like that and be it slow? Kind of defeats the whole purpose to me.

hehe but it's such a sweet sound

Personally, my bike is as loud as possible so that people know where I am when I'm riding near them. You don't know how many times I've almost been hit because stupid people dont look for bikes before they change lanes or go through intersections. The louder my pipes are, the less I end up in situations like that, regardless of the power of my bike. Hell, I even have a helmet sticker that says "Loud Pipes Save Lives"

Also, the loud pipes has historically been part of the outlaw, piss-people-off mentality, but for me anyway, it's more for my own safety, if it pisses people off that's good, at least they know I'm there.

To me, loud pipes on slow CARS don't make sense, because that's just obnoxious and pointless, but on bikes there's a definate valid reason for them.

Sorry for the rambling
    Last edited by Kush; 04-25-2006 at 06:15 AM.
    New England F4
    '02 BUGEYE
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

hehe but it's such a sweet sound

Personally, my bike is as loud as possible so that people know where I am when I'm riding near them. You don't know how many times I've almost been hit because stupid people dont look for bikes before they change lanes or go through intersections. The louder my pipes are, the less I end up in situations like that, regardless of the power of my bike. Hell, I even have a helmet sticker that says "Loud Pipes Save Lives"

Also, the loud pipes has historically been part of the outlaw, piss-people-off mentality, but for me anyway, it's more for my own safety, if it pisses people off that's good, at least they know I'm there.

To me, loud pipes on slow CARS don't make sense, because that's just obnoxious and pointless, but on bikes there's a definate valid reason for them.

Sorry for the rambling
    I forgot all about the safety aspect, your right man good reason for all the noise then.

i just can't understand how people can even consider "from a roll" a race. that is the gayest shi* i have ever heard. you want to be a man and race then stop your car and we'll find out who the real man is. I respect all those who do.

Quote Originally Posted by gingertooth
    i just can't understand how people can even consider "from a roll" a race. that is the gayest shi* i have ever heard. you want to be a man and race then stop your car and we'll find out who the real man is. I respect all those who do.

The people who think raceing from a roll is gay, are the same ones that don't make alot of hp.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast