wrx vs srt - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on wrx vs srt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nascar races from a roll...

Nascar races from a roll
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    Nascar races from a roll
    Another reason not to race from a roll.
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by DTFH3030
    from a dig or a ricer roll.
    mmmmmm....ricer roll.... I wish I had one right now. It would be delicious...
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    Did ya not read the last line I put in there that's in parenthesis?
    "It's so pointless"
    What's pointless, talking about roll racing like it matters or roll racing itself?
    If you have to race someone from a roll you:
    1. Have no driving (launching) talent
    2. Think you have no chance unless you start from a roll (refer to #1)
    I've heard quite a few of you say that you raced so and so from a roll in an SRT or what have you because that driver refused to race from a stop. To me, refusing to race from a dig says a lot about that driver.

Dude I'm agreeing with you
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

I Support ClubWRX
    SRT > WRX in all situations, dig or roll. There are no exceptions.

You all seem to have forgotten what is t3h fastAr
    "Did you sleep well?"
    "No, I made a couple of mistakes."
    -- Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Integra96
    SRT > WRX in all situations, dig or roll. There are no exceptions.

You all seem to have forgotten what is t3h fastAr

que

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Dude I'm agreeing with you
    I thought you were, but I didn't know where you were going with the pointless comment...if you were meaning roll racing was or talking about it was. I also thought that you thought I was serious with the NHRA joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    Nascar races from a roll
    Haha, but F1, rally, motocross, Lemans, autocrossing and much more, don't (you know, the racing that COUNTS).
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

okay this is a serious ? thats not bias by the car that i drive. but sence 95% aggree roll racing is gay i just wanted to know why you feel that way? considering 75% and more of all impromtu street races are from a roll is this not a good way to see whose car is faster? if you take out driver error and traction issues isnt this the most prominant way to see who has the faster car? comparing simple mathematics of hp/weight ratios and gearing vs aerodynamics. i know that real racing is from a stop but your not at drag strip so your not real racing even if its from a stop on the street. theres no light tree or prepped track or burnout box. just thought i'd might spring and actually discussiong... enjoy!
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    okay this is a serious ? thats not bias by the car that i drive. but sence 95% aggree roll racing is gay i just wanted to know why you feel that way? considering 75% and more of all impromtu street races are from a roll is this not a good way to see whose car is faster? if you take out driver error and traction issues isnt this the most prominant way to see who has the faster car? comparing simple mathematics of hp/weight ratios and gearing vs aerodynamics. i know that real racing is from a stop but your not at drag strip so your not real racing even if its from a stop on the street. theres no light tree or prepped track or burnout box. just thought i'd might spring and actually discussiong... enjoy!

I agree with you, and I personally see nothing wrong with racing from a roll.

Yes, more driver skill is needed for a dig race and yes a dig race is "better" but I do not see why people assume rolling races to by say "gay". It is not easy to catch a red light with another car with no traffic and have the perfect setup for a dig race. However, when on the highway at night, getting a rolling race going is not hard at all.

It is funny because when the wrx first came out and people were breaking their trannies left and right because they were doing dig races and dropping their clutch @ 6k everyone was all about the rolling race... But now that the wrx is known for having poor topend on the TD04 no one wants to roll race anymore

Either form of racing is fine in my book... I prefer to go from a dig, but there is absolutely nothing wrong with going from a roll as long as you keep speeds under the "stupid" mark.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by mike05STi
    I thought you were, but I didn't know where you were going with the pointless comment...if you were meaning roll racing was or talking about it was. I also thought that you thought I was serious with the NHRA joke.

Haha, but F1, rally, motocross, Lemans, autocrossing and much more, don't (you know, the racing that COUNTS).
    It's all good bro!

Racing from a roll is dumb. It eliminates driver error which is really more important. Most new dudes lose sight of that. Any fool can buy a Ferrrari with enough money, but only a true driver can really DRIVE it. I would have far more respect for a dude or gal that could drive a SRT4 past my ass of the line than from a 60 mph roll. My grandma knows how to "Punch It"., but she is not a good choice for a launch demo.
    A vette will rape a neon from a roll, but from a dead stop it could get tricky if the vette driver doesn't know how to drive and the neon (srt4) person does. That's what makes cars like srt4's so sweet. they can hurt fast cars where it really counts. Going from a roll is a handicapped mentality, an excuse if you will.
    I mean what would really be sweet is to see the look on a vette guys face when he can't get away from a $20k Dodge off a stoplight with all his v8 power. Just like a well drive srt4 can sneak up on a vette, a wrx can put a srt4 to shame in the same situation.
    That's what it's really all about. You want to race from a roll, go get a dyno run, and enjoy yourself. If you want to race like a man (or a real women) take it off the line.
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

so you'd rather beat the driver of a faster car or equal car then the actual car? say you race a viper from light to light and he smokes um all the way and you demolish him is your car now faster? or is it knowing the fact the 90% of the cars on the road can't beat an awd car from light to light? so thats the reason for racing that way? just curoius cause i know i've raced quite a a few awd guys from a dig and get demolished but as i'm pulling them in hard at like 80 or 90 they shut down as i go blowing by. is this still a win for the guy who backed out? considering i don't cross the traps in the quarter till 120 and we shut down at 90 we raced to the 1000ft? meh, just putting it out to think about i know we all cator to what are cars strong point is but i'd rather know i have the power to win in whatever situation then relyin on the possiblity of a handicapped driver.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

I race from a roll. Even when I had the wrx I went from a roll. If have enough power with anything not AWD racing from a stop become's pointless on the street IMO. You ever line up against a RWD car on the street and wonder if he'll be able to keep it in his lane off the line?

Not to mention I don't go to the "street races" so I don't get many oprotunities to go from a dig. So far this year I've ended up at a light next to someone who wants to race twice. lol If I don't race from a roll I'll never get to race.

If you really want to race from a dig, go to the track. Although you'll lose alot of your advantage when we pull out the slicks.

so you'd rather beat the driver of a faster car or equal car then the actual car? say you race a viper from light to light and he smokes um all the way and you demolish him is your car now faster? or is it knowing the fact the 90% of the cars on the road can't beat an awd car from light to light? so thats the reason for racing that way? just curoius cause i know i've raced quite a a few awd guys from a dig and get demolished but as i'm pulling them in hard at like 80 or 90 they shut down as i go blowing by. is this still a win for the guy who backed out? considering i don't cross the traps in the quarter till 120 and we shut down at 90 we raced to the 1000ft? meh, just putting it out to think about i know we all cator to what are cars strong point is but i'd rather know i have the power to win in whatever situation then relyin on the possiblity of a handicapped driver.

I have to aggree with you there. I've had that happen more than once.

Actually, yes I would rather beat the driver of a faster car. IIRC, isn't racing more about driver skill and not so much the car you drive? As far as you getting torched from a dig and the other driver backing out...he may have thought you were only going to a certain speed and you might have thought different. <--Since you both were stopped at a light or whatever, you should have rolled down your windows and discussed the cutoff speed with him (if any) before you started.
    I would just as soon race someone from a dig in my 73 240Z than in my STi...and the 240 is RWD and weighs <2500lbs (so I would definitely have an advantage from a roll in that featherweight).
    The way I see it is that yes, it does take talent to launch an AWD car and keep it from bogging, but it requires MORE talent to launch a RWD (or I guess FWD) car w/o keeping the wheels from spinning. I'm not saying that I never race from a roll or that it's totally worthless (it can be fun sometimes), but who can argue that it doesn't take more driver skill to race from a dig?
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    It's all good bro!

Racing from a roll is dumb. It eliminates driver error which is really more important.
    By that very same logic, racing from a roll would therefore be a good representation of the faster car...BECAUSE of the low potential driver error variable.

Also, driver error still comes into play. Granted, racing from a dig requires a considerable more amount of skill, but going from a roll in a manual tranny car does not require "zero" skill. You wouldn't believe how many people I have played with from a roll that downshift incorrectly... Either they dont shift low enough and get a slow start or they they shift too low and bounce of the limiter.

This is not a debate of which method of racing is superior... This is simply a debate of why racing from a roll is not "teh ghey".
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.