Ricer education time! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ricer education time! within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; good kill man... and hey for anyone who has a problem with fords we must remember that he has a ...

good kill man... and hey for anyone who has a problem with fords we must remember that he has a freaking SUPERCHARGER and a 6speed!!!!!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    I may be getting rid of her, and I will miss it if I do.
    Any particular reason? And what do you intend to replace her with?
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Any particular reason? And what do you intend to replace her with?
    My knee is screwed up after playing years of hockey and lax, and the position of my knee mixed with the heaviness (compared to every other car I've driven) of the clutch, I am in pain a lot when I drive the car. I don't know about the replacement yet. I test drove an SRT-10 Ram RC and I really liked it, the clutch was super easy and I think the seating position is better for me knee to use a clutch. I am thinking a C5 Z06 might work, because of the hydraulic clutch, but the seating position might not work out. I am also thinking of a Lightning or even the Toyota X-Runner with the TRD S/C. But I change my mind everyday. If gas was going to be $2.50/ gal or less for premium I would get the SRT-10, that is one sick truck. Who knows, maybe an Evo is on the horizon, if I decide to go back to a turbo 4.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

probably read to many stories about people killing v6 mutsangs on all seasons on the internet and thought they had a chance.

I am thinking a C5 Z06 might work, because of the hydraulic clutch, but the seating position might not work out.
    the c5z is an animal..........ive driven the new c6 z and the c5 z and the c5z still has the potential to be one of the best cars on the road with a lil work. C5z still beat cocky *******s in there 360 modenas

btw the cluth in the c5z is nice and soft. You can pick one up with decent milege right now for mid 30s maybe less

My knee is screwed up after playing years of hockey and lax, and the position of my knee mixed with the heaviness (compared to every other car I've driven) of the clutch, I am in pain a lot when I drive the car. I don't know about the replacement yet. I test drove an SRT-10 Ram RC and I really liked it, the clutch was super easy and I think the seating position is better for me knee to use a clutch. I am thinking a C5 Z06 might work, because of the hydraulic clutch, but the seating position might not work out. I am also thinking of a Lightning or even the Toyota X-Runner with the TRD S/C. But I change my mind everyday. If gas was going to be $2.50/ gal or less for premium I would get the SRT-10, that is one sick truck. Who knows, maybe an Evo is on the horizon, if I decide to go back to a turbo 4.
    Sorry to hear about the knee man.

I would stay away from the SRT-10 Ram. People are reporting a decent amount of problems and if you think your Cobra is bad on gas you have no idea.... 8mpg ftl

Toyota X-runner would be a very badass choice. Outhandles a 350Z on a track (so it has proven handling), the TRD s/c gives good power, and the interior is pretty nice... Not to mention how rare they are. This would def. be a good choice IMO.

Evo is always an excellent choice. However, since you live in SoCal you might want to take advantage of owning a RWD vehicle.

C5 Z06 is simply amazing. If you really do not need the back seats, this would be my top recommendation. Clutch is pretty light and everything else about it great.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH
    probably read to many stories about people killing v6 mutsangs on all seasons on the internet and thought they had a chance.
    I was thinking he probably thought I was just another meathead with Cobra bages on a V6, but even if he can't tell the differences in body cladding, my car doesn't sound like a V6. Oh well, he got bit and he didn't like it.

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Sorry to hear about the knee man.

I would stay away from the SRT-10 Ram. People are reporting a decent amount of problems and if you think your Cobra is bad on gas you have no idea.... 8mpg ftl

Toyota X-runner would be a very badass choice. Outhandles a 350Z on a track (so it has proven handling), the TRD s/c gives good power, and the interior is pretty nice... Not to mention how rare they are. This would def. be a good choice IMO.

Evo is always an excellent choice. However, since you live in SoCal you might want to take advantage of owning a RWD vehicle.

C5 Z06 is simply amazing. If you really do not need the back seats, this would be my top recommendation. Clutch is pretty light and everything else about it great.
    Well, the SRT-10 ram is gone, it somehow got sold. I am digging the X-Runner but I have not been able to find too much info on it on the internet, like moddifiying the S/C with a pulley change and other stuff to do to the truck.

I am actually in CT, not SoCal, so AWD will help, but I have a beater truck anyway, so it doesn't really matter if I need the car all year long or not. I love the Z06, it is definately the way I am leaning but I need to try one out soon.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

Quote Originally Posted by evothis
    the c5z is an animal..........ive driven the new c6 z and the c5 z and the c5z still has the potential to be one of the best cars on the road with a lil work. C5z still beat cocky *******s in there 360 modenas
    The potential for the car is unreal. But after driving my uncle's 360 Challenge Stradale, I could never look at the vette in the same category, especially the rubbermaid interior vs. the all carbon Fiber and fine Italian leather everywhere. I should just steal the CS, go to Mexico, and hide out until the statue of limitations is up on GTA.
    SOLD:
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12