94 Z28 6Speed VS 02 Bugeye
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 94 Z28 6Speed VS 02 Bugeye within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am planning on going to the local track to race my buddies 94 camaro this weekend. As it stands ...

94 Z28 6Speed VS 02 Bugeye

I am planning on going to the local track to race my buddies 94 camaro this weekend. As it stands right now he has an exhaust and an intake. I on the other hand have nothing but a short throw shifter. Do you think If I get a really good launch I stand a chance to hold him off?????

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nope, not personally

I guess if he's got a V6 you would, but not the LT1, I think they're around 275-300hp

my .o2, anyway
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Yeah i'm thinking the only way i stand a real chance is if he messes up his launch

He'll trap higher than you, but I say this is a driver's race in the 1/4 mile if *you* can drive your car well
    04 Silver STi M6

If you can drive, the 1/4mile is going to be a drivers race with him trapping a few mph higher than you. Stock they are low 14sec cars, but considering his car is 12years old it is very likely not running compression like it used to. I would venture to say that he is going to beat you, but not by much.... Just nail your launch and hope he spins a bit more than usual.

The LT1 "can" take well to mods, but intake/exhaust will not do much for it. They do not make real bolt on power until you get into headers and cams, etc.. If you can, try and get a downpipe on before the race. They cost less than $200, only take about an hour to two to install and will give you a solid 15whp gain and probably give you an edge in the race. Or, run an uppipe (also around $200, but harder to install) and pick up a used MBC. With this setup you should take him for sure.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

if I get an up pipe but plan on getting a cobb stage 2 at the end of next month what up pipe should i get now?

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    if I get an up pipe but plan on getting a cobb stage 2 at the end of next month what up pipe should i get now?
    Any up-pipe will do, or if funds are really low you can just gut the stocker.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    Any uppipe with do and work accordingly with stageII setup. Check the classifieds here and see if you can find a used one for pretty cheap. Throw that on, then pick up a cheap or used MBC and set your boost to a good 15.5psi or so and you shouldn't have much trouble putting a little distance on the LT1 from a dig.
    Just call me Clark Kent

i ran against one of these at the track. i held him off all the way through middle of third and he passed me like im standing still. i ran a 15 but he ran a 14.3.
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

Quote Originally Posted by scotts05
    i ran against one of these at the track. i held him off all the way through middle of third and he passed me like im standing still. i ran a 15 but he ran a 14.3.
    Are you auto, or just a bad driver?
    Just call me Clark Kent

Well it looks like I will have a little more time to get ready because last night we did a highway pull and he started to miss fire up top and I actually pulled on him. So we replaced all the wires and plugs and it still does it so he needs a new opti spark.

So it looks like he might have to run against a subbie with an up pipe

Quote Originally Posted by DTR rex
    Are you auto, or just a bad driver?
    i'm just a bad driver. Here is the original thread http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=135458

"my first time and i had 2 runs. first one was 15.4 @ 89mph

I ran a 15.0011 @ 91.48mph
    60ft = 2.0820"
    2005 Ubaru Impreza WRX Sedan Crystal Grey Metallic
    Mods: In my profile
    http://www.myspace.com/scottycruz

I Support ClubWRX
    i'm just a bad driver. Here is the original thread

i'm just a bad driver. Here is the original thread http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?t=135458

"my first time and i had 2 runs. first one was 15.4 @ 89mph

I ran a 15.0011 @ 91.48mph
    60ft = 2.0820"
    It's cool. Just work on your shifting speed and try to get that 60' down to at least a 1.9 and you are good to go. You could easily drop more than a half a second from your time and add on a good 2-3mph to that trap.
    Just call me Clark Kent

finish in 3rd

Should I finish in 3rd gear and just hold it out till redline or should i grab 4th at like 6200

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.