94 Z28 6Speed VS 02 Bugeye - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 94 Z28 6Speed VS 02 Bugeye within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced a late 90's Z28 from a stop and a 2nd gear pull with my 06 TR with TBE ...

I raced a late 90's Z28 from a stop and a 2nd gear pull with my 06 TR with TBE and no EM, I pulled on him in every instance, he couldn't reel me in. Go stage 2, and you shouldn't have to worry about him at all.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    Should I finish in 3rd gear and just hold it out till redline or should i grab 4th at like 6200
    Personally, I grab 4th. The wrx, on stock turbo at least is not making too much power at redline, and from what I have experimented with you are better off grabbing 4th than running 3rd down into the redline.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yeah, shift wherever your start getting out of your powerband
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

You can take that ****!

I had a 99 Trans Am with the LS1 but all I had done to it was a k@n filter upgrade. I ran at bandimere speedway at the high school drags and the best time I ran was a 14.5 with a good reaction time. A stock WRX is supposed to run a 14.5 so I think you have a good chance to take a older Camaro. I am pretty sure a '94 LT1 isn't near as powerful as a '99 LS1.

Quote Originally Posted by nvrsmr08
    I had a 99 Trans Am with the LS1 but all I had done to it was a k@n filter upgrade. I ran at bandimere speedway at the high school drags and the best time I ran was a 14.5 with a good reaction time. A stock WRX is supposed to run a 14.5 so I think you have a good chance to take a older Camaro. I am pretty sure a '94 LT1 isn't near as powerful as a '99 LS1.
    14.5 for an LS1 T/A is a joke

They are easy mid 13sec cars when driven properly. Of course your elevation is going to hurting it, but you are comparing the 1/4mile times of a wrx being 14.5 (pretty average even at sea level) and an LS1 is running easy mid 13's and trapping nearly 10mph higher.
    Just call me Clark Kent
    ---------------------------------------
    Offical Body Guard for the Bugeye Mafia.

yeah, 14.5 is not good at all. a buddy of mine has a 98 trans am with catback exhaust and ran a 13.3, which is exactly where he should be...plus he is an automatic!!!!
    BUGEYE MAFIA #20

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12