me vs very quick Cobalt SS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on me vs very quick Cobalt SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6 speed did their annual tuner test thingy. if i rememeber correctly, a modded cobalt had the ...

Quote Originally Posted by ScstealthVR6
    speed did their annual tuner test thingy. if i rememeber correctly, a modded cobalt had the best time, even against evos and elises. and they have 2 classes, fwd and awd/rwd. the cobalt had best time out of all. damn impressive. i dont like the rear tails on them, or fwd, but its like an srt4 that handles better with only 2 doors.
    That Cobalt wasent simply a staged upgraded car......that was completely gutted and rebuilt by Chevy's race devision. The build up of that car was documented on SPEED Channel. However they did run the stock break calipers.....thats it.......chasis was built from scratch, same as motor,suspension. They did a great job with that thing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice run, bet be careful!
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    Me and my friend are driving around in my wagon on Deer Park Ave here on Long Island when we come across this red Cobalt SS supercharged. We went down to the long straight south of Sunrise Hwy and go at it. When we get to the southbound straight, he guns it and I followed. He was about 3 lengths ahead of me and I was pulling, but only by a little bit. This was up until the top of 4th, about 125mph. That Cobalt was really quick! We go through the turn around and on the Northbound side we slow down to 40, and he gives 3 honks and we're off. I started pulling slowly and he missed 4th. There wasnt enough room for another run though. I wanted to see what would happen top end.

The supercharger was LOUD! The SC whine sounded like a Cobra from one of those videos. It had to have had a pully and other mods. The exhaust looked stock though. I gave him a thumbs up before we parted.

Boost was set to only 18psi because I cant get my boost controller set correctly to 19. I had about 200lbs of crap in the wagon + a 130lb person in the passenger seat.... At least I didnt get killed my a Cobalt because I wouldnt be able to live with myself.

cliffnotes: Cobalt SS's are faster than I expected. I'm going to give those cars more respect from now on.
    Well if your car wasn't Hella-slow, you would've smoked him. Might I suggest installing VTEC or installing "TeH fAsTar" in your ride for better performance.

You know I'm busting your chops. Next time you see him, give him a little taste of "alcohol" and call it a day.
    If you can't run fairly from a dig, take your rolls back to the bakery.

sorry to bring dead threads back to life here cause we hate that on ss.net but i drive an 05 ss s.c and i live on long island as well. If you wana bring your shaggin wagon over to dpa again ill give you a run from a dig (none of this roll ****). Not talkin **** cause from what i see your a nice bunch of guys but im just curious to see what would happen. U down??
    STOCK

I had a little encounter with a SS this morning. I was waiting at a light behind one in a merge lane for the expressway. I can see him looking back at my car and am wondering...'Is he that foolish to go hard from a dig????' So he eases away from the light and we merge onto the expressway and he is going really sllooowww looking in the rear view mirror. I am thinking ...buddy, either hit it or get out of the way!! So finally about 80km/h he nails it, gets a little jump so I hit it we both go to the far lane I am having to let off on the gas and then of course miss 4th...he gains a bit then I hit 4th and go into the other lane...was pulling hard but had to shut down earlier due to traffic. I get back into the left lane behind him and he slows right down...In the left lane....Ass...Anyways, my first encounter with an SS...moral of the story WRX stage 2 protuned>SS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 16lb'O'Boost
    sorry to bring dead threads back to life here cause we hate that on ss.net but i drive an 05 ss s.c and i live on long island as well. If you wana bring your shaggin wagon over to dpa again ill give you a run from a dig (none of this roll ****). Not talkin **** cause from what i see your a nice bunch of guys but im just curious to see what would happen. U down??

I dont hate on SS's. They give alot of punch for the price.

I'm down for some night during the week next week. I'm PMing you
    Last edited by hellafastWRX; 09-01-2006 at 10:49 PM.
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Quote Originally Posted by hellafastWRX
    I dont hate on SS's. They gove alot of punch for the price.

I'm down for some night during the week next week. I'm PMing you
    videotape it if you guys go at it.
    06 VF39'd WRX 270awhp 295wtq @15psi
    Should I OpenSource and ditch the AP?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #006

Hmm interesting. I think i saw you the other day. Im up at 7-11 alot on DPA.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12