Stage 2 STi vs. Camaro SS

This is a discussion on Stage 2 STi vs. Camaro SS within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Like the title states, I had an encounter with a Camaro SS today. I was expecting the LS1 to rip ...

Stage 2 STi vs. Camaro SS

Like the title states, I had an encounter with a Camaro SS today. I was expecting the LS1 to rip me a new butthole, but that didn't happen.

We started at about 50mph (which is the LS1 sweet spot isn't it?) and at 100ish I was still at his rear quarter panel. However, again their were no honks (which proves me theory, that no one in IL really honks, people just take off), so he immediately got a jump. If there would have been honks, I think I would have been dead even with him...

There goes the STi has no top end stories. From what I know, the LS1 Camaros and what not, are higway monsters.

I do believe he was modded, because when he floored it, god damn the car got ****ing loud as hell!

Note- All of this was computer generated and did not happen. Street racing is bad and you should not do it...
    Last edited by V8This; 04-15-2006 at 10:28 PM.
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

Installing soon... K-Sport Coilovers and Defi Gauges!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice note hhahhahaha!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    Nice note hhahhahaha!
    I'm glad you liked it...
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

I have a buddy with a Camaro. We have a little competition going on in his forum.
    http://speeddensity.org/showthread.php?t=1578
    05 STi for sale, 400hp, 50k miles, only 17k

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    Like the title states, I had an encounter with a Camaro SS today. I was expecting the LS1 to rip me a new butthole, but that didn't happen.

We started at about 50mph (which is the LS1 sweet spot isn't it?) and at 100ish I was still at his rear quarter panel. However, again their were no honks (which proves me theory, that no one in IL really honks, people just take off), so he immediately got a jump. If there would have been honks, I think I would have been dead even with him...

There goes the STi has no top end stories. From what I know, the LS1 Camaros and what not, are higway monsters.

I do believe he was modded, because when he floored it, god damn the car got ****ing loud as hell!

Note- All of this was computer generated and did not happen. Street racing is bad and you should not do it...
    Yeah, I don't usually race much but I think most people here just go. I've never had anyone honk.
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    Yeah, I don't usually race much but I think most people here just go. I've never had anyone honk.
    I generally only race cars, that I feel I will tie with or lose to. It is no fun to race a car and just blow it away. I race maybe 2-3 cars a month on a good month. I just like the honks, so that way both cars start at the same time and both people know that the other person wants to go.
    2006 Subaru WRX STi

I generally only race cars, that I feel I will tie with or lose to. It is no fun to race a car and just blow it away. I race maybe 2-3 cars a month on a good month. I just like the honks, so that way both cars start at the same time and both people know that the other person wants to go.
    Hey! You're slippin man where's the note?

^Oops... I meant to say that in a good month I can generate 2-3 good races on my laptop. They are almost life like!
    2006 Subaru WRX STi

Yeah, LS1's aren't all that anymore. The ones I see at the track tend to run 13's at 102-107 mph. Of course, the more modded ones are faster, but even with DR's, a WS6 T/A was only doing 105 mph, and a 5.7 GTO just 99 (a 6.0 did 103).
    N.E. F4
    Mods

^Oops... I meant to say that in a good month I can generate 2-3 good races on my laptop. They are almost life like!
    That's more like it bro! Whew

Quote Originally Posted by McBain
    Yeah, LS1's aren't all that anymore. The ones I see at the track tend to run 13's at 102-107 mph. Of course, the more modded ones are faster, but even with DR's, a WS6 T/A was only doing 105 mph, and a 5.7 GTO just 99 (a 6.0 did 103).
    I've heard that from a roll the LS1 is a monster, but from a dig, since they are RWD, people generally spin a little bit resulting in a slower time.
    2006 Subaru WRX STi

I've heard that from a roll the LS1 is a monster, but from a dig, since they are RWD, people generally spin a little bit resulting in a slower time.

Yep, pretty much. I know my dada has trouble getting away from me from a roll under 80mph. and he's in an 02 vette convt. From 80 up though I'm sure I'll get owned.

As mentioned the higher the speed the more likely the SS would have started pulling on you.

Saying that weird things can happen when racing.

In my Stage 2 STi I raced an LS1 z28 (which is every bit as fast as an SS), from about 55-60mph or so. I actually pulled on him all the way to 130mph. I was very suprised by the outcome. We raced 3 times with the same outcome.

But don't get too over confident. I know of a bunch of LS1 z28s running low 12s with just a few basic mods.

I have also noticed that no one honks in IL, when playing computer games.
    I am with you on racing cars you think will beat you or will be close. Living by Naperville I am afraid of getting pulled over for yawning as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by McBain
    When cars have DR on, they will trap at a lower speed.

Anywho, this race isn't really surprising at all, you are stage 2 after all
    04 Silver STi M6