Eclipse GSX vs. Subaru WRX
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Eclipse GSX vs. Subaru WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys my friend and i have been having this arguement for a long time now.. and he thinks that ...

Eclipse GSX vs. Subaru WRX

Hey guys my friend and i have been having this arguement for a long time now.. and he thinks that a stock eclipse gsx can beat my stock 04 WRX. im pretty sure a 1999 eclipse gsx has about 210 horsepower and weighs about 3,200 lb.
    let me know what u guys thing thanks
    2004 Subaru WRX
    Proud Owner

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i had a friend with the same attitude and a GSX...it was faster than i thought it would be but i still beat him by about 1 car completly stock when he was running a catback exhaust....if that helps your argument any at all.
    05' Crystal Grey Metallic WRX sedan

uke
    Tell your friend to quit yapping and race you to find out.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by uke
    Tell your friend to quit yapping and race you to find out.
    Ha there are some words of wisdom

I Support ClubWRX
    I've owned a Talon and an Impreza. I know both cars.

I would look in your owner's manual to see what your car's towing capacity is. Since the Eclipse is AWD, you will either have to put it on a 4-wheel trailer or tow it with all 4 wheels on the ground.

You may not think I've answered the question, but trust me, I have...
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR

I would look in your owner's manual to see what your car's towing capacity is. Since the Eclipse is AWD, you will either have to put it on a 4-wheel trailer or tow it with all 4 wheels on the ground.

ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

that was a good answer

bone stock for stock on paper the wrx wins..im willing to bet with the age of the eclipse the compression probably isnt where it should be...

ive owned a gsx for 2 years and they are fast cars for 30 dollars you can get a test pipe and an air filter that alone will make the eclipse beat a stock wrx

race him and find out i would put my money on the newer wrx tho

I Support ClubWRX
    In all seriousness, the Impreza will stop, turn, and accelerate better than the Mitsu. The '99 is the best year of 2G DSM IMO, since the crank issues seem to not affect these cars (?), the cars are new enough to have had the transfer case looked at seriously under warranty vs. under mandatory recall, and the electronics are still relatively spec. Still, they have limited suspension travel, the "big brakes" are still a bit too small, the steering is good but not direct etc. The same driver will be faster in the Impreza.
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I've read magazine tests and the GSX runs low 15s in the 1/4 and the WRX 02-05 run mid to low 14s in the 1/4.

Having owned a GS-T and now a WRX, I can safely say that stock for stock the WRX easily outhandles and outruns the GST or GSX...I think even from a 75mph roll, the WRX would slowly walk my old GST.

Greatest response...Ever

I used to have an 94 AWD Talon (last of the 1st Gens) and it was a piece. Fun car when I was younger but I always had to drive it with my fingers crossed hoping it would last till I could get rid of it.

A WRX of any year is superior to any and every DSM. Low 15's, to very high 14's at best in the 1/4mi.

God, everytime I think of DSM's again I feel like I need a shower...
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    God, everytime I think of DSM's again I feel like I need a shower...

I Support ClubWRX
    Some times I actually regret getting rid of mine. I liked the 1G's TD05-14b turbo, I thought it was a great compromise between the smaller TD04-13 stuff and the 16G we all know and love. Plus, it looked nice (except from the back, they all seemed to lean!) and I liked the seats and dash. I think, "Hey, it was not worth the money to sell it, and it would have made a great third car..." Then it hits me: I had no business buying the thing to begin with, I should have known better.

Some times I actually regret getting rid of mine. I liked the 1G's TD05-14b turbo, I thought it was a great compromise between the smaller TD04-13 stuff and the 16G we all know and love. Plus, it looked nice (except from the back, they all seemed to lean!) and I liked the seats and dash. I think, "Hey, it was not worth the money to sell it, and it would have made a great third car..." Then it hits me: I had no business buying the thing to begin with, I should have known better.
    I agree just because 99999/100000 your right

I miss certain things about my old GST like the interior, stereo system and the looks. After I hit 117k miles though I couldnt count on it to get me to the market and back without something breaking on it though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast