Eclipse GSX vs. Subaru WRX - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Eclipse GSX vs. Subaru WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I'll never understand the whole "DSMs are unreliable" thing. I've owned 7-8 of 'em at least and never experienced any ...

I'll never understand the whole "DSMs are unreliable" thing. I've owned 7-8 of 'em at least and never experienced any problem that I didn't cause on my own.

Sure, you see people buying them when they're 10 - 15 years old and being surprised that they then need a lot of work, or they don't do anything and then whine when something does break because they didn't do any maintanance.

Anyway, everybody knows that stock they're pretty slow. Just like any other turbo car, it's how easy it is to make them un-stock that makes them fun to own.
    John M
    2000 Lincoln Continental - slow DD with the DOHC 4.6 and a Superchips tune
    1992 Lexus SC400 - slow resto project
    2005 Legacy GT Limited - SOLD Feb 2011 - Forged internals, FP HTA Green @ 22 psi.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think it's like a lot of Ford and Chevy cars...you have some people who swear by them and get 160k+ trouble free miles and you have others who had problems from day one who junked them at 110k miles.

Mine had a few issues with it from the beginning but it really started to become unreliable at 100k miles. No mods and I oweed it from day one.
    My wife's started to break down with minor problems at 90k miles...nothing major but things you wouldnt see in a Honda or Toyota.
    That said, if Mitsu came out with another Eclipse in line with the 2G DSM's I 'may' have considered another one although having owned my Scooby for 3 years now I love it much more than I did the DSM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12