old-school mustang - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on old-school mustang within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by wr06x There is no way the mustang is lighter. I searched for the weight on the internet, ...

Quote Originally Posted by wr06x
    There is no way the mustang is lighter. I searched for the weight on the internet, and came up with a 3200 to 3900 lb range. The smaller v6s would be the 3200, with the largest v8s at 3900. I guesstimate that he weighs about 3600 lbs.
    They are lighter than you think and that engine block is probably aluminum, saving some weight. But he also has less drivetrain loss than you do. Since you going for less than a 1/4 mile, if you get a serious jump on him you probably could hold him off to the end of the 3/16 mile race. With him not knowing what is done to his car is not very good though. That is something he should work on getting to know better.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

in about 1.5 hrs I will venture down to hardin valley road to show him who's boss (hopefully). I just pray that his car is a pig and that his engine isn't too special.
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

Dissapointment...................But not like that. There was soooo much traffic all over Knoxville yesterday that we decided to postpone the race till we had better conditions. Check back in a couple of days.
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

Ahh, Knoxville... I do love it so... is Litton's still open? I'm gonna be there this fall for the UT - AFA game...

Quote Originally Posted by ManicsWrX
    When my 06 was stock I ran a new 05 GT in the 1/4 mile and won and ownd him up in the 1/8th of a mile. And there 300/300 and he had full exhaust system so go take him...
    Sounds like he had a bad driver. What exactly is a "full exhaust"? H pipe? X pipe? LTs? STs? Or was it just a different muffler? (btw, muffler change on the 05+ GT doesn't net any gains, just different sound, sorta like a BOV!).
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

Ya, its open, but I never go cuz its a looong way from my house. They're supposed to have great burgers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Herknav
    Ahh, Knoxville... I do love it so... is Litton's still open? I'm gonna be there this fall for the UT - AFA game...

Sounds like he had a bad driver. What exactly is a "full exhaust"? H pipe? X pipe? LTs? STs? Or was it just a different muffler? (btw, muffler change on the 05+ GT doesn't net any gains, just different sound, sorta like a BOV!).
    Hmm Herk Im not sure he told me he had full exhaust work done and it sure sounded nice So I couldnt answer that 100% cause he did not specify

Quote Originally Posted by wr06x
    Ya, its open, but I never go cuz its a looong way from my house. They're supposed to have great burgers.
    They do, best burgers I ever had. The have one place near downtown that is the original location where they bake all their bread, and the other place out in West Knoxville near the mall. I'm definately looking forward to a Littons burger... and going to Spicey's to see if my name is still on the Beers Around the World plaque.... Spicy's is still open right?

Quote Originally Posted by ManicsWrX
    Hmm Herk Im not sure he told me he had full exhaust work done and it sure sounded nice So I couldnt answer that 100% cause he did not specify
    No worries...

Changing out the mufflers is stupidly simple, (heck, I did mine, and I am a mechanical moron) and I think the pipes are pretty easy too. If he said he had it "done" maybe it included headers...
    Family fun: 2010 BMW M3 Sedan; STOCK
    Single fun: 2012 Mustang Boss 302; STOCK
    SOLD to my Brother: 02 WRX Sedan / Short throw, K+N drop in, Helix up and down pipe, Borla Hush twin tip, Whiteline sways and endlinks, KYB GR2s, Swift springs, Cobb Stage 2
    SOLD: 05 Mustang GT Convertible / blown and tuned by Dynospeed Racing, Memphis TN

I have never heard of Spicey's. btw-i think that race (part II) will be coming this weekend provided that there is good weather and little traffic.

VICTORY! Well, after a little worry and some technical difficulties, we managed to get a clean race last night. At the start, I revved to 3.75k and semi-quickly let the clutch go, leaving him squirming for traction amidst a little smoke. Once he got traction, he began to catch up; he has only 3 gears, so I lost a little ground shifting from first to second. In addition, I find 2nd a tad too numerically low, so he was at my passenger door. But it went downhill for him from there. By the time I reached 100mph, I had about 2 car lengths. And at 120, he was way back. Third gear is soo long in his car that it rlly hurt him. Well anyway, thanks for your predictions, I was reassured.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12