e46 m3

This is a discussion on e46 m3 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Today I was sitting at a red light and a e46 m3 rolls next to me. We both look at ...

e46 m3

Today I was sitting at a red light and a e46 m3 rolls next to me. We both look at each other and he revs on me but for some reason I didn't want to race. I have a 04' wrx cobb stg2 with uppipe. If we raced from a stop or a 5mph roll what do you guys think the outcome would have been? anyone ever race a e46 m3???

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

youd probably hang with him for a bit, but he'd most likely start to pull away once you reach higher speeds. Ive never raced one, but I was behind one at a stop sign, he took off and I took off after him and I hung in right there with him. We didnt get past 60 mph and he made a left real quick anyways. I am cobb stage 2 as well. But im sure if we would have kept going we wouldve started to walk away.

A stock E46 M3 pulled away from me from a 60mph roll. I only had a KN Typhoon on my STi then. From a dig, you should get a jump but it will catch you. I've got to get my cousin out with me again now that I'm Stage 2.

A Cobb stage II vs. an E46 M3 race would be close until 100 mph, then the M3 would pull away.

There was an M3 at the track last weekend, running consistent 102-103 mph passes. I raced him at the end of the day, with a 13.0@110.9 to his 13.5@102.9. He actually redlighted by a quarter-second, but I still blew past him before the 1/8. It felt pretty good to beat such a benchmark car, especially at its strong point, top-end power. The track photographer caught his launch on film:

N.E. F4
    Mods

Quote Originally Posted by bballer018
    Today I was sitting at a red light and a e46 m3 rolls next to me. We both look at each other and he revs on me but for some reason I didn't want to race. I have a 04' wrx cobb stg2 with uppipe. If we raced from a stop or a 5mph roll what do you guys think the outcome would have been? anyone ever race a e46 m3???
    "But for some reason" awwww scared were you!
    My car looks just like this without the skirts and roof wing! Yeah baby!

Quote Originally Posted by scoob
    "But for some reason" awwww scared were you!
    hehe
    You might be a king or a little street sweeper but sooner or later you'll dance with the reaper.

you should have tried to take him bballer, at least to let him know rex's can stand their own. So Often when i see an e46 M3 the driver is a young chick that can't drive if her shopping depended on it. That kind of turbo 911 that the wife drives bit makes me sick...anywho the m3 would probably walk away past 100mph, but then again we paid less than half for our cars.

Cool

P.S these dudes are addictive

Quote Originally Posted by McBain
    A Cobb stage II vs. an E46 M3 race would be close until 100 mph, then the M3 would pull away.

There was an M3 at the track last weekend, running consistent 102-103 mph passes. I raced him at the end of the day, with a 13.0@110.9 to his 13.5@102.9. He actually redlighted by a quarter-second, but I still blew past him before the 1/8. It felt pretty good to beat such a benchmark car, especially at its strong point, top-end power. The track photographer caught his launch on film:

Times sure have changed....

I remember when those E46 M3's were first released in the US back in '01 and being awestruck everytime I saw one on the street. 0-60 in 4.5 seconds, 1/4 in 13.3 all in a sub 50K package! Then the WRX/STI, EVO, SRT-4, Cobalt SS came along that could either match those numbers straight off the showroom floor or with just 1-2K in performance mods.

Great car and that was a great victory you had at the strip McBain! But the performance world has definitely moved on and I look forward to drooling over the next iteration of the M3 in the coming 6-12 months!
    Last edited by Chiketkd; 04-13-2006 at 08:04 PM.
    2006 Steel Gray WRX TR
    13.74 @ 98.25mph w/ 1.9 60ft (bone stock)

#170/70 D-Stock
    Dual BRR/WDCR SCCA member

unless you launch your car (AWD launch), you will get slaughtered.

Turbo < NA 5-60mph street start