Follow the leader with a '00ish vette??? - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Follow the leader with a '00ish vette??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; until then, why don't you tell us where you got the facts to back up your statements above with, because ...

until then, why don't you tell us where you got the facts to back up your statements above with, because right now it all sounds like BS to me.
    And who said anything about reliability, we're talking about performance here
    Seems like you change the subject every time someone proves you wrong
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well, you did ask if I was a foreign car fan, so I said yes I am because they are more reliable and give more performance for the same dollar. What's not to like about that?

For the price of an $85K viper, give me that same $85K and an STI or Evo to start, and I will build up a car which schools that viper on the strip, on the track, and on the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude
    Well, you did ask if I was a foreign car fan, so I said yes I am because they are more reliable and give more performance for the same dollar. What's not to like about that?

For the price of an $85K viper, give me that same $85K and an STI or Evo to start, and I will build up a car which schools that viper on the strip, on the track, and on the dirt.
    um...we were talking about 'vettes, not close to 85 grand. And of course an STi would be better at offroading than a Viper, they were designed for different purposes

Are you for real man?
    New England F4
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    um...we were talking about 'vettes, not close to 85 grand. And of course an STi would be better at offroading than a Viper, they were designed for different purposes

Are you for real man?
    The point is that an STI or Evo can be made to beat the Vettes and Vipers and Mustangs on the road for cheaper than the price of those cars, and ALSO totally destroy them off road. It can do BOTH. Good luck modifying a Corvette or Viper to beat an STI off road. Those other cars cannot do both. That's the whole point. I can buy an Evo, mod it, beat the Viper on the road, still drive my car in the snow or mud, still accelerate on wet roads, and have tens of thousands left over compared to that Viper or Corvette owner. They're one trick ponies, not well rounded and **practical** vehicles.

But, drive what you like . Just realize if you live in a place where it snows you will need another car, so you're comparing the price of a "one trick" $65-85K car + another winter car, to the price of a modded STI or Evo. I think the performance per dollar comparison does not need to be stated.

I see what you're saying, fair enough
    New England F4
    '02 BUGEYE
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude
    The point is that an STI or Evo can be made to beat the Vettes and Vipers and Mustangs on the road for cheaper than the price of those cars, and ALSO totally destroy them off road. It can do BOTH. Good luck modifying a Corvette or Viper to beat an STI off road. Those other cars cannot do both. That's the whole point. I can buy an Evo, mod it, beat the Viper on the road, still drive my car in the snow or mud, still accelerate on wet roads, and have tens of thousands left over compared to that Viper or Corvette owner. They're one trick ponies, not well rounded and **practical** vehicles.

But, drive what you like . Just realize if you live in a place where it snows you will need another car, so you're comparing the price of a "one trick" $65-85K car + another winter car, to the price of a modded STI or Evo. I think the performance per dollar comparison does not need to be stated.
    But see, that's not the point. Because you have had 80 different points throughout this topic.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the Suby is a well rounded car indeed, but as far as straight line performance it won't beat and American car. As far as handling it won't beat the Germans, and as far as gas mileage it won't beat the hybrids.

So maybe if you want a jack of all trades then you are right. Hell, I got a WRX because it now has a 2.5 liter engine and with $5k or so mods I can have an absolute beast.

But once I have enough money I will have a Z06 that cannot be beaten by and import tuner.

I see your point as well, but I just take offense when people start bashing American cars because the majority of us live in America and many of the cars here are really starting to rival the economic models of foreign cars as well as the affordability.
    Car-less

Peachypumpkincheeks

Quote Originally Posted by DeBlas66
    But see, that's not the point. Because you have had 80 different points throughout this topic.

Don't get me wrong, I think that the Suby is a well rounded car indeed, but as far as straight line performance it won't beat and American car. As far as handling it won't beat the Germans, and as far as gas mileage it won't beat the hybrids.

So maybe if you want a jack of all trades then you are right. Hell, I got a WRX because it now has a 2.5 liter engine and with $5k or so mods I can have an absolute beast.

But once I have enough money I will have a Z06 that cannot be beaten by and import tuner.

I see your point as well, but I just take offense when people start bashing American cars because the majority of us live in America and many of the cars here are really starting to rival the economic models of foreign cars as well as the affordability.
    + a million billion.

Time to drink!
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.