Follow the leader with a '00ish vette??? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 67

This is a discussion on Follow the leader with a '00ish vette??? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Also, you make a POS comment however the 'vette is a superior race car... I've never lost to a wrx ...

  1. #16
    Registered User MagikMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    229
    Also, you make a POS comment however the 'vette is a superior race car... I've never lost to a wrx or sti for that matter on the road course.... so not at all knocking the wrx, but the vette is a better race car... maybe not a better daily driver, or a better car for depending on usage... but for racing... hands down to the vette... top speed, acceleration, handling, braking... the vette wins.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

    2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by MagikMan
    Also, you make a POS comment however the 'vette is a superior race car... I've never lost to a wrx or sti for that matter on the road course.... ... 1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp
    Maybe you've "never lost" because you have a ton of mods. Well, take half that money you put into modding it, get some mods for a 'ru, and it'll trash muscle cars all day long.

    Face it *for the same money * the STI wins, period. It *starts* like $20,000 cheaper, and since you have all those mods to "not get beat by a STI or WRX", put some of that money into that STI or heck, an Evo, and watch the pwnage.

  4. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Waukesha WI
    Posts
    2,083
    [QUOTE=bikerdude]Well, take half that money you put into modding it, get some mods for a 'ru, and it'll trash muscle cars all day long.[QUOTE]

    Hey now leave the rest of the muscle cars out of this you can get an SVT Cobra for about 27k. With it being stock you can just about walk on a rex.
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

  5. #19
    Registered User MagikMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    229
    my car is a sports car with a muscle engine... hardly a "traditional muscle car" as it has an IRS as well as ACTIVE HANDLING. It's got transverse leaf springs... And I haven't been back to the road course since I was stock.... All I'm saying.... is the truth... it's not a personal spout... I'm not getting defensive... I'm just telling you how it is.
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

    2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

  6. #20

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    bikerdude, you need to not make the same weak-ass arguements that don't hold water in all these threads where you get your ass handed to you.

    Example A: Omg, Z06...... POST #84

    RESPECT other sports cars, and they'll respect you.

    You need to get over you jealousy man.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Newks
    Hey now leave the rest of the muscle cars out of this you can get an SVT Cobra for about 27k. With it being stock you can just about walk on a rex.
    I think there more than 27K, but OK... Cobra, it weighs like a billion pounds. Lota power, I guess, but comes back to the "put a big engine on a giant piece of crap and it's still a giant piece of crap". Great, it can send its rear tires up in smoke with the best of 'em. And you've still got... a Mustang. Live axle. Heavy. Can't corner for crap. Will leak oil and probably break down by 50K miles. Heck, Ford had oil leak problems on their *primier* supercar the GT. Think about that, pay $200K for a car, and it leaks oil all over your garage... Yeah... no thanks.

  8. #22
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    RESPECT other sports cars, and they'll respect you.
    Well, I respect the ones that deserve it

    I respect the Evo, for example. Good engineering there.

  9. #23
    Registered User Kush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    1,369
    BikerDude - The WRX is roughly 200-300 pounds lighter than a mustang cobra man, with 385 crank hp compared the WRX's 230 (give or take) at the crank, there is really no argument to be made, 150 hp more than makes up for 300 pounds of dead weight.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

    DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

  10. #24

    Peachypumpkincheeks

    Speedette's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Sterling, Virginia
    Posts
    8,615
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude
    Well, I respect the ones that deserve it

    I respect the Evo, for example. Good engineering there.
    *resists the urge to make a personal attack....*

    Did you not see the thread I linked where they PROVED you're wrong? Here it is for you and all who missed it:

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    Example A: Omg, Z06...... POST #84

    And FYI: a used vette can be had for $3-5k LESS than a used STi.


    Knowledge: get some.
    Last edited by Speedette; 05-15-2006 at 10:49 PM.
    Heather | 2002 WRX | Stage 2
    ScoobyDMCtt | Official Bodyguard #2 for the Bugeye Mafia
    TastesLikeAwesome | @Subiestar

  11. #25
    Registered User Kush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    bikerdude, you need to not make the same weak-ass arguements that don't hold water in all these threads where you get your ass handed to you.

    Example A: Omg, Z06...... POST #84
    good find, here's a direct link:
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showpo...4&postcount=84

    PWNED
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

    DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedette
    And FYI: a used vette can be had for $3-5k LESS than a used STi.
    And I think that says it all...

  13. #27
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Waukesha WI
    Posts
    2,083
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude
    And I think that says it all...
    FYI you are ...... a peni$
    Tomorrow isn't a guarantee.

  14. #28
    Registered User Kush's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    1,369
    Quote Originally Posted by bikerdude
    And I think that says it all...
    now this is funny - first you were ragging on american muscle cars because they cost MORE than the STi, and now you're saying they suck because they cost LESS

    Yes, you have a PERFECT argument, who can possibly argue with that logic?

    On a side note, with all this Subaru engineering "mastery", you'd think they would make a tranny that would actually withstand the so-called race applications that you claim these cars are so superior for...and you know what, the Z06 Corvette is actually FASTER than most european, japanese, german, etc, etc, etc, so-called genius engineered supercars - take a look at the Z06 Top Gear episode, it'll all become clear to you. I'd rather have a small oil leak than a blown tranny any day.
    Last edited by Kush; 05-15-2006 at 11:17 PM.
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

    DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

  15. #29
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    BikerDude - The WRX is roughly 200-300 pounds lighter than a mustang cobra man, with 385 crank hp compared the WRX's 230 (give or take) at the crank
    #1 better to compare to STI.

    #2 Cobra doesn't even have IRS for pete sake. It might be hard to believe but there is more to a car than 1/4 mile and hazing up the tires - I admit the Cobra is good at that. Drive an STI and a Cobra around a corner sometime and you'll see what I mean. STI handles better and can get on the power sooner out of the corner due to AWD.

    The cobra has a big engine, I never denied this. It's just... a terribly unsophisticated car with a big engine. That's what the "big 3" are good at. Suspension straight out of the 1960's.

    I respect the engine. But not the rest of the car.

    I understand why people buy them. There's nothing wrong with it! Buy what makes you happy. But just be honest about what it is: a big displacement engine dropped into a victorian era buggy.

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    53
    Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    now this is funny - first you were ragging on american muscle cars because they cost MORE than the STi, and now you're saying they suck because they cost LESS
    It *costs* more new.

    The used market has decided it is *worth* less, and has valued it appropriately.

    Think about that: the STI holds its value better, by your own admission. For the same reason Toyotas hold their value better than Ladas, since you didn't seem to follow the point.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •