06 WRX Vs. My bug eye...
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 06 WRX Vs. My bug eye... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I raced an 06 WRX that was bone stock from both a roll and a dig. The guy said he ...

06 WRX Vs. My bug eye...

I raced an 06 WRX that was bone stock from both a roll and a dig. The guy said he had just bought it and couldn't believe my car was keeping up. From a stop I jumped him by about a car and then he slowly and I mean slowly caught back up after I grabbed 4th. We then did a 40mph roll and I actually stayed next to him until 4th gear again....

Is this right or does he maybe shift really slow... I'm not a great driver But I would say for my age I'm pretty damn good... so maybe I was just shifting a little faster which helped me get back on the gas faster... who knows
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bone stock? wow i guess maybe next time i'll step up and see, worst i can do is be predictable and lose.
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

Quote Originally Posted by dehnem
    I raced an 06 WRX that was bone stock from both a roll and a dig. The guy said he had just bought it and couldn't believe my car was keeping up. From a stop I jumped him by about a car and then he slowly and I mean slowly caught back up after I grabbed 4th. We then did a 40mph roll and I actually stayed next to him until 4th gear again....

Is this right or does he maybe shift really slow... I'm not a great driver But I would say for my age I'm pretty damn good... so maybe I was just shifting a little faster which helped me get back on the gas faster... who knows
    sounds like he's still getting used to the car. I've driven an 06 and it's got a stronger pull up top compared to my 05.

Good job though
    Last edited by jAWDrop; 04-11-2006 at 04:46 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    The extra power from the 06 is hindered by it's 3.70 final drive ratio. Get some gears behind this car and it would be a monster plain and simple.

As for your outcome I'd expect the opersite. The 06 shouldnt kill you from a stop, but it should (with the extra torque) pull away in the lower gears. Might have been a bad driver or not ragging on the car. I've owned my 06 since september and can count on one hands how many times i've actually floored it. There's just no need to.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi
    The extra power from the 06 is hindered by it's 3.70 final drive ratio. Get some gears behind this car and it would be a monster plain and simple.

As for your outcome I'd expect the opersite. The 06 shouldnt kill you from a stop, but it should (with the extra torque) pull away in the lower gears. Might have been a bad driver or not ragging on the car. I've owned my 06 since september and can count on one hands how many times i've actually floored it. There's just no need to.
    I would agree that from a stop he should of won but I'm thinking because he didn't know how to shift that is why... because i jumped a car or a car 1/2 and then by 4th gear he had caught back up to my door and then as we both went for 4th he pulled by about 1/2 a car

Not saying that 2.0l is slow, but I dont think he was a good driver. If he had been good, I dont see how he would have lost a whole car on the launch. In addition, I agree that there is more top end in the 2.5s so i think it could have been closer after the launch. Racing through 4th is a pretty long race ~110 mph
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

We didn't finish 4th... I stopped a little after he pulled past me which was i think like 100mph

very well, my opinion still stands. His shifting is slow/not redlining/just bad in general.
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.

Yeah I agree. He didn't look very happy when I was still right next to him at 90

Quote Originally Posted by 302@12psi

good catch on the revised final drive, but remember that it was revised mostly because the 2.5L makes a lot more torque across the rev range. the 2.0L needs a shorter final drive just to get the car moving below 3K rpm's....in essence, the taller final drive doesn't make much of a difference.

case in point: the original poster kept losing in 4th gear basically because of the lower displacement and smaller turbo.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy

case in point: the original poster kept losing in 4th gear basically because of the lower displacement and smaller turbo.

AMEN to that

AMEN to that
    There's only one thing to do about that.................BIG TURBO
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

Banned

EITHER your totally BSING....or that dude cant drive. I raced a stage 3 WRX "2005" and took him by a car from a 35MPH roll to about 125MPH.

I would be glad to hand you your ass if ud like lol the 06 def has more balls. 242AWHP 318 TQ
    Last edited by ManicsWrX; 04-12-2006 at 01:08 PM.

Banned
    If he is a new driver....NEW to WRX...its a driver error. Took me sometime to get used to my car coming from a Mustang

Quote Originally Posted by ManicsWrX
    EITHER your totally BSING....or that dude cant drive. I raced a stage 3 WRX "2005" and took him by a car from a 35MPH roll to about 125MPH.

I would be glad to hand you your ass if ud like lol the 06 def has more balls. 242AWHP 318 TQ

dude 125.. youre nuts
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.