jAWDrop vs. s2k
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on jAWDrop vs. s2k within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; My 05 wrx and my friend's 02 s2k. Both stock. It was just a quick 2nd gear pull for the ...

jAWDrop vs. s2k

My 05 wrx and my friend's 02 s2k. Both stock.

It was just a quick 2nd gear pull for the both of us since that was all we were able to do given the surroundings.

I start out at just under 35mph and we're side by side. After 3 honks, we hit it and we're stuck side by side for a millisecond and then I pull slightly. As I wind up second, he's less than a yard behind my taillights. I then shift into third and hold the slight lead for moment with no one pulling until his 3rd gear picks up and starts pulling like crazy. His front end reaches my front passenger door, but due to upcoming traffic we cut off. No doubt he would've pulled me even more if we finished 3rd.

I've been wanting to run him again, but sad, he doesn't want to run from a dig.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jAWDrop
    My 05 wrx and my friend's 02 s2k. Both stock.

It was just a quick 2nd gear pull for the both of us since that was all we were able to do given the surroundings.

I start out at just under 35mph and we're side by side. After 3 honks, we hit it and we're stuck side by side for a millisecond and then I pull slightly. As I wind up second, he's less than a yard behind my taillights. I then shift into third and hold the slight lead for moment with no one pulling until his 3rd gear picks up and starts pulling like crazy. His front end reaches my front passenger door, but due to upcoming traffic we cut off. No doubt he would've pulled me even more if we finished 3rd.

I've been wanting to run him again, but sad, he doesn't want to run from a dig.

Go figure...the DIG. WHY do you even race if they dont agree from a dig. Subie shines there and your giving a bad name unless you show him what the Subies about.

Quote Originally Posted by ManicsWrX
    Go figure...the DIG. WHY do you even race if they dont agree from a dig. Subie shines there and your giving a bad name unless you show him what the Subies about.
    I apologize for giving Subarus a bad name.

Well I really don't think you gave subies a bad name.

However as far as I am concerned, if you were at a drag strip would you have a rolling start? No. No legit drag race I have ever seen is a rolling start. (unless im missing something)

Not being an ass or anything at all. If you want to race like that, then it's cool with me.

It's for all the people who WON'T run from a stop.

Just bugs the hell out of me.

[\end_rant]

let's not get our panties in a bunch now. we're being like the SRT4 owners that DEMAND to go from a roll, not a dig, we're being just as petty.
    2002 WRX Sedan
    World Rally Blue
    OEM front lip, Cwest skirts and rear lip
    STi rear wing
    JDM Greddy turbo timer

Banned
    Just cauz your a dumbass and race from a roll....dosent mean you can get shifty with me

All im saying is WAY TO STICK WITH A S2K (fast guy), ur dumb ass fault for racing from a roll back at ya

Quote Originally Posted by jlagace
    let's not get our panties in a bunch now. we're being like the SRT4 owners that DEMAND to go from a roll, not a dig, we're being just as petty.
    yeah fck those srt.... hey wait a minute......

anyway good job hanging. those cars got some pull up top big time. THEY GOT MADEE1!1! VTEC and the tranny gearing is made for up top too.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Just cauz your a dumbass and race from a roll....dosent mean you can get shifty with me

All im saying is WAY TO STICK WITH A S2K (fast guy), ur dumb ass fault for racing from a roll back at ya
    So i guess this what you want?

A year ago, I raced my same friend, but at that time he had a s13 (sr20det w/ boltons, stripped). We raced 0-90 and at the end his nose is at my taillights...but get this, it was a from a DIG..

True Story.

1 roll race story and the end is near.

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    yeah fck those srt.... hey wait a minute......

anyway good job hanging. those cars got some pull up top big time. THEY GOT MADEE1!1! VTEC and the tranny gearing is made for up top too.
    Apparently I've learned my lesson. I'll just leave the roll races to you

Quote Originally Posted by jlagace

That is pretty good, didnt know we could hang that well from a roll with those cars. The only thing that I dont like about rolling starts is it takes away our one true advantage, the awd launch, the same arguement can be made for srt because the roll is their best place to start, but someone up above said it best, how do they race at the strip, from a dig. Either way, good job.

Quote Originally Posted by Houstonwrx
    That is pretty good, didnt know we could hang that well from a roll with those cars. The only thing that I dont like about rolling starts is it takes away our one true advantage, the awd launch, the same arguement can be made for srt because the roll is their best place to start, but someone up above said it best, how do they race at the strip, from a dig. Either way, good job.
    Truth. I only consider it a true race if driver factor is involved so in this case, it was all just for fun.

With the s2k's, just be careful. Once it hits 3rd gear, oh snap vtokK pulls.

Yea I know, I have a buddy with an Si, with intake, headers and one other typical civic mod and he won't race unless we are going exactly like 40mph where his VTEC is screaming. I really want to drive a new si and see how much fun they are......

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jAWDrop
    Truth. I only consider it a true race if driver factor is involved so in this case, it was all just for fun.

With the s2k's, just be careful. Once it hits 3rd gear, oh snap vtokK pulls.

Go race from a roll and LOOSE ..... AGAIN hey why dont u race from a roll...seems like a brilliant idea... Dipshyt

I Support ClubWRX
    Go race from a roll and LOOSE ..... AGAIN hey why dont u race from a roll...seems like a brilliant idea... Dipshyt
    You're making friends quickly here.

Oh, and....

loose
    adj. loos·er, loos·est

1. Not fastened, restrained, or contained: loose bricks.
    2. Not taut, fixed, or rigid: a loose anchor line; a loose chair leg.
    3. Free from confinement or imprisonment; unfettered: criminals loose in the neighborhood; dogs that are loose on the streets.
    4. Not tight-fitting or tightly fitted: loose shoes.
    5. Not bound, bundled, stapled, or gathered together: loose papers.
    6. Not compact or dense in arrangement or structure: loose gravel.
    7. Lacking a sense of restraint or responsibility; idle: loose talk.
    8. Not formal; relaxed: a loose atmosphere at the club.
    9. Lacking conventional moral restraint in sexual behavior.
    10. Not literal or exact: a loose translation.
    11. Characterized by a free movement of fluids in the body: a loose cough; loose bowels.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

lose
    v. lost, (lôst, lst) los·ing, los·es
    v. tr.

1. To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; mislay: He's always losing his car keys.
    1. To be deprived of (something one has had): lost her art collection in the fire; lost her job.
    2. To be left alone or desolate because of the death of: lost his wife.
    3. To be unable to keep alive: a doctor who has lost very few patients.
    3. To be unable to keep control or allegiance of: lost his temper at the meeting; is losing supporters by changing his mind.
    4. To fail to win; fail in: lost the game; lost the court case.
    5. To fail to use or take advantage of: Don't lose a chance to improve your position.
    6. To fail to hear, see, or understand: We lost the plane in the fog. I lost her when she started speaking about thermodynamics.
    1. To let (oneself) become unable to find the way.
    2. To remove (oneself), as from everyday reality into a fantasy world.
    8. To rid oneself of: lost five pounds.
    9. To consume aimlessly; waste: lost a week in idle occupations.
    10. To wander from or become ignorant of: lose one's way.
    1. To elude or outdistance: lost their pursuers.
    2. To be outdistanced by: chased the thieves but lost them.
    12. To become slow by (a specified amount of time). Used of a timepiece.
    13. To cause or result in the loss of: Failure to reply to the advertisement lost her the job.
    14. To cause to be destroyed. Usually used in the passive: Both planes were lost in the crash.
    15. To cause to be damned.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast