You thought your stupid Subaru was teh fastorzzz?? - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

This is a discussion on You thought your stupid Subaru was teh fastorzzz?? within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Trainrex Yup. I've never seen one that didn't. The fix requires about 14 hrs labor. They are ...

Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    Yup. I've never seen one that didn't. The fix requires about 14 hrs labor. They are an absolute nightmare to work on. God forbid you ever need to replace the starter.
    Sheesh, is the fix a complete engine replacement?

I've heard that replacing the spark plugs requires almost removing the engine. True or BS?
    ribonucleic acid freakout

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by dielectric
    I've heard that replacing the spark plugs requires almost removing the engine. True or BS?
    according to gm the first tune up/ spark plug replacemnt is at 100k so i didnt keep it long enough to find out. I know that my brake pads and rotors at all corners ran about $900 the caddy is the reason i have a wrx and not an STi
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by vincent77
    according to gm the first tune up/ spark plug replacemnt is at 100k so i didnt keep it long enough to find out. I know that my brake pads and rotors at all corners ran about $900 the caddy is the reason i have a wrx and not an STi
    The 100k tuneup is . They put platinum plugs in it because they are a wh0re to change. They normally last 40-60k before they start malfunctioning.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dielectric
    Sheesh, is the fix a complete engine replacement?

Not true, but it's a bear of a job. The oil leak comes from the front main seal. It's a 4 cam engine with multiple timing chains, and it's horribly shoehorned in the engine compartment.

Id drive a cadi. If i was 85 years old. C,mon man. haha. You know what i say to a guy with a big v-8 braggin? " Hey man i hope u do beat me, considering i have a 4 cyl."
    My money pit

Not to sh*t on the car, it was nice and plush and for the amount of highway driving i was doing at the time there was nothing that could compare, also they have a lot of technology in them and are nice cars, the thing is you have to sell it before it starts costing mega bucks, everything has a damn sensor and everything is electronic and if that goes you might as well junk it. But a race car it is not, first it's fwd, second it weights more then a well fed elephant, third it needs the 300 ponies to get the car in motion because anything less and youd have to have 1000 midgets pushing it, but it was rated as the worlds fastest front wheel drive luxury sedan, with 1qt monthly oil consumption. beating mustangs and camaros it would all day and thats because of the computer, but any wrx with a monkey behind the wheel could take it.
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

meh....its not a Caddy unless its pink, has huge fins, and comes with an anchor.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    meh....its not a Caddy unless its pink, has huge fins, and comes with an anchor.
    + 23.4 on that. I'd only take one if I sold enough Mary Kay. And even then, I'd lean toward the pink fur coat first.

I wasn't talking about no Mary Kay Caddy

ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I've seen these debates in one too many forums and boards. No one agrees accept those who own similar cars. My VTEC is currently awesome. When I get my STi in a few weeks, the Turbo will be awesomer, and if I ever grow old enough to want a caddy, I'm sure it'll be the awesomest.

Let's all get along

I have a friend with a 95' Eldo that would fit in there perfectly. He thinks that he has the best car in the world because he's got a northstar. He's always telling me how he beats STi's and EVo's . Now in cadillacs defense it is faster then you'd excpect for an old mans car but nothing to get all excited about especially since its FWD.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

Quote Originally Posted by vincent77
    Not to sh*t on the car, it was nice and plush and for the amount of highway driving i was doing at the time there was nothing that could compare, also they have a lot of technology in them and are nice cars, the thing is you have to sell it before it starts costing mega bucks, everything has a damn sensor and everything is electronic and if that goes you might as well junk it.
    +++

I've got a 92 Eldo, so no Northstar, but the same rules apply.

BTW: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ^^ That is "Chris" from the 900 HP Caddy thread.

I forgot to add about the VTEC comments, (Not dissing, I just love this saying):

All the lag with none of the turbo: VTEC It's like waiting for bad sex.

OH!!!! And I wish my grass was Emo, so it would cut itself.
    Sonic Yellow Snow Cone
    My Mods
    "Is that your dog sled?" "I'm standing next to it."
    Quote from TFATF-4 Anchorage Drift

if i ever lose a race to an un-modified caddy, i'm ditching the rex and buying teh fast4r on the spot. although i'm fairly certain i'll never find a caddy driver that's cruising around looking to race imports.
    i found the whole myspace disscusion mind-numbingly confusing

my father used to have a 97 STS, and on the days when my old 62 tbird was in the shop ( which was ever so often ) i would drive that, and i do recall that it would pick up sometimes. but dang man that tank would leak like a siv! just ridiculous. now im sure that cts-v or the sts-v or even the xlr-v are very fast cars, they ooze horsepower and all sorts of other stuff. but to say that some old caddy will always smoke a wrx or even an sti or an evo?? thats just retarded. i read through that whole th read and im dying with laughter, i just wish i could come up with some really witty comment for that page.

since the repairs for my dads sts became so outrageous he gave it away ( literally, he donated it because dealers wouldnt even give him $1k for it. stupid huh?? ) and he got an '04 A8L which is such a stunning car, im so glad he went with the audi over a 745 or an s500. and man, that car can throw down but still cant take my wrx! lol.

so the point of my endless blabbering is - sure there are some real fast caddys, but just try and drive that big boat through corners like we do and youll be dead in 5 seconds flat
    Abram Goglanian: Photographer
    WTB: 99-03 Impreza ( RS or WRX )

Ewwww.... Myspace.
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    ...I think they're loud enough to cause spontaneous involuntary pooping of the pants.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.