'04 WRX vs C55 AMG
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '04 WRX vs C55 AMG within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Going home from work, I notice a C55 AMG catching up to me in a big hurry, we stop at ...

'04 WRX vs C55 AMG

Going home from work, I notice a C55 AMG catching up to me in a big hurry, we stop at a light, him right behind me. Launched it from the light, caught him sleeping and managed to get 2 car lengths on him. That gap stayed constant until +- 160 km/h. Next light he stops next to me. As the light turns green I roast my clutch and he pulls 1 car length on me with this gap staying constant until +- 140 km/h where we both tap off. The look on his face? Pricleless
    In Johannesburg we are at 1600m above sea level where a naturally aspirated engine loses about 17% power, also it was a nice cold afternoon, so I guess I had an unfair advantage?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice. My friend has a 04' clk55. From a dig, he's about a car length ahead until 100 mph. After that . .. .game over subaru. .. .at 100+ those Mercs pull like no other.

Quote Originally Posted by T REX
    Going home from work, I notice a C55 AMG catching up to me in a big hurry, we stop at a light, him right behind me. Launched it from the light, caught him sleeping and managed to get 2 car lengths on him. That gap stayed constant until +- 160 km/h. Next light he stops next to me. As the light turns green I roast my clutch and he pulls 1 car length on me with this gap staying constant until +- 140 km/h where we both tap off. The look on his face? Pricleless
    In Johannesburg we are at 1600m above sea level where a naturally aspirated engine loses about 17% power, also it was a nice cold afternoon, so I guess I had an unfair advantage?

AWD is teh fAstaR, nice one. Be glad it didn't escalate above 120mph, cuz then he's goooooooone. it's always comforting to beat cars costing more than twice as much, isn't it?
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

My dad ran into one of those in his STi. He said he could gain some distance on him at first but then he would stop gaining. He said it was a lot of fun and he was surprised at how fast those were. The best part is my dad is 48 years old!!!

Nice kill!

I ran a C55 a while back and he put about 1.5 cars on me from 50-130mph multiple times.

RWD+300rwhp+Autobahn gearing > AWD+280awhp+crappy gear ratios

Heres my story Stage4 wagon vs. C55 ///AMG
    --Chris
    2011 DGM WRX hatch - Kartboy SS

04 WRX wagon - 304whp Mods - SOLD
    LISC #3
    www.longislandsubaruclub.com

Ran into an SL500 AMG car once and it had FOUR adults in it. From 70 mph on, it was if I was stuck in reverse. I havent had my lunch handed to me like that since I ran an '06 Goat from an 80mph roll.
    The guy was pretty cool though...in his late 50's dressed in polos and had what looked like his parents in their 70's in the back seat. He just kept smiling everytime I pulled back up along side him and then off we went again....with the same results.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.