S2000 vs Stage 2 06 STi
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on S2000 vs Stage 2 06 STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; We all know that no one ever races so this is all made up. I must really under estimate my ...

S2000 vs Stage 2 06 STi

We all know that no one ever races so this is all made up.

I must really under estimate my car... All I've ever heard is that the STi has a super lacking top end so when people try to screw with me on the highway I generally don't bite. However, I am now Stage 2 and wanted to test it out...

To start off... The race was kind of unfare. I don't know if people in IL are retarded or don't know that they should do something to let the other person know that they are taking off. So I started with the front of my car at the middle of his passenger door. We started right around 80ish, I was in 4th around 5,000 rpms... We took off and I shifted to 5th at 6500, then let off around 140... I was not expecting to get there so quickly either, I generally let off around 100. Anyway, I pulled a good car length on him if not more. I try to guess conservitive...

My mods:

Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped)
    JDM Fujitsubo Catback
    Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map
    GoFastBits 50/50 BOV
    Ported Wastegate
    Ported Turbo Inlet
    GP Moto header (Heat Wrapped)
    Group N Motor Mounts
    Group N Tranny Mount
    Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

From what I could tell the S2000 had exhaust, but I'm not too sure on what he had exactly. I do know that the VTec engagement sounded much louder than when I test drove a stock S2000, a month or so ago.
    Last edited by V8This; 04-08-2006 at 11:14 PM.
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

Installing soon... K-Sport Coilovers and Defi Gauges!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice kill

Where in Chicago were you doing 140mph?...

BTW, it is NOT cool to be going that fast on public roads, I'm sorry. Just really irresponsible. It's cool until you lose control and plow into another family...
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

Quote Originally Posted by Road Warrior
    I was wondering that too...
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

BTW, it is NOT cool to be going that fast on public roads, I'm sorry. Just really irresponsible. It's cool until you lose control and plow into another family...
    I was on a highway at roughly 12am, so there was like no traffic, only like 1 car after we stopped. Yes, I know going that fast is stupid and it will be the first and only time my car sees that speed on public. As I stated I normally let off around 100, which numorous people do on a daily basis. I really did not expect to be going that fast and once I looked down and saw that I stopped. Never, I repeat Never, would I do that if traffic was around. I don't race at all if other cars are around.
    Last edited by V8This; 04-09-2006 at 07:59 PM.
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

judging by the details you provided, i'd say the Sduece had a fair amount of money tossed at it. Stock they run high 13s, and with a full exhaust and all still only mid to low 13s.......but obviously the old motor spins to like 9500, and the new one like 8500, so up top they screeeeeeaaaam. either way i'm sure it's far from stock, and nice run, don't listen to these parental units, use your discretion.
    New England F4
    If you're not shifting, you're just riding.

I totalled my WRX

to the people that are wondering where in chicago did he do 140mph...theres a a lot of places u can speed over 100mph..especially the highways..it is irresponsible and pretty stupid to do it down a busy street during the day or watever, but if ur on a highway or open road in the middle of the night and know how to drive a car theres nothing wrong with it..props to the sti who beat the s2k..my friend has a silver one with a catback and he cant keep up with me for ****..so yeah i think that one u raced wasnt stock, where in chicago u from?

Quote Originally Posted by wrxeurohead
    to the people that are wondering where in chicago did he do 140mph...theres a a lot of places u can speed over 100mph..especially the highways..it is irresponsible and pretty stupid to do it down a busy street during the day or watever, but if ur on a highway or open road in the middle of the night and know how to drive a car theres nothing wrong with it..props to the sti who beat the s2k..my friend has a silver one with a catback and he cant keep up with me for ****..so yeah i think that one u raced wasnt stock, where in chicago u from?
    There is always something wrong with doing 140mph on a street. Not saying I have never done it, but to say there is nothing wrong with it, is just stupid.
    2005 WRX (Short throw shifter, lightweight pulley,STI Splitters,Tein H-Tech springs,Up/Down Pipe, ERZ Catback, Cobb Stage 2, ASA JH8 with Yokohama ES 100s) 13.680@100.46mph

V8this.... Do you ever drive around the buffalo grove/lincolnshire area? I may have seen you around a few times.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

What about a bus of nuns nursing leukemia patients? Those are always the first to go.
    "..are wont to seize upon people about the beginning of Autumn; and sometimes also sooner, according to the temper of the foregoing Summer, whether they had been hotter, or cooler: & they some years rage so violently, as that they last the greatest part of the said seasons, miserably afflicting people all that while, and destroying many of them - Exterminated by the Bloody Flux
    Dysentery in Eighteenth-Century Naval and Military Medical Accounts
    "

I ruined a stock s2k off the line with my stock '06 wrx TR...he didn't launch, and so I pulled like 2 car lengths in first gear.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Nice kill! Sweet car too.
    2009 wrx Dark grey metallic

Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    V8this.... Do you ever drive around the buffalo grove/lincolnshire area? I may have seen you around a few times.
    I may have a few times, but not very often. I tend to be from Glen Ellyn to Aurora and some towns inbetween.
    2006 Subaru WRX STi

Quote Originally Posted by wrxeurohead
    I live in Aurora, but I get around...
    2006 Subaru WRX STi

hey DJSHADOW7...were u the guy goin down milwaukee that one night around midnight in libertyville? i got the blue wrx..not sure if it was u or not

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.