S2000 vs Stage 2 06 STi - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on S2000 vs Stage 2 06 STi within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ^You know that this site has a PM feature that you can use. It is very effective too!...

^You know that this site has a PM feature that you can use. It is very effective too!
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

Installing soon... K-Sport Coilovers and Defi Gauges!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

nice run.

hey had money into that, for sure
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

It's hard to believe S2000 can be made to run low 13s with BPU. They trap around 100mph stock, so pulling them on a roll makes perfect sense with stage 2 STi (Traps around 106mph). Good kill.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX
    It's hard to believe S2000 can be made to run low 13s with BPU. They trap around 100mph stock, so pulling them on a roll makes perfect sense with stage 2 STi (Traps around 106mph). Good kill.
    When I went to the track a few weekends back, I was trapping 100mph the whole time. I was running 13.2-13.4 at the end and still trapping 100mph...
    2006 Subaru WRX STi
    Helix JDM Length Catless Downpipe (Heat Wrapped) - JDM Fujitsubo Catback - Cobb AccessPort With Stage 2 Map - Ported Wastegate - Ported Turbo Inlet - GP Moto Header (Heat Wrapped) - GFB 50/50 BOV - Group N Motor Mounts - Group N Tranny Mounts - Turbo Heat Wrap Kit

Quote Originally Posted by V8This
    When I went to the track a few weekends back, I was trapping 100mph the whole time. I was running 13.2-13.4 at the end and still trapping 100mph...
    If you were trapping 100mph with stage 2 STi, I question your driving skills or car's condition.

Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX
    If you were trapping 100mph with stage 2 STi, I question your driving skills or car's condition.
    I was slipping the clutch around 4,500rpms and was told that 100-104 trap was average for stage 2. I was getting a 1.8 60'...

I definently wouldn't say I'm the best driver ever, but I'm definently not a bad driver.
    Last edited by V8This; 04-30-2006 at 11:28 PM.
    2006 Subaru WRX STi

You should have easily pulled the s2000 in stock form and killed him in stg2 form. I used to have an s2000 and I can say it would have a tough time with a stock 06 wrx from a dig or a roll. A STI should have eaten him alive.
    I will tell you though, those s2kers like those t3 hybrids at 6psi, and they don't make much noise to detect either. Also the comptech sced guys don't make too much whine. Sounds like he was more than just bolt ons.

Also, Doesn't a stock sti trap 102-104mph??? What alti are you at?
    stupidman has spoken

I was slipping the clutch around 4,500rpms and was told that 100-104 trap was average for stage 2. I was getting a 1.8 60'...

I definently wouldn't say I'm the best driver ever, but I'm definently not a bad driver.
    Many people with stage 2 setups are nailing 104+ traps. Some have even hit as high as 107-108. 100 is way too low for a stage 2 car. You are probably shifting too early as it doesn't appear to be your launch.
    2005 Aspen White STi

nice kill

Your times and mph are more like a stock STI. A forum friend over at IWSTI just posted his time slip with Cobb Stage 2 basic map and pulled a 12.5 @ 110. He wasn't even pro-tuned. I've heard of issues porting the stock turbo/ and having an aftermarket BOV with decreased performance. Based on exp. 106-108 traps are posible from a properly running tuned Stage 2 STI. Sometimes more, sometimes less depending on conditions and octane used. Damn I need to take my car to the track soon. Good race though, 140 is hauling.
    Last edited by garrettjj; 05-11-2006 at 05:53 PM.
    95 Supra TT --BPU+ 420whp.
    05 Subaru STI --Cobb AP Stage 2 Protuned
    94 Integra GS-R --HIE/VTEC Controller.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12