Cobb Stage I 05 STi vs Utec Stage II 02 WRX

This is a discussion on Cobb Stage I 05 STi vs Utec Stage II 02 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; On my way to work today I came up to my buddy in an 05 STi with Cobb stg1. From ...

Cobb Stage I 05 STi vs Utec Stage II 02 WRX

On my way to work today I came up to my buddy in an 05 STi with Cobb stg1. From about a 30mph roll we took off. I let off at around 80mph with him about 3/4 to 1 full cars ahead of me. He seemed to be in boost when we took off while my car still had some lag. My guess is the gearing in the 6mt.

In any case I was a little heartbroken to lose but still happy my car didn't get completely smoked.

The guy I got the WRX from just chipped (GIAC with the tiptronic tranny chip) his 2000 Audi S4 (bi-turbo) and wants to run them after work. The last time we went I put like 3 cars on him from 40mph to 110mph. I have a feeling this time I'll be looking at his rear bumper. They claim 60hp and 110tq on a stock S4. I'll let you know how it goes.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

definitely. I am coming from a Jetta 1.8t, so its not the same, but those GIAC chips rlly can give the car a whole different demeanor. the 1.8t with chip, TBE is significantly quicker than stock. My guess is you get raped. But then there are miracles......
    Originally posted by BlkWrxWag:
    You will not have these performance issues if you stick to racing in school zones. The WRX ECU is specially tuned to recognize these areas and increase boost accordingly.