WRX vs. 95 Camaro Z28 and vs. civic hatch with 8psi turbo

This is a discussion on WRX vs. 95 Camaro Z28 and vs. civic hatch with 8psi turbo within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok I'll start out with the not so exciting race. First off was a civic hatch back that had a ...

WRX vs. 95 Camaro Z28 and vs. civic hatch with 8psi turbo

Ok I'll start out with the not so exciting race. First off was a civic hatch back that had a 1.6 liter jdm motor with a turbo that had 8psi. The car still had the stock exhaust system on it which i figure was the reason he did so poor because I don't thing honda had a very high flow exhuast system back in the 90s. So the race started and ended in the beginning. I flew out of the hole by about 3 cars and it stayed that way until the end of the race. So his car was pretty quick he just couldn't catch me out of the hole.

Now for the race that we can't decide who won. I raced a 95 camaro Z28 (w/ the 6 speed) The car was stock except for 4.11's in the rear. Out of the whole I killed him pretty bad (some what becasue of his gears he has trouble holding traction) by the end of second I would guess he was 2 cars back. and then by the end of third he was right next to me.... after that he passed me but where we had the quarter marked off we can't tell who one. We had 2 guys at the finish line with flash lights and none of them could figure out who won. By far this is one of my favorite races of all time. I would also like to note that we marked off a quarter mile way out in the country and had people with cell phones waiting to call if anything happened. It isn't really like us to do this on the street but seeing has how I just got the car and his just came out of storage we just had to do see what would happen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

keep going after the 1/4 and watch that Camaro tear you a new one. good race.
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Stock WRX?
    Cobb Stage two and a half.

I raced a 94 z28 that had headers and an intake with just about the same results. I killed him off the line, but he pulled hard on me and passed me when i was going around 90-95mph which is right around my quarter mile speed. From that point on he pulled hard, so if we would have run them from anything other than a stop, I would have been killed.

Stock

yeah i'm stock right now. His car is really quick it just doesn't have any traction with the 4.11

He can do a burn out 1st - 3rd just by flooring it.

Yeah the lt1's peak tq around 2500rpm, so 4.10's aren't a great choice of gear for him. I think that's about right though, where you should be to a lt1 from a dig. I think equal drivers he should have a slight advantage, however, you out drove him! GJ
    1999 Corvette; vararam cold air intake; ls6 intake manifold; cartek stage 2x heads; cartek stage 2x cam; ported ls6 oil pump; hardened pushrods; 1 7/8" headers with full 3" exhaust back; hardened output shaft; 3.90rear gears.... 420rwhp

2001 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro; heated seats

yeah driver did win it

He is new at driving so it actually took 3 attempts to have it close... he kept missing his 3rd gear