1986 300zx vs. 2002 WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 1986 300zx vs. 2002 WRX within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have spent about nine months building up my 86 300zx which was an N/A when i bought it while ...

1986 300zx vs. 2002 WRX

I have spent about nine months building up my 86 300zx which was an N/A when i bought it while my 02 wrx is my daily driver. The mods I have done to the 300zx are as follows:vg30et swap, pathfinder intake manifold, mkiv supra IC, MBC set at 11psi, stage 3 clutch, e-fan, and eliminated intake. My wrx is stock other than a cobb short shifter and bushings. we decided to run them from 35mph (both in second gear) to about 100mph. The nissan put about 5 car lengths on my WRX. Then we ran from a stop, and he caught up to me at 65-70mph and then pulled hard on me from there. I am pretty happy with my 300zx project, but i will be selling it to the friend who drove it today. What i wanted to know was, if i went stage two (turbo back and AP) would i be able to keep up with the 300zx?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by enjoyrth
    I have spent about nine months building up my 86 300zx which was an N/A when i bought it while my 02 wrx is my daily driver. The mods I have done to the 300zx are as follows:vg30et swap, pathfinder intake manifold, mkiv supra IC, MBC set at 11psi, stage 3 clutch, e-fan, and eliminated intake. My wrx is stock other than a cobb short shifter and bushings. we decided to run them from 35mph (both in second gear) to about 100mph. The nissan put about 5 car lengths on my WRX. Then we ran from a stop, and he caught up to me at 65-70mph and then pulled hard on me from there. I am pretty happy with my 300zx project, but i will be selling it to the friend who drove it today. What i wanted to know was, if i went stage two (turbo back and AP) would i be able to keep up with the 300zx?
    I'd say yes. Stock to Stage II is a HUGE jump in hp and tq. I can easy pull 4 to 5 cars on a stock WRX.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

Good to know. Can't let my cheap project car show up my wrx. Too bad modding my wrx isn't as cheap as modding the Z.

Quote Originally Posted by enjoyrth
    Good to know. Can't let my cheap project car show up my wrx. Too bad modding my wrx isn't as cheap as modding the Z.
    I'm pretty sure the WRX is the most expensive cars I have ever owned to mod.
    2002 PSM utec Stage 4
    Mods

man i love Z's....i'd deff keep that car and have some more fun w/ it
    2003 WRX wagon-COBB stage 2

1970 240z-28,000 mi, unrestored original, mint

Quote Originally Posted by KritiKaL
    man i love Z's....i'd deff keep that car and have some more fun w/ it
    +1, especially coming from another Z enthusiast here. I have a 73 240z that I will be doing a turbo swap with in a couple of years. If you do wind up selling your Z31 enjoy, I would highly recommend finding a 1st get 70-78 240-280z. They weigh less than a civic, very nimble, very easy to work on (not like the cramped engine bays of the Z31) and have a fun to drive factor that has no equal.
    Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.
    -Albert Einstein

Some people go through their whole lives wondering if they ever made a difference in the world. Marines don't have that problem.
    -Ronald Reagan

If I don't use the money I get from selling the Z to mod my wrx, I will instead invest it in another Z project car. I do like the older Z cars, but I am probably going to stick with the z31 because I know it so well and have a million ideas for a z31 project of my own, not to mention tons of spare parts/motors. Also, I got my z31 down to 2800lbs and that is light enough for me. I am sure I will end up getting another one....I need my rwd fix....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.