02 wrx vs. 01 eclipse gt

This is a discussion on 02 wrx vs. 01 eclipse gt within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; me and my friend race all the time, he has a 2001 eclipse gt and i have a 02 wrx, ...

02 wrx vs. 01 eclipse gt

me and my friend race all the time, he has a 2001 eclipse gt and i have a 02 wrx, stock and stock i could beat him easily, than he went and got an exhaust and i could still beat him, this is all rolling starts btw, than i got my turboback and now i just rape him when we race, gotta love the full potential of the rex hidden under all its stock parts

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that's because he didn't get an intake...and a BOMBZ exhaust.
    if he did this...he'd definately be teh fassstttaaarr
    LET'S GO COLTS!!!
    I have 5 infraction points. What do you have?

coming from a 3g owner, the 2000+ eclipses are slow and heavy, so saying you beat one, isn't that big of a feat. There aren't many cars that they can beat. lol. hence why I am trading in on an wrx soon enough.

yea 3gs are boats and they are fugly

2gs are boats to tho but they have a turbocharged 4g63 in some of them

uke
    Quote Originally Posted by black-boxer429
    yea 3gs are boats and they are fugly

2gs are boats to tho but they have a turbocharged 4g63 in some of them
    I've never considered the 3g's to be a true eclipse. The first and second gen were a sleek looking design with good power potential (turbo 4cyl). The 3g's are nothing more than down chick cars.

I like the newer ones a lot, though I wish they had a turbo option like the 1 and 2g.
    06 GTO - yeah, it's pretty quick
    Grand Prix GTP-gone

Quote Originally Posted by uke
    I've never considered the 3g's to be a true eclipse. The first and second gen were a sleek looking design with good power potential (turbo 4cyl). The 3g's are nothing more than down chick cars.

I like the newer ones a lot, though I wish they had a turbo option like the 1 and 2g.
    I never thought the 3g or even the new 4g cars look bad. The 3g never had any power and when they did add it to the new 4g cars (260hp i think) they made them so freaking heavy. I don't know what their thinking there was...
    1999 Mustang GT (Full Eibach suspension)

Looking for an STI in the spring!

eh in truth 99 was the last year of the true eclipse couldnt agree more the 3gs and 4gs for that matter are still wrongly powered heavy pieces of junk that are meant for women drivers both have lil to no modding potential....bring back the 2g style pleeeeeeeease mitsubishi