350z
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; are they easily beatable from a roll in a stock STI? just one of those questions, i really dislike 350z's...

350z

are they easily beatable from a roll in a stock STI? just one of those questions, i really dislike 350z's

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yep stock vs stock shouldn't be a problem if both drivers are equal. i hate 350z too, well the majority of there drivers.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Sorry to interupt your thread, but my brother has a Z that we beat a WRX STI from a roll
    60-100 (AWD sucks at high speeds).. and i love the z's i dont know what are yall haters talking about

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    My brother had a STI and sold it due to having a family, he bought a Z, then two weeks later traded it for a STI.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by Death To Ricers
    My brother had a STI and sold it due to having a family, he bought a Z, then two weeks later traded it for a STI.
    I would like to see what they gave him
    <--- Robert

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    It was actually in a small crap dealership in Arkansas and they didnt know what they had when they got the STI. If I would of sold my WRX I would of been able to pay for the STI in cash. It was in immaculate condtion too. The dealer did not even know it was a turbo. He also gave him crazy money for the Z.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Quote Originally Posted by IWantAnWRX
    Sorry to interupt your thread, but my brother has a Z that we beat a WRX STI from a roll
    60-100 (AWD sucks at high speeds).. and i love the z's i dont know what are yall haters talking about
    well then he and his opponnet fall into the driver error part of the equasion. stock 350z are high 13s at 97-99 and stock sti's are low 13s at 100-102. making the sti faster at least up to a 100. in most generic cases. again take driver error out and i'll take the sti everytime up to 100 by a car length or 2.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

i have an 02 wrx wagon vf34'd around 275whp on pump gas, and without downshifting to fourth i stayed about dead even from 80-110+ with a lightly modded G35. which unless i'm wrong, they are the same car pretty much.

lightly modded i mean he had a mean sounding exhaust not ricey, springs of some sort. and i have no idea anything after that.

if i downshifted first i would have pulled on him.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

and this was after 12 in the morning in the middle of the CA desert. i don't go that fast on a normal occasion.
    SoCal F4 #22 Shoes
    Quote Originally Posted by Forester 2.5 XTi View Post
    If aesthetics was 1st, I wouldn't have bought a Forester!

Stock for stock the STi should be able to take a 350Z. I know I did when I had my STi and all of the "stats" on the two cars point towards a victorious STi.
    Current Vehicle: 2006 Volvo S60 R Sonic Blue/Atacama
    SOLD:
    2006 Graphite Gray Evo IX
    2004 STi
    2003 SVT Cobra
    2003 SVT Lightning
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffbmx00 View Post
    my friend has a 5.0 too, they are slow, the only way to decently make them fast is to drop a v8 explorer engine in them.

my cousin had a g35 and we raced a few times... my then stock STi and his g35 w/ cai/exhaust/air fuel controler and springs.... wooped his butt from a stop and from a 45mph roll..we did this a few times just so he could not say he missed a gear... when we got up to like 110-115 he started to fade away... thats w/4 ppl (including me)in my sti and just him and his dad in his g35...
    i think he said his car didnt want to go more than 125-130mph

o yea 05 STI and 05 g35 fully loaded except sun roof and navi

Quote Originally Posted by 2004NeonSRT4
    well then he and his opponnet fall into the driver error part of the equasion. stock 350z are high 13s at 97-99 and stock sti's are low 13s at 100-102. making the sti faster at least up to a 100. in most generic cases. again take driver error out and i'll take the sti everytime up to 100 by a car length or 2.
    Thats what i was thinking at the beggining i was like we going to get smoked but then the Z was pulling he stopped when he was at our door handle.

isn't the power/weight ratio similar? even the earlier models had 287 and weigh in around the same as an STi...when you take into account drivetrain loss, it's basically equal.

and from a roll, shouldn't the extra 1000cc and RWD help push it through the air quicker?

who the hell's driving these Z's?
    embattled, we prevail...only victory exhaled.

Quote Originally Posted by Juice33
    Stock for stock the STi should be able to take a 350Z.
    +1

I was a passenger in my friend's STI vs. another friend with a 350Z (both stock) done from 60mph. The STI took the edge on that run.
    I might be back in the market for the new STI sedan!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.