350z - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 350z within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; STi...

STi

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my 02 with headers uppipe and open downpipe beat a 350 from a roll by half a car so its def. doable.they arent really as impressive as they look

Quote Originally Posted by BrianH

STi
    luv that pic,.
    RayfieldsWRX - "You like the feel of torque steer? Interesting"
    jd92677 - "I like the idea of mashing the gas and not knowing which way the car will go."
    -02 WRX 13.8@96 stock SOLD
    -04 SRT-4 626whp SOLD.
    -04 STi 13.3@102 stock. SOLD
    -04 SRT4 388whp DD SOLD

Z350 should never be underestimated, especially with good drivers. I've seen 350Z with BPU trap over 105mph without FI. All it needs is slick and BPU.

If you are not sure, go and check out www.my350z.com

How would my 06 Tr wrx compare to a 03 g35 coupe manual....a friend of mine wanted to race. I'm pretty sure he sucks at driving, but I feel like in a drag his car would still win.
    '06 wrx wr-blue

Ike
    Quote Originally Posted by speedDman1
    How would my 06 Tr wrx compare to a 03 g35 coupe manual....a friend of mine wanted to race. I'm pretty sure he sucks at driving, but I feel like in a drag his car would still win.
    From a dig it's a drivers race and you can probably take him if you launch well, from a roll he'd have an edge.

Ike
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX
    Z350 should never be underestimated, especially with good drivers. I've seen 350Z with BPU trap over 105mph without FI. All it needs is slick and BPU.

If you are not sure, go and check out www.my350z.com
    Does anyone else want to gouge their eyes out every time they see BPU. Or at least smack the person that says it

Quote Originally Posted by AngelBoy
    isn't the power/weight ratio similar? even the earlier models had 287 and weigh in around the same as an STi...when you take into account drivetrain loss, it's basically equal.

and from a roll, shouldn't the extra 1000cc and RWD help push it through the air quicker?

who the hell's driving these Z's?

I have the same question.

My brother has raced 2 STi's from a roll and were dead even after 100. I raced a Wrx with his Z from a 45mph roll and had 2 bus lengths. (he does not know about that race,Shhhhh)

On the other hand I raced a G35 coupe with my XT from a stop and I had 4 passengers and I still beat him by 2 car lengths.

The results with these cars vary sooo much. Must be the pozer effect.

From a stop I will beat my brother untill 70-80 then it is bye-bye for me. From a roll I dont even try.

Quote Originally Posted by gottahaveturbo
    my 02 with headers uppipe and open downpipe beat a 350 from a roll by half a car so its def. doable.they arent really as impressive as they look

Sorry, but I think they are impressive. If you compare it to what it should have been (300 zx TT) then no, they arent as impressive. I just think that the expectations were high for this car and then came the Wrx and others. I still love the Z though.

Eh, they don't get my thumbs up for approval. I like the older 300 much better!!

As far as speed is concerned, I beat one at a light with my brother and sister in law in my car. This was in my SRT-4. Shortly their after, I got walked very slowly by an STi with exhaust when i was the only one in the car. So, I'm pretty sure an STi will take most 350Z's in any race.
    THIS IS CAKE TOWN!!

Me and a 350Z were dead even from about 80-100 on the highway, by around 120 I had pulled about 3 feet on him and he let off.

My car is stock except for a downpipe.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #027

95 Mitsu 3000GT TT Sable Black
    2006 WRX TR Crystal Gray Metallic

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/3...dwrxsig5yd.jpg

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12