My 2016 Wrx and Honda accord coupe 06
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on My 2016 Wrx and Honda accord coupe 06 within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi I just have a Stupid question. I and my Cousin were just having fun with our both cars. So ...

Hi I just have a Stupid question. I and my Cousin were just having fun with our both cars. So we did a pull on 2nd gear, but how come I don't stand a chance to him. Like he can pass me like nothing.
    My car is bone stock with Nameless muffler delete
    and his car stock with CAI and Cheap muffler.
    He said I should bring it back to dealership to get a new car hahahahaha....

is something wrong?
    one more question should be the Traction control on Or off when pulling
    Forgot his car was 2005 not 2006 Accord coupe v6 MT

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nope, sounds exactly right.

You don't stand a chance because both cars are pretty matched but the accord has a better power band for this type of shenanigans because it's not turbo charged. I know this is hard to take but in the grand scheme of fast, the wrx is not fast, especially in a straight line from a roll pull.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    Nope, sounds exactly right.

You don't stand a chance because both cars are pretty matched but the accord has a better power band for this type of shenanigans because it's not turbo charged. I know this is hard to take but in the grand scheme of fast, the wrx is not fast, especially in a straight line from a roll pull.

Ahh really that's sad. A 10yrs old car is better than mine.

or it just the Rev Hang of WRX?

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

No it isn't. Many people have unrealistic expectations. The rev hang has little to do with it.

If you wanted a fast car you should have looked into American muscle. They really do what your looking for.

All? NO ALL!

Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy) SD_GR's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    The Honda V6 is a wonderful motor. Quiet, reliable, versatile, with good torque, better fuel economy than my Subaru, and low emissions. Bravo Honda.
    After a little while I felt a little better, but very little. I needed a drink, I needed a lot of life insurance, I needed a vacation, I needed a home in the country. What I had was a coat, a hat and a gun. I put them on and went out of the room. Fairwell, My Lovely
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The Honda V6 is a wonderful motor. Quiet, reliable, versatile, with good torque, better fuel economy than my Subaru, and low emissions. Bravo Honda.
    Always have been under appreciated for the performance they offer as well. My co-workers early 90s model runs beautifully at 230k and still has enough umph to spin the wheels with ease.

All? NO ALL!

Quote Originally Posted by XJman View Post
    No it isn't. Many people have unrealistic expectations. The rev hang has little to do with it.

If you wanted a fast car you should have looked into American muscle. They really do what your looking for.

hehehe not fan of muscle cars. I mean yea i know it's fast.
    But yea maybe the rev hand or something.
    Because everytime i reach 4.5k to 5k rpm I loses power when pulling.

Wanted to buy AP for it hahaaha....

Quote Originally Posted by bny13 View Post
    hehehe not fan of muscle cars. I mean yea i know it's fast.
    But yea maybe the rev hand or something.
    Because everytime i reach 4.5k to 5k rpm I loses power when pulling.

Wanted to buy AP for it hahaaha....
    That has nothing to do with rev hang. Rev hang is not your issue. Even with a stage 1 tune the accord would likely still walk away from a roll. What you are asking for is exactly what a muscle car is good at. You say you do not like them, but don't understand why your wrx isn't good at what a muscle car is good at.

Enjoy your car for what it is, it's a fun spirited vehicle. It's faster than most econobox vehicles, and can punch at vehicles with a much higher price tag on a autox course.

All? NO ALL!

There was a post about this awhile back. I used to have a 2001 Accord coupe, though it was a 4-cylinder. I also had a 2002 Acura CL, which is basically an upgraded version of the same.

They are both fun to drive cars, very reliable and I agree not recognized for the performance they offer as much as other cars.

As far as the modern version, though I think the Accord is a very good-looking coupe, it is a bit more expensive than the WRX, doesn't offer 4WD, and has a small backseat and much less usable space than the WRX. It is also very hard to find a manual, though they do exist, as my neighbor just got one.

The interior styling and amenities of the Accord are also likely to beat out the WRX in a comparable trim level, but again for more cost.

I would gather the WRX would handle better in the curves and with challenging conditions like slippery roads, gravel, etc. The Accord does handle well, but I'm not a fan of torque steering.

2016 Honda Accord Coupe V-6 Manual Test – Review – Car and Driver
    Current ride: 2017 WRX Premium in Ice Silver Metallic

Former rides: 2012 Subaru WRX Premium in DGM; 2011 BMW X3; 2005 Honda CRV ;2003 BMW Z4; 2002 Acura CL; 2001 Subaru Outback; 2001 Honda Accord Coupe; 1986 Audi 80; 1986 Saab 900; 1977 Toyota Celica

Registered User Firefighterjake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff View Post
    There was a post about this awhile back. I used to have a 2001 Accord coupe, though it was a 4-cylinder. I also had a 2002 Acura CL, which is basically an upgraded version of the same.

They are both fun to drive cars, very reliable and I agree not recognized for the performance they offer as much as other cars.

As far as the modern version, though I think the Accord is a very good-looking coupe, it is a bit more expensive than the WRX, doesn't offer 4WD, and has a small backseat and much less usable space than the WRX. It is also very hard to find a manual, though they do exist, as my neighbor just got one.

The interior styling and amenities of the Accord are also likely to beat out the WRX in a comparable trim level, but again for more cost.

I would gather the WRX would handle better in the curves and with challenging conditions like slippery roads, gravel, etc. The Accord does handle well, but I'm not a fan of torque steering.

Agree with this post 100%.

I had a 2003 Accord coupe with a MT which was fun to drive, economical, nice inside and handled reasonably well with enough zip to make me happy . . . in fact I was considering a newer Accord coupe -- perhaps a 6 cylinder -- until I took the test drive of the WRX. The added expense of the 6 cylinder vs. the WRX and the WRX's ability to handle the snow much better pretty much eliminated the Accord from the list . . . but the Accord was certainly a decent and reliable car. While I had it (second owner) I passed the 200,000 mark and I sold the car to my buddy who gave it to his son to drive . . . and shortly thereafter the timing chain stretched too much and they had to drop a new engine in it (oh well . . . it was reliable for me . . . and truthfully I was not very good when it came to maintenance.)

Registered User Firefighterjake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Jeff View Post

Agree with this post 100%.

I had a 2003 Accord coupe with a MT which was fun to drive, economical, nice inside and handled reasonably well with enough zip to make me happy . . . in fact I was considering a newer Accord coupe -- perhaps a 6 cylinder -- until I took the test drive of the WRX. The added expense of the 6 cylinder vs. the WRX and the WRX's ability to handle the snow much better pretty much eliminated the Accord from the list . . . but the Accord was certainly a decent and reliable car. While I had it (second owner) I passed the 200,000 mark and I sold the car to my buddy who gave it to his son to drive . . . and shortly thereafter the timing chain stretched too much and they had to drop a new engine in it (oh well . . . it was reliable for me . . . and truthfully I was not very good when it came to maintenance.)

I Support ClubWRX
    I feel Honda has been the best engine builder in the world for the past 20 years or so.

Their main weakness was their sporting cars, with the exception of one car they hired Senna to sort, would turn like yachts.

The 160HP VTEC (y0!) CRX had an excellent motor, but a Clio Willie would let you drive along whereas in the Honda you'd end up backwards in a ditch. Ditto compared to the relatively underpowered 205 Rallye -- that car had steering and a suspension, and the CRX did not.

Eventually they fixed all that, and now their cars turn too. There are travel limits that you could imagine running into (my Subaru has 20 cm of rear suspension travel; I doubt a Honda will be able to match that) but unless the measure you are using to judge the cars is their ability to travel quickly across tank proving grounds the Honda chassis are now quite competitive.

I do wish Honda would make a good AWD car priced around what a modern Subaru costs -- I'd never have to shop for Subaru parts again once my WRX surrenders the spirit.
    After a little while I felt a little better, but very little. I needed a drink, I needed a lot of life insurance, I needed a vacation, I needed a home in the country. What I had was a coat, a hat and a gun. I put them on and went out of the room. Fairwell, My Lovely
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

It's rarely an engine on any brand that fails anymore, it's all the junk attached to it and Honda is not immune from those failures. The same few companies basically supply all major OEMs.

All? NO ALL!

I Support ClubWRX
    If I'm honest, Honda are not immune to ridiculous engine failures either -- one version of the V6, an engine I do admire, was... porous. Oil leaked through the engine. The Pilot forum was particularly impressed with that. It's an amazing accomplishment if you think about it. Later, the auto transmissions they linked to the V6 would fail. However, overall they are excellent cars. I'd buy one.

I've heard if that. In general, Honda and Toyota have a very high expectation set for themselves and rarely fail to meet it. Their suppliers can rarely keep up with them though. We are doing suspension and other vsrious springs for the new NSX and it's been a pain.

All? NO ALL!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.