Model Types...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Model Types... within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So stock for stock a 2011 wrx, 2012 wrx, 2013 wrx, and 2014 wrx are all the same correct? It's ...

Model Types...

So stock for stock a 2011 wrx, 2012 wrx, 2013 wrx, and 2014 wrx are all the same correct? It's the same exact car basically? I came across a guy at a car meet that swore that the best of those 4 years is the 2012 wrx model but I thought these 4 years all were the same body and engine and stock rims, etc...

Also, is the 2015 wrx really that much slower than a 2014 wrx?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    the only difference is cosmetic the 2011 had the black headlights with chrome trim around the projectors and the sedan had a silver trunk trim panel vs body color. Also certain colors were add/dropped or changed
    2012 Subaru WRX and STI research page: WRX, Premium, Limited, and STI, STI Limited, 4 door sedan, 5 door hatchback
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

Why would you think a 15 is slower
    Stinkeye member 520

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    2015 is faster WTF are you talking about?
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Model Types...

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    Why would you think a 15 is slower
    Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    2015 is faster WTF are you talking about?
    Not that 0-60 is everything, but I'm reading 2015 manual= 5.2-5.5 sec, 2014= 4.7 sec....

That's technically slower

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by kh202 View Post
    Not that 0-60 is everything, but I'm reading 2015 manual= 5.2-5.5 sec, 2014= 4.7 sec....

That's technically slower

Same specs/test numbers I have seen. Explanation I have heard is that with the 2014 5 speed gearing you could get to 55 mph in 2nd gear but with the 2015's 6 speed you have to shift sooner at a lower speed. I'm not drag racing mine anytime soon (if ever) and I am having plenty of fun accelerating from stops and onto freeway on ramps. Plenty fast acceleration for me.
    Ryan
    '15 WRX Premium -- Sunroof, short throw, upgraded lights (LED boomarangs, HID lowbeams), TapTurn, STi Wing, 20% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by 15WRBlue View Post
    Same specs/test numbers I have seen. Explanation I have heard is that with the 2014 5 speed gearing you could get to 55 mph in 2nd gear but with the 2015's 6 speed you have to shift sooner at a lower speed. I'm not drag racing mine anytime soon (if ever) and I am having plenty of fun accelerating from stops and onto freeway on ramps. Plenty fast acceleration for me.
    Yeah I wasn't saying they were slow, just posted up the stats cuz people were asking why op would think they were " slower"

There's more to a car then how fast it is on paper. The 0-60 time might be slower just because you have shorter gears than the older 5 speeds but the 15 is definitely a faster and better handling car than the previous
    Stinkeye member 520

Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    There's more to a car then how fast it is on paper. The 0-60 time might be slower just because you have shorter gears than the older 5 speeds but the 15 is definitely a faster and better handling car than the previous
    Agreed

1 - Thanks all for the replies and info.

2 - I test drove a 2015 wrx and it felt heavier as well as being a six speed. I'm sure it's faster on corners and turns. It definitely felt a tad more "sporty" than my 2014 wrx for sure. Good car though, just wish they looked more "aggressive" at the front, but that's personal opinion.

3 - I feel a bit silly buying a newish 2014 wrx when I could have had a 2012/2013 wrx for less while driving the same car practically.

Quote Originally Posted by Germz to Japz View Post
    1 - Thanks all for the replies and info.

2 - I test drove a 2015 wrx and it felt heavier as well as being a six speed. I'm sure it's faster on corners and turns. It definitely felt a tad more "sporty" than my 2014 wrx for sure. Good car though, just wish they looked more "aggressive" at the front, but that's personal opinion.

3 - I feel a bit silly buying a newish 2014 wrx when I could have had a 2012/2013 wrx for less while driving the same car practically.
    2. Funny I think the rear isn't aggressive lol.

3. I would feel silly too...but I bet the 14 had a good trade in
    Stinkeye member 520

Haha the rear actually seems nicer. At least in my point of view. It didn't have a wing also (my car does) so it was so nice to be able to see everything so clearly lol.

Side note, how do you like your 2009 wrx? My little brother wants to get a car after he graduates and is looking at affordable Japanese cars with a little more kick than his camry le.
    Last edited by Germz to Japz; 01-07-2015 at 09:21 PM. Reason: spelling? ok?

It's not bad. Has the broken clutch welds I have held tight with nuts and bolts. And the clutch is slipping so I haven't been able to really enjoy my stage 1.
    But I really do like it
    Stinkeye member 520

When did the clutch start to slip?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.