Subaru WRX Forum banner

2015 wrx vs 2009 g35

6K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  wrexin_it 
#1 ·
-So my friend has a straight piped/muffler delete g35 auto
-me a stock 2015WRX

He thought his car was faster and he asked me if i wanted to have a little fun
i agreed and we started from a dig i had him at about 3 car lengths then stopped

i was wondering if his car was running slow with the straight pipe and his muffler delete with out a tune because i didn't thing my WRX was that much faster than a g35

#4 ·
Street racing is extremely frowned upon.
It is dangerous and illegal.
We do not condone racing not done on a track.
Not even on a side rd or back roads.

#10 ·
Do you know what both cars were running for setups.
What mods? How were they tuned?
There's quite a few variables.
Gear ratios will also have an effect.

Those 6 cylinder Mustangs and Camaros have more power than people realize.
And they can be modded as well.
Myself I don't care for the 6 cylinder American cars. I'd still go V8 all the way.

#16 ·
It's tricky to anticipate the result of a drag race with AWD and RWD cars...there are the losses and numbers that Zach refers to...but getting the ideal magazine numbers out of our Subies means achieving a somewhat perfect AWD launch. I've always thought it would be interesting for the magazines to also include "Quarter mile time with a granny launch" so that Subaru buyers could see what they're really buying, minus the destructive driving style.

Empirically, I think both cars are ~100mph trap speed cars, so it could be a close race if the WRX driver makes any error at all. (talking about the WRX and V6 Camaro)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.