2015 Subaru WRX vs. (stage 2) Ford Fiesta ST- The Smoking Tire
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 Subaru WRX vs. (stage 2) Ford Fiesta ST- The Smoking Tire within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Matt Farah highlights the good and the bad of the 2015 WRX and then throws it against each the Fiesta ...

2015 Subaru WRX vs. (stage 2) Ford Fiesta ST- The Smoking Tire

Matt Farah highlights the good and the bad of the 2015 WRX and then throws it against each the Fiesta ST autocross style. Definitely worth a watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYR_c7rnwps

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Video embedded for simplicity:

I still need to try out a '15 WRX.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Thanks, it'll be one of my first cars I check out after I finish school at the end of next year.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    That video makes me want to take my 13 with swaybars, bushings to the track. Go a few laps with mine and then a few laps with the 15. Then gow a few laps with a stock 13 or 14. A comparison like that would be quality. You would really be able to see the differences. Plus it would be tons of fun.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by TownLine500 View Post
    That video makes me want to take my 13 with swaybars, bushings to the track. Go a few laps with mine and then a few laps with the 15. Then gow a few laps with a stock 13 or 14. A comparison like that would be quality. You would really be able to see the differences. Plus it would be tons of fun.
    Could find some guys and make a video near you.

Stock '15, 2nd gear around the track. I think the car has more legs, in that things get interesting up in 3rd. As a side note, I need to perhaps learn to drive. The way he keeps both hands clamped onto the steering wheel and crosses his arms rail to rail utilises the '15 ratio much more effectively than my sloppy style. As for being the quickest car that they have ever brought to the track, I doubt that!

I really want to drive a Fist in the worst way to see what all the hub bub is about.

My only issue with this video is that the Fist has been upgraded to a stage 2 and still lost to the wrx, if you were to do a basic stage 2 to the wrx wouldn't the end results be much wider? Granted they probably still spent less on the Fist total then what a 15 wrx will cost.

I haven't heard someone say they hated the shifting so much in the 15, is it different from previous gens? I didn't think my stock shifting was that bad, I still modded it but I could have easily lived with it.

I drove the Fist and Fost at our Ford dealership before I purchased my WRX. Honestly the Fist was so much fun. A little exciting go cart. In a way it reminded me of the FRS. If you get the chance definitely something you should try out for yourself! However, torque steer is no fun..
    Last edited by brucewayne; 10-24-2014 at 10:20 AM. Reason: always grammar mistakes
    2014 DGM Sedan

Stink Eye Mob #228

Quote Originally Posted by speedtown View Post
    I really want to drive a Fist in the worst way to see what all the hub bub is about.
    You can drive my fist...

The stage 2 focus mostly just upgrades the torque. The hp gains are minimal.

2014 Ford Fiesta ST €“ Major Maintenance

Well here's a little helpful consideration. The long term review, in short, states how the shocks were blown along with other issues due to AutoX, spirited driving, and normal driving on highways and such. Although the ST is considerably cheaper than the WRX maybe one should invest on a set of konis along with beefier sway bars and endlinks. Granted the commoners who enjoy cars like the WRX and ST don't have the luxury to thrash our vehicles like automobile journalist do, the article does have merit. It's a shame that a car that really begs to be pushed would have such issues, nonetheless the ST is a great car, and I would to see a long term review on the new WRX in similar fashion the linked article.
    2014 WRX 5DR Ice Silver Metallic. Cobb Short Shifter, Invidia Dual N1 CBE.

Ok, I'm new so I'll go easy..... Who would be comfortable in a Ford Fiesta? Not me......Plus I live where it snows. Not even close....

I drove a focus st and thought my 14 wrx was more fun. I didn't drive the fiesta thought it was a bit small for a dd

Registered User electricmarquis's Avatar
    Maybe the Focus RS if they bring it to the states. I think right now its a limited 500 run in Europe.

There is gonna be a crud load of articles/videos on STI vs. Focus RS vs. VW Golf R coming our way.
    2011 Subaru Outback Premium.
    2014 Dodge Durango AWD Limited.
    2015 Subaru WRX Premium.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.