WRX vs. Genesis - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 36

This is a discussion on WRX vs. Genesis within the Comparison: WRX vs World forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; If what you are looking for is performance.... WRX is obviously worlds better than the ****ty hyundai...... Tell your bitch ...

  1. #16
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    65
    If what you are looking for is performance.... WRX is obviously worlds better than the ****ty hyundai...... Tell your bitch friend to go to a windy road with you and watch how fast you lose him.

    Straight line...... who really gives a ****, you guys would probably end up being kinda close, but I think the wrx would take the cake because of the traction off of the line and the manual tranny.

    Practicality------ 4doors>2doors AWD>RWD

    ALSO, if your girlfriend can't drive a manual...... either teach her, or get a new girlfriend.

    Last but definitely not least..... HE DRIVES A F**KING HYUDAI!!!!! all you have to say to your buddy is "BRO.... YOU DRIVE A F**KING HYUNDAI" and you've won the argument

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,959
    I Support ClubWRX
    Guys let's keep the language PG-13 please. The forum is open to members of all ages. Thanks.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  4. #18
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by disqimation View Post
    If what you are looking for is performance.... WRX is obviously worlds better than the ****ty hyundai...... Tell your bitch friend to go to a windy road with you and watch how fast you lose him.

    Straight line...... who really gives a ****, you guys would probably end up being kinda close, but I think the wrx would take the cake because of the traction off of the line and the manual tranny.

    Practicality------ 4doors>2doors AWD>RWD

    ALSO, if your girlfriend can't drive a manual...... either teach her, or get a new girlfriend.

    Last but definitely not least..... HE DRIVES A F**KING HYUDAI!!!!! all you have to say to your buddy is "BRO.... YOU DRIVE A F**KING HYUNDAI" and you've won the argument



    Sent from the beer depository.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  5. #19
    Registered User Sarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Dreadford, OR
    Posts
    218
    Buy a Hyundai with an Automatic.

    Build the automatic.

    Put in a blown chevy or ford big block.

    ???

    Profit!

  6. #20
    Registered User thesolodriver84's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Fort Belvoir VA
    Posts
    34
    I actually like that Hyundai grew some balls and entered into sports car and sports compact market. Competition brings better products and innovations. Sadly, it picked one hell of a time to enter the ring to box it out with the big boys. The new Mustang V6 and 4cyl versions are going to be a pretty insane bang for the buck. With Ford's aggressive discounts and the Genesis being so similar in dimensions and price to the Mustang I wonder how Hyundai will counter. Cars like the BRZ can survive because they are built around a driver that values lightness and agility over brute strength.

    I think the next few years will be a pretty cool time to be into any small sports compact car. The WRX is a great value but at the same time I hope they update the engine in the STI. Also with the Golf R, Ford Focus RS and a Dart AWD around the corner it's going to get pretty competitive. Maybe Hyundai could get in the mix with their old Mitsubishi tech they bought to make the Genesis.

  7. #21
    Registered User electricmarquis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    93
    I always hated which car is better when one of the cars in question is the basis of the forum.

  8. #22
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by electricmarquis View Post
    I always hated which car is better when one of the cars in question is the basis of the forum.
    Why's that?


    Sent from the beer depository.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  9. #23
    Registered User electricmarquis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    93
    Well I just cant help but feel that the people who are on this forum are favorable to WRX/STI. Its pretty obvious that we are all here for the love, past, new, or hopeful ownership of these wrx's. While the above are both great cars, you would get a opposite outcome of this question on the Hyundai forum.

    I just joined but of all the cars I have had and joined the corresponding fan forums, the outcomes of questions like this are always in favor of the forum you are on.

    Just going on past trends.

    I joined because I ordered a new wrx. I will be a super fan as well. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread. Sorry folks, I steered this thread a jacking like direction I apoligize.

  10. #24
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,959
    I Support ClubWRX

    WRX vs. Genesis

    Quote Originally Posted by electricmarquis View Post
    Well I just cant help but feel that the people who are on this forum are favorable to WRX/STI.
    I don't think you're being fair. I've told at least a dozen people to NOT buy a Subaru. Probably many more but I don't recall.

    In fact I almost invariably recommend other marques. Usually Honda or Toyota.

    Do Hyundai fora have someone that will like clockwork recommend against Hyundai? I routinely recommend against Subaru. I'm not alone but only speak for myself.

    In fact a few days ago in the USA I saw my fav Hyundai city car. I didn't realise it but it's not a normal event here since it's not sold in the US; I later saw the foreign plates. It's the Atos; I think it's terrific. Better than the Subaru superminis of that era.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 09-01-2014 at 12:44 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  11. #25
    He simply abides. SD_GR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    CA, US
    Posts
    22,959
    I Support ClubWRX

    WRX vs. Genesis

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1409597107.137681.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	196.6 KB 
ID:	164361

    The shot was taken with my mobile from inside my Subaru. I noticed the Hyundai, liked it since Mk1, and got nostalgic, so I took a picture!

    Now, there are cars I will immediately recommend against as a public service. Almost anything with a Wankel, doubly so if they have the nerve to call it a "rotary," and especially if it's a Mazda Wankel (note that I own a Mazda with a correct engine so I'm not anti-Mazda); anything with a Mitsubishi 4G63 engine, that I owned and found disgusting, most Romanian cars, etc. But pro-Subaru bias? No.
    Last edited by SD_GR; 09-01-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

  12. #26
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,980
    Quote Originally Posted by electricmarquis View Post
    Well I just cant help but feel that the people who are on this forum are favorable to WRX/STI. Its pretty obvious that we are all here for the love, past, new, or hopeful ownership of these wrx's. While the above are both great cars, you would get a opposite outcome of this question on the Hyundai forum.

    I just joined but of all the cars I have had and joined the corresponding fan forums, the outcomes of questions like this are always in favor of the forum you are on.

    Just going on past trends.

    I joined because I ordered a new wrx. I will be a super fan as well. Now back to our regularly scheduled thread. Sorry folks, I steered this thread a jacking like direction I apoligize.
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    I don't think you're being fair. I've told at least a dozen people to NOT buy a Subaru. Probably many more but I don't recall.

    In fact I almost invariably recommend other marques. Usually Honda or Toyota.

    Do Hyundai fora have someone that will like clockwork recommend against Hyundai? I routinely recommend against Subaru. I'm not alone but only speak for myself.

    In fact a few days ago in the USA I saw my fav Hyundai city car. I didn't realise it but it's not a normal event here since it's not sold in the US; I later saw the foreign plates. It's the Atos; I think it's terrific. Better than the Subaru superminis of that era.
    What he said. I think you'll find that the core members of this forum who have been around a while are actually very open minded and won't hesitate to appreciate other cars.


    Sent from the beer depository.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  13. #27
    Registered User Crazy Sharks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    17
    Quote Originally Posted by thesolodriver84 View Post
    I actually like that Hyundai grew some balls and entered into sports car and sports compact market. Competition brings better products and innovations. Sadly, it picked one hell of a time to enter the ring to box it out with the big boys. The new Mustang V6 and 4cyl versions are going to be a pretty insane bang for the buck. With Ford's aggressive discounts and the Genesis being so similar in dimensions and price to the Mustang I wonder how Hyundai will counter. Cars like the BRZ can survive because they are built around a driver that values lightness and agility over brute strength.

    I think the next few years will be a pretty cool time to be into any small sports compact car. The WRX is a great value but at the same time I hope they update the engine in the STI. Also with the Golf R, Ford Focus RS and a Dart AWD around the corner it's going to get pretty competitive. Maybe Hyundai could get in the mix with their old Mitsubishi tech they bought to make the Genesis.
    This. I love too that Hyundai got into the game with a RWD coupe with some HP. I will say though as a dude who bought his first Subaru 2 months ago ('15 WRX base) the Hyundai IMO is really not great. I test drove a turbo with the auto transmission and it felt like every other Hyundai I've driven - pretty, well appointed with a decent stereo, and no connection to the road, no feel, and IMO no soul. For me it is clearly not an enthusiast's car, it was more something to tick off the sports car boxes without actually engineering a sports car. That being said, I'm not a Subie fanboy and love other makes, and I'd love it if the Korean makes figured out how to properly sort a chassis. At the end of the day, as I see it, this isn't really a comparison.

  14. #28
    Registered User Yoro721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    99
    I drove a fellow coworkers hyundai genesis 2.0 t r spec. His was a manual. Neat car. Interior was very well done...I mean for the money, probably has to be one of the best interior, 5 stars on that. responsive turbo, handling felt nice..very grippy, probably due to the wider rear tires and the slight negative camber. I didn't like the shifter...too sloppy feeling. A few times I had to ask myself : "am I in gear? Yes...no I am not." . Overall I liked it, I would chose the 2.0 T over the 3.8 (I had a roommate with one). Nonetheless it is not relevant with my lifestyle. I'm in the army and I have to lug around gear and might find myself living in areas where awd is worth it's weight in gold. I also am father to a four month old, and plan to have more kids. The wrx is a no brainer for folks like me who need a utilitarian sports compact...but I'm preaching to the choir here
    2014 WRX 5DR Ice Silver Metallic. Cobb Short Shifter, Invidia Dual N1 CBE.

  15. #29
    Registered User nsibanez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoro721 View Post
    I drove a fellow coworkers hyundai genesis 2.0 t r spec. His was a manual. Neat car. Interior was very well done...I mean for the money, probably has to be one of the best interior, 5 stars on that. responsive turbo, handling felt nice..very grippy, probably due to the wider rear tires and the slight negative camber. I didn't like the shifter...too sloppy feeling. A few times I had to ask myself : "am I in gear? Yes...no I am not." . Overall I liked it, I would chose the 2.0 T over the 3.8 (I had a roommate with one). Nonetheless it is not relevant with my lifestyle. I'm in the army and I have to lug around gear and might find myself living in areas where awd is worth it's weight in gold. I also am father to a four month old, and plan to have more kids. The wrx is a no brainer for folks like me who need a utilitarian sports compact...but I'm preaching to the choir here
    I wouldn't mind a 2.0 but did they drop it? All I see on hyundai is the 3.8
    Stinkeye member 520

  16. #30
    Registered User Yoro721's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    99
    Quote Originally Posted by nsibanez View Post
    I wouldn't mind a 2.0 but did they drop it? All I see on hyundai is the 3.8
    Interesting......you're correct I don't see the 2.0 T in their lineup. That's a bummer. Hopefully the next gen of the genesis will lose some weight. 3400+. Lbs for a coupe? The acceleration shows it needs to stay off the carbs.
    2014 WRX 5DR Ice Silver Metallic. Cobb Short Shifter, Invidia Dual N1 CBE.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •